My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (30 Viewers)

Given how locked up I had diamonds except for the King, I didn't see any value in raising

I called because I felt it was unlikely I was beat, given I had four diamonds in my hand and the board was full of diamonds also

If I raise, he isn't calling with anything I beat, so I'm just throwing money away when he does happen to show up with the cooler here
If you min-raise here its $130 to make $1230, I think he would have to grumble call. You could probably even make it like $300 and he'd have to call $300 to make $1400. Feels like there's some number out there that works, and he's overfolding in this spot you can exploit it later.

If you min-raise here its $130 to make $1230, I think he would have to grumble call. You could probably even make it like $300 and he'd have to call $300 to make $1400. Feels like there's some number out there that works, and he's overfolding in this spot you can exploit it later.

If I minraise and he rips it, I'm put in a tough spot. Is he naked King bluffing? Does he actually have the goods?

The risk vs reward just isn't there, imo, to do anything on that river but call

If I minraise and he rips it, I'm put in a tough spot. Is he naked King bluffing? Does he actually have the goods?

i just think you're missing value there. If he had the naked king or the king high flush he should be potting the river, not downbetting. It just screams blocker bet, not value. You're leaving free money on the table here imo (and with 4 diamonds in your hand and 4 on the board, if he does rip it over top you have to call, with all your blockers)

i just think you're missing value there. If he had the naked king or the king high flush he should be potting the river, not downbetting. It just screams blocker bet, not value. You're leaving free money on the table here imo (and with 4 diamonds in your hand and 4 on the board, if he does rip it over top you have to call, with all your blockers)

I think raising here, given all the cards I have that are diamonds is straight spewing

He doesn't HAVE to call with a 6 high flush here, and his actual hand being a straight makes it even less likely

And away we go!

20210430_130500.jpg

HJ is $10 rock. We call in CO with :ad::ks::9d::7h:

8 handed to a limped pot, flop is

:js::td::7c:

We all check to old guy on button, he bets 50, three callers, I call. Turn :8d:

We all check, he bets 200. Everyone folds, I consider ripping it and going twice but double check his stack and he has another 1200 behind, so just call

River :5h:

I check, he checks behind. Like I suspected we both have the same hand when he shows :9c::8c:

But then he flips over :qs::3h: and didn't even realize he had thenuts lol

Next hand dealt :kc::ks::jh::tc:

Limp in the HJ, deepstacked aggro-fish in blinds makes it 60, we go 4 ways to a flop of

:kd::qc::8c:

Checked to us, we pot but no action

Next hand dealt :kc::ks::jh::tc:

Limp in the HJ, deepstacked aggro-fish in blinds makes it 60, we go 4 ways to a flop of

:kd::qc::8c:

Checked to us, we pot but no action
I don’t understand potting here vs. checking to close the action and letting someone give you some $ on the turn. Top set (Nut boat draw) plus second nut flush draw plus nut straight draw means you have almost everything covered. I would give folks a chance to stab at it. Ace is the only scare card.

I don’t understand potting here vs. checking to close the action and letting someone give you some $ on the turn. Top set (Nut boat draw) plus second nut flush draw plus nut straight draw means you have almost everything covered. I would give folks a chance to stab at it. Ace is the only scare card.

Sometimes I check it, sometimes I bet it, depends on the lineup.

At the table are some aggro-fish who might raise with worse in this spot rather than allowing a turn scare card to kill action

Plus, I'm known for sometimes betting draws and sometimes check-raising in spots, so gotta balance it out from time to time

Dealt :ah::7h::7c::6c: and see a flop 6 handed of

:8h::4s::3s:

EP bets 50, multiple callers, we call on button praying for the turn to be :5h:

Close as we are rewarded with :5d:

Checked to us, we pot, only previous bettor calls

River :2c:

He check-folds to our $400 bet

Another hand we get :as::th::tc::9c: and multiway see a flop of

:tc::6h::5h:

Checked to us, we bet pot of 55, two callers

Turn :7s:

Checked around

River :2h:

Checked around. Winner shows :qd::jh::4d::3h:

It's a draw heavy board. He will get action from anyone with good combo draws. Worst scenario is checking and then chopping when the low straight completes, when a pot bet drives that person out. The only action he gains on turn is from someone he is chopping/losing to. He wants to be able play for stacks on the turn with the freeroll. He can't do that if he checks and keeps the pot small.

Either way (checking or betting the flop) he only gains value IF he gets action on turn AND the freeroll comes in on the river. Everything else, he gains nothing or loses value by checking.

It's a draw heavy board. He will get action from anyone with good combo draws. Worst scenario is checking and then chopping when the low straight completes, when a pot bet drives that person out. The only action he gains on turn is from someone he is chopping/losing to. He wants to be able play for stacks on the turn with the freeroll. He can't do that if he checks and keeps the pot small.

Either way (checking or betting the flop) he only gains value IF he gets action on turn AND the freeroll comes in on the river. Everything else, he gains nothing or loses value by checking.

Well said. There ARE instances when I do check there. If my opponents are likely to take stabs

In this instance my opponents were the type to call too often, so was trying to take advantage of that.

I think raising here, given all the cards I have that are diamonds is straight spewing

He doesn't HAVE to call with a 6 high flush here, and his actual hand being a straight makes it even less likely
Thanks guys! I really appreciate the different perspectives. I've been getting killed lately playing PLO and I need to get the strategies down better.

My fat ass is beat, but got another skating session in tonight. This new rink is way better than the old one. DJ actually plays your requests right away, they play a good variety of music and not just mumble rap all night, it's even lower priced too.

Plus, there are consequences for actions. I was skating along and hit what I thought was water. When I came back around I found a piece of ice on the floor so I stood in front of it waving skaters away and called over the skate guard. They cleared the floor and got it all cleaned up, plus found other pieces.

A girl who had hurt herself had been given a bag of ice...........and then she was tossing pieces of ice onto the fucking floor. They booted her ass out and made an announcement letting others know if they pulled anything like that they'd get tossed too.

Back at the mean streets of PLO tomorrow at Tampa Hard Rock, been running good and booking some decent winning sessions. In the interim, here's a cool song that gets me hype on the rink

The rapper that went back and replaced the lyrics of a mumble-rap song with the alphabet made that video awesome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom