My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (46 Viewers)

Keep up the good work. Wish I could have the patience and drive to do what you are doing

Fish from last week who was up over 4k still sun-running

Screenshot_20201211-222156_Chrome.jpg

Calls flop pot bet, binks 10 turn and milks me for 50, rivers the Jack and milks me for 50 more lol

Despite his sun run I'm managing well

20201212_010259.jpg

After posting this made right laydown wrong time

I have :ad::qh::jd::7h:
Flop :ah::9d::4s:

Over-aggressive player who raised pre bets 100, myself and mr sun run call

Turn :js:

I check, sun run checks, villain pots for $485 or something like that

I think for awhile, but make the fold, just feel he is not bluffing, maybe set of 9's

Sun run calls. River another Jack and I mutter "motherfucker" to myself

Villain has A944 and sun run doesnt show

So would've sucked out and won a big pot, but made the correct decision which made me feel good

In the SB with :ac::7c::6c::2s:

Call a $5 button straddle, BB calls, HJ and CO call, 5 handed to flop

:ks::7s::2c:

Checked around

Turn :4c:

We bet pot, BB repots for half his stack, folded to us, we repot

He has :9c::4h::4d::3c: lol and holds

Lol, Asian kid raises pre to $7 (hate these raises, just make it an even # for the dealer)

Doofus on my right reraises to 15, couple callers, asian kid repots to $85, two callers

Flop :th::ts::4h:

Asian shoves, doofus calls

Asian :ac::kc::8s::3s:
Doofus: :qd::qh::9s::8c:

Asian rivers the Ace to double. This is going to be a good game

They keep trying to bluff me, can't help themselves

I have :ah::as::qs::2d: in the SB and call button straddle, UTG makes it 15 with $600 behind

Button shoves for $35

We just call, UTG calls

Flop :ac::ts::8h:

We pot it, UTG calls

Turn :kh:

We check, UTG bets $150, we call

River :2c:

We check, he bets $275

We think for awhile, but eventually make the call qnd hear the sweet sweet "good call" and scoop it

20201213_021904.jpg

We call a preflop raise on button with :kc::qc::jh::jd:

SB who recently rebought pops it to $40 with about $60 behind. One caller who is sitting on around $400

We repot to isolate, other caller folds. Figure we have the best hand against this guy, he's been overly active and likely steaming from just getting stacked, plus some dead $$$ in the pot

He shows up with :as::ad::qd::ts: however and we don't improve, whomp whomp

Despite:

1. Quitting my job to play PLO (and having no prior experience or track record in the game)

2. The shit-show that is 2020 closing poker rooms for months and a changing game once they re-opened (less players per table, more grinders flooding Tampa)

3. Having a pair of cheaters working together in one of the games (until I noticed something off and brought attention to it)

4. Experiencing sciatic pain that reduced my ability to play over a month-long period of time (fortunately I have this under control now)

I have managed to survive. We're now a year and 3 months into this journey and that graph just keeps climbing.

I may not be winning championship bracelets, but the mortgage gets paid, the fridge is full and the lights are on.

results.jpg

I may not be winning championship bracelets, but the mortgage gets paid, the fridge is full and the lights are on.
“You keep grinding out that rent money, Joe. It's noble work you're doing.”

Seriously, Anthony...congrats on a successful year. I know it hasn’t been easy and you have earned every dollar.

1607876460101.jpeg

“You keep grinding out that rent money, Joe. It's noble work you're doing.”

Seriously, Anthony...congrats on a successful year. I know it hasn’t been easy and you have earned every dollar.

View attachment 593067

Except that hand where I had KKJ4 ds vs K885 vs AA76 and binked the case K on the flop, that was pretty bullshit, but I'll take it!

Last edited:
Congrats Anthony...2021 will even be better (@Anthony Martino)

AND
And....

USA USA USA :D

Don't encourage him!

But it has been fun -- without the risk -- following your evolution, Anthony. And if you keep it up for another six months or so, I might let you have your wheel and tire back. You never know.

Despite:

1. Quitting my job to play PLO (and having no prior experience or track record in the game)

2. The shit-show that is 2020 closing poker rooms for months and a changing game once they re-opened (less players per table, more grinders flooding Tampa)

3. Having a pair of cheaters working together in one of the games (until I noticed something off and brought attention to it)

4. Experiencing sciatic pain that reduced my ability to play over a month-long period of time (fortunately I have this under control now)

I have managed to survive. We're now a year and 3 months into this journey and that graph just keeps climbing.

View attachment 593027
If you don't mind me asking, have you been able to add to your roll or have all profits gone towards living expense?

Last edited:
Glad for your success Anthony. The past year I’ve discovered the joy of PLO and enjoy your hand histories. Hope that 2021 is more of a traditional grind and less of a shit show. Keep smashing flops, binking turns, and if all else fails, spiking rivers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom