My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (27 Viewers)

I'd also settle for a loss to $1337.
Only if he's playing online.

1622227381876.png

Ugh. Call a loose players raise with :as::qs::7s::3c: and I'm in the BB a TAG calls on button

Flop :ah::qc::2s:

Checked around

Turn :4h:

I bet $250

LAG folds, TAG raises to $750?

We call with top two plus we block the straight

River :6d:

We check, he bets $950 (puts out one pumpkin chip)

I figure he'd do this with a whiffed flush draw, I call

He turns over :8c::7s::5h::3h:

Lol, wtf?

Ugh. Call a loose players raise with :as::qs::7s::3c: and I'm in the BB a TAG calls on button

Flop :ah::qc::2s:

Checked around

Turn :4h:

I bet $250

LAG folds, TAG raises to $750?

We call with top two plus we block the straight

River :6d:

We check, he bets $950 (puts out one pumpkin chip)

I figure he'd do this with a whiffed flush draw, I call

He turns over :8c::7s::5h::3h:

Lol, wtf?
I'm not sure what his preflop plan was with that trash on the button, but the free turn was his gin card.

Was stuck 800-900

Picked up :ac::td::8c::6h:

Saw a flop of :ad::th::4c:

Guy bets 100, we repot to 400, best player in game calls, other guy folds

We shove our last $175 blind, turn is :7c:

He snaps, we go twice

River 1 :ks:
River 2 :qh:

We are good with two pair

Very next hand it's raised by the best player on our left, one caller, we defend rock with

:kc::jd::8d::6c:

Flop :qh::7c::5c:

We check, pro bets 200, other guy thinks for a bit and calls, we repot, pro repots, we go twice

First board :as::3s:
Second Board :7d::5h:

We get scooped by

:qs::qc::jc::9d:

Le sigh. Taking the $1500 loss and calling it a day

Screenshot_20210528-172127_Chrome.jpg

Is that enough to sustain a stable income?

once the fish stop playing, only sharks are left and win rates drop?
Why would the fish stop playing? Fish don't think of themselves as fish. It's not like they get up in the morning and say "I'm going to go down to the card room today and give all my money to Anthony and all the other good players."

Fish think of themselves as good players who are on a bad streak. Sometimes a very very long bad streak... Or they just have more money than they know what to do with and they enjoy the excitement of gambling along with the occasional big win. Either way, they're gamblers. They're not going to stop coming. And the ones that do get replaced by new ones.

Why would the fish stop playing? Fish don't think of themselves as fish. It's not like they get up in the morning and say "I'm going to go down to the card room today and give all my money to Anthony and all the other good players."

Fish think of themselves as good players who are on a bad streak. Sometimes a very very long bad streak... Or they just have more money than they know what to do with and they enjoy the excitement of gambling along with the occasional big win. Either way, they're gamblers. They're not going to stop coming. And the ones that do get replaced by new ones.

Adding to that, Anthony did his homework prior to making his decision to play full-time. While NLHE hasn't been completely "solved", the skill gap between a rec / fish player in NLHE compared to a reg / pro player is WAY narrower than the same gaps for each player group in PLO. Then you add in the other fishy pitfalls of higher variance, propensity to gambool it up, and hand selections being disregarded by poorer players, it's just a license to print money.

Could PLO dry up when the fish start to play better? Absolutely, that's the way of cash game ecosystems. But it'll never be to the degree of NLHE because of the extra hole cards. If the equity is still there, you keep your nose to the grindstone.

If the unfathomable did happen and PLO wasn't a money maker for Anthony any longer, I hope he starts playing those awesome limit mixed games that we've seen every now and then on here.

May the crushing continue!

Adding to that, Anthony did his homework prior to making his decision to play full-time. While NLHE hasn't been completely "solved", the skill gap between a rec / fish player in NLHE compared to a reg / pro player is WAY narrower than the same gaps for each player group in PLO. Then you add in the other fishy pitfalls of higher variance, propensity to gambool it up, and hand selections being disregarded by poorer players, it's just a license to print money.

Could PLO dry up when the fish start to play better? Absolutely, that's the way of cash game ecosystems. But it'll never be to the degree of NLHE because of the extra hole cards. If the equity is still there, you keep your nose to the grindstone.

If the unfathomable did happen and PLO wasn't a money maker for Anthony any longer, I hope he starts playing those awesome limit mixed games that we've seen every now and then on here.

May the crushing continue!
While I think PLO fish are worse on average than NLHE, NLHE is FAR from a dead game live. 2/5, 5/5, and even some 5/10 is easily beatable. Some states might be easier. But I've watched enough live NLHE games of that size to know that the money is still there. You still need to exercise game selection, but that's always true. And there are way more NLHE games than PLO games. And there is less variance.

This is not to knock PLO pros at all. Nor anyone that drops NLHE for PLO because it requires less work since the players are worse. It just depends on what you want to put your energy into. But getting really good at NLHE to beat 2/5 and 5/10 will still help your overall poker game a lot. And it will translate some to PLO. Big bet poker skills are very transferable.

With the return of the pro who opted to call raises with 8753, if he and the other best player are in the game I'm going to minbuy the shit out of them

If they want to play retarded hands and bink gutshots I'm going to make them commit to their hands preflop

This will handcuff them against other big stacks. Then I'll just switch to 2/2/5 PLO when I triple up, and maybe come back an hour later and minbuy to handcuff their goofy plays again, fuck em lol!

While I think PLO fish are worse on average than NLHE, NLHE is FAR from a dead game live. 2/5, 5/5, and even some 5/10 is easily beatable. Some states might be easier.

Absolutely you can find good NLHE games. If you've ever watched any of the TCH streams on Youtube or Brad Owen / Andrew Neeme's out of town vlogs, the skill level (or the SEVERE lack thereof) makes me think that the pros should flock to Texas.

But from an overall knowledge aspect, NLHE is of course the most studied and well understood game. That in and of itself already suggests that the average player is better at it than other poker variants. So given the choice I'd much rather have a bigger edge in a decent PLO player pool than a NLHE one.

Busted the memorial day tourney. Still time to rebuy but 5/5/10 PLO looked good

Sit with $550 and a super aggro guy on my left (he binked a tourney and just steps on the gas)

Dealt :jd::td::th::2h:

We limp after other limpers, aggro makes it 50, bunch of callers, we repot since headsup we should have decent equity with dead $$$ to boot

Asian lady calls, she only goes once unless pot is 4k

Runout :js::ts::9d::9s::3c:

We win, another guy tells us how he folded JJ preflop and would've won

Next hand we are rock, aggro makes it 35, few callers, we call with :ac::ts::8h::6c:

Flop :ad::6d::3s:

We are first to act and pot, aggro and lady in CO call

Turn :9s:

Checked around

River :6s:

We check to lady in CO, she bets 500, we just call. She only has an Ace

Two players leave, game shorthanded. We cashout +$1,727 and go to finish our lunch before rebuying tourney

20210531_141723.jpg

Is he six years old?

"Oh, if I call him a derogatory name that'll make him come back to play for thousands of dollars!"

"Game selection? What's that? I see ANY game, I SELECT to play in it! "

I don't get bothered by those guys

Had a miserable reg accuse me of a hit and run in 5/10 PLO with a 25 rock

I bought in for 500, lost it. Did that again
Third time I triple up and keep playing. Double that up. I play another 30 minutes, then rack up.

Guy says "nice hit n run, how long is that money gonna last you?"

I had been in the game 5 hours. Let the miserable cunts be miserable, that is their problem

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom