My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (47 Viewers)

We are in SB, game is 6 handed as two players left and we are waiting for 2 players from the must move

Dealt :as::ac::4c::3h:

Straddle to 20 is on, pro on button makes it 70

We call as do two others

Flop :th::5d::2d:

Checked around

Turn :kc:

Checked to HJ who has a little over 300 behind and pots for 285. Folds to us, we reraise to 600 to push out the player on our left and isolate, agree to go twice

River :5s:
2nd river :7c:

We chop as he has K2xx for two pair that holds on the 2nd board

We call a preflop raise from the button with :as::kh::jc::6s:

Multiway to a Flop

:js::7d::4h:

Checked to button raiser, he bets 25, we call

Turn :5s:

We check, he bets 75. We picked up additional equity and block the straight plus top set, so figure I'm still ahead, I call

River :ah:

We check again, he bets 175? I think for a bit but figure I likely still have the best hand so put in the call. He announces 68 and turns over

AJ86, ooch

$25 double board bomb pot we have :ks::td::8d::3h:

Flop 1 :kd::kc::as:
Flop 2 :jd::9c::5s:

Shorty goes all-in for 80, we reraise to 225 to isolate

He has :kh::8h::3c::2s:

Somehow I get quartered when we both make kings full of 8's but he rivers a pair of 2's on the 2nd board

olkts.jpeg

This was me last month I think:

Supposedly Helmuth also ranted saying "I think I'm gonna burn this fucking place down if I don't win this fucking tournament" but it appears they cut that from the video.

Story here: https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-ne...le-world-series-of-poker-final-table-behavior
He definitely said it. I was watching the PokerGo feed. He clarified he was just kidding because no shit he was, but any other player would have got a penalty. Norman Chad even said right after, "They're taking the wrecking ball to it anyway, maybe you'll do em a favor."

Stuck 900 so far. Double board bomb pot I flop the nuts on an A35 board plus a set of 5's on both boards, plus the 67 redraw

Two other players have 42 and one has top set on 2nd board, I whiff my flush draw too lol

Got quartered in two other ones and haven't scooped a big pot yet, but game is ACTION

Restraddling to 40 preflop regularly

We also got it in pre with a 200 stack holding

:th::tc::9c::8d::8h::3d:

Flop was :ah::4c::6h:

We made the river flush and beat a :9h::7h: but the :kh::qh: was out and we lost that one too.

On my last buyin for today, haven't scooped a single pot yet. If we lose this going to take the 1500 loss and call it a day

We also got it in pre with a 200 stack holding

:th::tc::9c::8d::8h::3d:

Flop was :ah::4c::6h:

We made the river flush and beat a :9h::7h: but the :kh::qh: was out and we lost that one too.

On my last buyin for today, haven't scooped a single pot yet. If we lose this going to take the 1500 loss and call it a day

I get the buying in short paradigm and cutting off larger stack's fold equity, but is that even meaningful / possible in a game such as this? The variance can be of course in your favour with so many cards but this seems like a game that you can just buy-in deep and nut peddle the whole time.

I get the buying in short paradigm and cutting off larger stack's fold equity, but is that even meaningful / possible in a game such as this? The variance can be of course in your favour with so many cards but this seems like a game that you can just buy-in deep and nut peddle the whole time.

These guys are getting it all-in multiway on the regular

Straddles are usually $40, sometimes more. There is no buying in deep as the buyins are 200-1k

With $25 double board bomb pots, straddles to $40 pre and guys repopping to 200-300 you pretty much have to play as coordinated hands as possible and hope for the best

So I was going with triple suited or double suited and connected, etc

Last hand it was straddled to $80, one caller, we rip our last $160 in holding

:ad::qd::qh::jh::7d::4s:

Another player repops it to $500, one caller, an all-in, another cold caller

Flop :9s::8s::8c:

We make a straight to the 8 by the river but another guy makes it to the 9 and the shorty fills up.

Taking it in after 2.5 hours of zero hands won, best I did was chop, got quartered in bomb pots three times

-$1500 on the day

Straddles are usually $40, sometimes more. There is no buying in deep as the buyins are 200-1k

With $25 double board bomb pots, straddles to $40 pre and guys repopping to 200-300 you pretty much have to play as coordinated hands as possible and hope for the best

We make a straight to the 8 by the river but another guy makes it to the 9 and the shorty fills up.

Taking it in after 2.5 hours of zero hands won, best I did was chop, got quartered in bomb pots three times

-$1500 on the day
6 Card PLO just seems like another monster. I assume big edges to be had in the game though?

We are in SB, game is 6 handed as two players left and we are waiting for 2 players from the must move

Dealt :as::ac::4c::3h:

Straddle to 20 is on, pro on button makes it 70

We call as do two others

Flop :th::5d::2d:

Checked around

Turn :kc:

Checked to HJ who has a little over 300 behind and pots for 285. Folds to us, we reraise to 600 to push out the player on our left and isolate, agree to go twice

River :5s:
2nd river :7c:

We chop as he has K2xx for two pair that holds on the 2nd board
Thoughts on not 3-betting the button open here? Is this a line you regularly take with AAsx?

6 Card PLO just seems like another monster. I assume big edges to be had in the game though?

Preflop the equities are going to be close, it's very flop dependent as far as changing the equities

But when these guys are trying to rip stacks pre you just have to play hands more coordinated than they do and hope you flop well

It's far more nutted than 4 card PLO, you're going to regularly see stronger hands at showdown

Thoughts on not 3-betting the button open here? Is this a line you regularly take with AAsx?

We were too deep, if I raise there I'm turning half my hand faceup (given my playstyle) and don't create an SPR conducive to shoving almost any flop

Plus my side cards being 34 is better than having AA92, but they aren't great backup there

I prefer to pull opponents in and see flops when possible deeper stacked

Preflop the equities are going to be close, it's very flop dependent as far as changing the equities

But when these guys are trying to rip stacks pre you just have to play hands more coordinated than they do and hope you flop well

It's far more nutted than 4 card PLO, you're going to regularly see stronger hands at showdown
Makes sense, thanks. Is 6 card PLO regularly running down where you are? I thought Big-O (5 card) was the next degen phase but this crowd wants more!

-$1500 on the day

I'm sure this game is a great palate cleanser from the typical PLO games you grind, but I'm really puzzled by the money being flung around for a game like this (just in general). The blinds, straddles, double board bomb pots, are causing this to spiral way out of control where it just becomes a card catching contest and you either put your money in and pray or find a more sane game to sit down at. Your skill at finding those value spots, extracting equity, or exploiting fold equity is what wins you the day I feel.

Calling this a $5/$5 game is disingenuous when the action and betting is this expensive. This is sounding to me like playing a high limit slot machine and just plugging hundreds / thousands into it until you hit the bonus feature. Except in this case, the feature is you win a few multi-way all-in pots consecutively. Then you're sitting very pretty with a big win, but that can evaporate just as quickly if you decide to continue and your luck turns sour.

I'm sure this game is a great palate cleanser from the typical PLO games you grind, but I'm really puzzled by the money being flung around for a game like this (just in general). The blinds, straddles, double board bomb pots, are causing this to spiral way out of control where it just becomes a card catching contest and you either put your money in and pray or find a more sane game to sit down at. Your skill at finding those value spots, extracting equity, or exploiting fold equity is what wins you the day I feel.

Calling this a $5/$5 game is disingenuous when the action and betting is this expensive. This is sounding to me like playing a high limit slot machine and just plugging hundreds / thousands into it until you hit the bonus feature. Except in this case, the feature is you win a few multi-way all-in pots consecutively. Then you're sitting very pretty with a big win, but that can evaporate just as quickly if you decide to continue and your luck turns sour.

It's certainly going to be swingier than your standard game.

The first week we played it the 2nd table had three to four guys sitting with 5-8k each, which changes the dynamics as players become deeper-stacked

I think that is the goal of the guys who started it. They draw in the crazy gamblers, get to appear crazy themselves, but the goal is to get big stacks in play for stakes that they prefer to play

Is it my preferred style of play? Of course not. But unlimited restraddles are in all the games now except the 2/2 with a $5 rock at the tampa hard rock

When in Rome.......

It's certainly going to be swingier than your standard game.

The first week we played it the 2nd table had three to four guys sitting with 5-8k each, which changes the dynamics as players become deeper-stacked

I think that is the goal of the guys who started it. They draw in the crazy gamblers, get to appear crazy themselves, but the goal is to get big stacks in play for stakes that they prefer to play

Is it my preferred style of play? Of course not. But unlimited restraddles are in all the games now except the 2/2 with a $5 rock at the tampa hard rock

When in Rome.......
I apologize for not combing through the last few pages before this, but how would you say the introduction of these larger more swingy games has impacted your own play & profitability?

I apologize for not combing through the last few pages before this, but how would you say the introduction of these larger more swingy games has impacted your own play & profitability?

Well, I like that the 1/2 PLO with one optional $5 straddle and buyins of $100-500 was changed to a 2/2 with $5 rock and buyins of $200-1k

I thought the introduction of unlimited restraddles to the bigger games at the Hard Rock would get out of control, but overall the games haven't been too crazy

They can be crazy depending on the lineups, but overall not as bad as I expected

The games at TGT/Luckys haven't been as insane as they used to be. Part of that is the Cubans who got banned drove a lot of action, part is that people are in Vegas for the WSOP

I had my best month ever in August, and my worst last month (half my monthly losses were in one day at the 10/10/25 game)

Le sigh, maniac after the rock blind raises to 20, we just call. Guy in blinds repots to 140, maniac calls, we spring the trap and repot

Get it all-in three ways, both of them only run once

Guy went nuts with KK43 and gets bailed out immediately

20211014_194505.jpg

Last edited:
We limp-call a raise to 20 from the SB holding :8h::7h::6s::3c:

Multiway to a flop

:8c::6s::4d:

We pot, only original raiser calls

Turn :5c:

We pot and get it in, agree to go twice

He has :as::ac::7c::4h: and we chop

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom