My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (43 Viewers)

Running it twice as an equity favorite is the better option because it's harder for your opponent to win both boards

When you are behind, your best shot to scoop is running it once, since you are unlikely to win both boards
Are you trying to put the poor man (@Jimulacrum ) on tilt? :D

I still don't understand why she thought you should have softplayed it. What was her logic?
For real.

I'd take my best friends and even my own grandmother and parents for everything they have on the poker table. There are no friends when cards are in play. No mercy on account of outside of table relationships.

I still don't understand why she thought you should have softplayed it. What was her logic?

She thought since we were friends that I should have told her I had it since she had the ace high flush

She even said after the hand she should get her bets back and immediately called a mutual friend to complain and ask him what he would've done in the same situation lol

She thought since we were friends that I should have told her I had it since she had the ace high flush

She even said after the hand she should get her bets back and immediately called a mutual friend to complain and ask him what he would've done in the same situation lol

She even askede why I bet after she told me she had the ace high flush and I said "to win money"

yeah that's just dumb, this is your livelihood. good riddance.

What a dumb move. Running it twice reduces variance which keeps more people at the table playing pots that generate rake. Now there is an incentive to not RIT so variance will go up and games will break faster with pros winning most and probably taking it out of the game. When the game breaks rake = $0.
If they're thinking at all, the brass probably figure that RIT = fewer hands = less rake, so recoup that loss rake with $5 charge

For real.

I'd take my best friends and even my own grandmother and parents for everything they have on the poker table. There are no friends when cards are in play. No mercy on account of outside of table relationships.

Sorry you lost your house Granddad.

1612634889064.png

But there are no friends at the card table.

lol, i love following the poker drama you get into. please also post the honest feedback!

There's over 100 replies but I can't see them, she has me blocked

A friend sent it to me.

I just posted this in the group

Since Elizabeth Blalock blocked me on here and then posted falsehoods about a hand we were in at Tampa HR, wanted to give MY side of the story

We were playing 1/2 PLO. In the past we had to not only flop a high hand, but if the turn or river improved our hand, it was disqualified, forcing us to end hands on the flop and losing the ability to value bet them

They recently changed it back, so the turn and river won't foul our hand

In a raised pot, I think about 5-6 of us saw a flop of 789 all clubs

I was in the blinds I believe and held XXT6 of clubs

There was about a minute and a half left on the clock and my hand was better than what was up there

I was under the belief that high hands were based on when you were DEALT the hand, but the rule actually is when it is TABLED.

I checked, she bet small for $15, everyone folded, I check-raised to $75

She said "do you have 56 of clubs? I have the ace high flush".

She claims I responded NOOOOO and then she called. I never answered her, I just shrugged my shoulders

The rules prevent me from

1. Telling the truth about my hand
2. Revealing my hand face up when there is action pending
3. Softplaying other players

My hand was tabled 15 seconds after the high hand period switched, so instead of winning 1k immediately I had to sweat 30 minutes for $500, which I won

She was upset that I didn't tell her I had a straight flush (against the rules) and even said she should get her money back!

She immediately blocked me from facebook, then called a mutual friend to complain AND posted in this group to seek solace

I play poker for a living. I am friendly at the table, but I will NEVER softplay anyone, friend or family member, Mother Theresa or a Make A Wish kid

I'm at the table to win money, and to expect me to cheat for you is frankly disgusting behavoir.

I expect my friends to try and take my money, as I'll be doing the same. Perhaps she should play solitaire instead

***EDIT - Asked my question before the above reply, which does address my concern below****

Does this card room have a rule about discussing the bonus?

I know a lot of places have rules about bad beat jackpots and other bonuses that they are forfeited if there floor determines there was collusion among the players to increase the odds of hitting the jackpot (agreeing to check it down, talking people out of folding to hit minimum pot amount, etc.). For that reason alone I would never discuss if I had a bonus hand while there was still a live hand going on.

Does this card room have a rule about discussing the bonus?

I know a lot of places have rules about bad beat jackpots and other bonuses that they are forfeited if there floor determines there was collusion among the players to increase the odds of hitting the jackpot (agreeing to check it down, talking people out of folding to hit minimum pot amount, etc.). For that reason alone I would never discuss if I had a bonus hand while there was still a live hand going on.

Yes, you could get disqualified

I play poker for a living. I am friendly at the table, but I will NEVER softplay anyone, friend or family member, Mother Theresa or a Make A Wish kid

I'm at the table to win money, and to expect me to cheat for you is frankly disgusting behavoir.
I quit playing in the friendly low stakes game at my annual family reunion because of this. One cousin always softplayed his brother and was brazen about. “I’ll check it down since it’s my brother” type of comments.

I told him that was disrespectful and cheating the rest of us. He knew and didn’t care. So I just quit playing when both of them were there. If I’d been a real dick I’d packed up my chips and cards and let them play with change and bills and shitty bicycle paper cards.

I won’t softplay anyone and don’t want anyone softplaying me. You did the right thing.

Could you imagine playing at a meetup, or any home game where literally everyone is friends - and just soft-playing everybody because you are all friends?

"Anybody want to play poker?"

"Nah, let's just do 50c flips all night, because we're friends"
I'll see you next Saturday. You better soft play me.

Yeah, but Anthony.... your deceased Grandmother?

And this...?

1612647916392.png

Face of a Make A Wish kid about to take Anthony to value town after flopping an ace high flush.

1612648250372.png

Ruthless Anthony eagerly waiting to spank his baby ass with the straight flush.

Having your hubcaps stolen has hardened you my friend.

Here are some of the best replies. Basically the entire comments section are people saying you can’t softplay because it’s cheating and then her replying with some excuse trying to explain why it’s different because of a high hand. At one point she said it didn’t matter because they can’t read lips on the cameras through the masks so he can say what he wants and not get in trouble for it. TLDR; she’s an idiot and Anthony was not in the wrong for not soft playing.

Attachments

• C4BA23AF-61F4-47BE-9EBF-81D642D121BA.png
    C4BA23AF-61F4-47BE-9EBF-81D642D121BA.png
    443.9 KB · Views: 157
Could you imagine playing at a meetup, or any home game where literally everyone is friends - and just soft-playing everybody because you are all friends?

"Anybody want to play poker?"

"Nah, let's just do 50c flips all night, because we're friends"
Or agree to a reenactement (in the end, everybody gets their money back:LOL: :laugh: )

As if everybody in the company liked boxing but didn't feel like hitting friends in the face; so let's pretend we do it.:D

Truth is poker is at least as violent as boxing. The "weights" should be carefully determined, among friends, if it's going to be played for real.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom