My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (44 Viewers)

It’s Nice watching your hands hold up. Nothing gets my nerves going in a PLo huge pot with cards to come.
I missed what was happening w the $15 tip? For someone that plays for a living in a “not so big” pot seems very high. Was it the end of his shift or were you just in the giving mood? Lol

It’s Nice watching your hands hold up. Nothing gets my nerves going in a PLo huge pot with cards to come.
I missed what was happening w the $15 tip? For someone that plays for a living in a “not so big” pot seems very high. Was it the end of his shift or were you just in the giving mood? Lol

I had won a big pot previously but didn't capture the big tip so did it on the next win despite it being a smaller pot.

I think this video I showed myself tipping $2 as well in another spot so they aren't all monster tips.

We're back in the mean streets of PLO this week, and have a new intro!

I'm not opposed to rap or cussing.

That said, the introduction are the first words someone hears, and (I believe) YouTube is now a source of income for you. So YouTube is essentially a business meeting with a potential customer.

When shaking hands with a new customer, should the first words you say to them be "I don't give a fuck what you say"?

Just a +1 to recent intro criticisms. Not trying to pile on but the corny rap plus the odd font goes on for too long. If I didnt know you from here Id make a face and turn it off soon as that started. Otherwise great video.

"I'm gonna stack bricks all day"... Pretty sick lyrics that are definitely applicable to a poker pro. Especially a poker chip aficionado... I personally like the change of pace on the intro.

From a "business/marketing" perspective the intro probably resonates with some segments more than others. Older PCF crowd, no so much (FYI, I do count myself in the "old PCF crowd" but I guess I'm in the minority of liking the intro).

I'm all for constructive feedback. I feel like my audience is cut in half. Some love "sucka deala" and want it back, others are glad it's gone. Now the same with the intro, the feedback on youtube has been positive, in here the opposite.

I felt the lyrics matched up with a poker pro, "stack bricks". As far as the "I don't give a fuck what you say", well, I've never been known to be politically correct and I regularly cuss or have Poker Jeezus flying by calling me a little bitch, so my vlog isn't going to be PG rated by any stretch. Shit, Ryan DePaulo constantly says "fuck your mother" and people love him for it lol.

I guess as my channel grows it'll just be that much harder to please everyone.

I'm all for constructive feedback. I feel like my audience is cut in half. Some love "sucka deala" and want it back, others are glad it's gone. Now the same with the intro, the feedback on youtube has been positive, in here the opposite.

I felt the lyrics matched up with a poker pro, "stack bricks". As far as the "I don't give a fuck what you say", well, I've never been known to be politically correct and I regularly cuss or have Poker Jeezus flying by calling me a little bitch, so my vlog isn't going to be PG rated by any stretch. Shit, Ryan DePaulo constantly says "fuck your mother" and people love him for it lol.

You're 100% right. I think you'd please both if you shortened it by half to the stacks like bricks part, but what do I know. Thanks for being vulnerable enough to share great poker content, really enjoying it.

You have to find YOUR audience. I know that you want to make content that everyone likes, but that's impossible. Once you find out what kind of audience you want to attract, then you can steer your content in that direction.

It's OK to have people that do not like your content. Hell, it's a natural part of life.

You have to find YOUR audience. I know that you want to make content that everyone likes, but that's impossible. Once you find out what kind of audience you want to attract, then you can steer your content in that direction.

It's OK to have people that do not like your content. Hell, it's a natural part of life.

no, NOOOOOO! I MUST be loved by EVERYONE!

On that note, I listened more to the full song and was able to find a part without the cussing that might flow better, how's this?

On that note, I listened more to the full song and was able to find a part without the cussing that might flow better, how's this?

Just do what you do. If you get big and make legit extra money from YouTube, great. If not, oh well. There are several vloggers that ain't my cup of tea for whatever reason.

Just do what you do. If you get big and make legit extra money from YouTube, great. If not, oh well. There are several vloggers that ain't my cup of tea for whatever reason.

I'm still ok with receiving feedback. I can be pretty pigheaded and stubborn and it helps me to be open to listening to others feedback. I'm not always going to agree with everything and I realize I can't please everyone. But at the end of the day I want those consuming my content to enjoy it, so if there are tweaks I can make to do that, without being disingenuous, then I'm all for it.

I like the music here, but I think you thanking the dealer, “you’re doing the Lord’s work”, etc. made it uniquely you. Could you keep the music and put some of those quotes back in the intro?

Also, I prefer the old vlogs, when you were tall and handsome. Please bring that aspect back!

I mostly listen to rap music but I have to say that the intro is a bit aggressive for a poker Vlog. Would strongly suggest not leading with that - you want to appeal to a mass audience imo. Good luck!

Been fighting a cold for a few days (no covid at least) so placed some on Americas Card Room tonight, getting some practice in for the WSOP this year

Made the money in two tournaments tonight:

13th / 109 - PLO Hi/Lo Tourney

25th / 187 - PLO High Only Tourney (final hand busted AKK2 to JJT6, meh)

Made some dough in the PLO8 cash game as well, so wasn't a wasted night

placed.png

Agreed that this intro is best one yet and I hate new hiphop. :)

(Insert overall vlog praise here)

One thing I noticed was that players losing hands often get zoomed in on (for the vlog) but do they ever get (justifiably) butt-hurt that you're capturing their misfortune in additional detail?

Unrelated feedback: Even though it is kind of douchey to film yourself with a wad of cash after cashing out chips, I wouldn't dare allude to anything Brad Owen does regularly as 'douchey' just because the guy has connections and I'd hate to see opportunities missed or a bridge burned for you, just because of some shit talk. Having said that, I think a funny idea to satirize it, would be to get a fast motion shot of you cashing out like 4 white chips and a snapper.

Agreed that this intro is best one yet and I hate new hiphop. :)

(Insert overall vlog praise here)

One thing I noticed was that players losing hands often get zoomed in on (for the vlog) but do they ever get (justifiably) butt-hurt that you're capturing their misfortune in additional detail?

Unrelated feedback: Even though it is kind of douchey to film yourself with a wad of cash after cashing out chips, I wouldn't dare allude to anything Brad Owen does regularly as 'douchey' just because the guy has connections and I'd hate to see opportunities missed or a bridge burned for you, just because of some shit talk. Having said that, I think a funny idea to satirize it, would be to get a fast motion shot of you cashing out like 4 white chips and a snapper.

I haven't encountered anyone getting upset of me capturing the hand on camera. I have had people ask that I not show their faces on camera (perhaps they don't want their boss or significant other to know they're playing, even though the footage won't show up for 3+ months with my backlog of content to get through)

A lot of vloggers do that cash out footage, I just never jumped on that bandwagon. But it would be comical to do the one you mentioned, I like it lol

Well I like your content and GGAI's content went down hill after his girlfriend dumped his ass.

Oh, wait, too soon?
Greg and his girlfriend were hysterical doing memes. The costumes and characters were great. Greg without his girlfriend isn't as funny. It's not 50% less funny its like 90% less funny. I still watch but haven't seen anything worth sharing in a while. I DGAF about good hands that lose in a home game. That's every home game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom