My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (22 Viewers)

I limp AAQ5 from the BB. Flop AQ5 rainbow

We pot, mr QQ62 calls

Turn 2, we check-call a 100 bet

River King bringing in a backdoor flush. We both check he shows 3446 for the fucking guterball chasing luckbox c*nt motherfucking shit!

I feel like Hellmuth at this point, is this real fucking life??

20210925_233339.jpg

Realizing I was going to devolve into crazy monkey tilt over the monthlong coolers, setups and suckouts (title of my autobiography?) I decided to book the small $400 win instead of snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory
After all that insanity if you are even that’s amazing
I’d book $400 ahead a miracle you weren’t -$4000 loosing

I'll be back at it Monday at Luckys, then going to be playing a 6 card PLO game on Wednesday at Silks.

After that my 16 year wedding anniv. is coming up so will be heading to Orlando with Jenn, and taking the week off after that to get my head clear after this rough month.
Taking a week off seems like a FANTASTIC idea. Enjoy it and by the way congrats on 16 years. I'm 16 years this November. Was hoping to go to Marco Island to celebrate but may have to wait.

At luckys today, only brought three $200 bullets so I don't monkey tilt

Played nlhe while I waited for plo to start and got it in with JJ vs 99 pre. He flops the 9 and rivers quads lol

Fortunately in PLO got it in with :ac::ad::qd::7c: against :kh::qs::jh::ts: and we flush both boards to double

We limp repot :ah::kh::kd::7c: and get it in 3 ways vs AQQ4 and JJ86

We win the first board flopping top set, but a J hits the 2nd flop so we chop up the other guy

Watched a recent highlights video where Doug Polk interviews Mike Matusow of all people and Mike actually said something that resonated with me.

"The victim mentality will put you in the gutter. Winners win and victims cry"

I know this past month I've been ridiculously negative, and I realize that's put a lot of folks off. No one wants to hear someone bemoaning their bad luck over and over.

I'm extremely fortunate to be making a living playing this game and not killing myself putting in 70+ hours each week. I know many folks would love to switch spots with me and have this life.

Mindset is huge in this game, and while I feel I'm still making good decisions, I've allowed the negativity to take hold WAY too much this month. That's not healthy for me, and it's not enjoyable for those who've been following along.

I'm going to right that ship and focus on a winning attitude.

I used to play for a bit of cash on the side and altbough the money was never really important to me in the sense that I was plenty rolled for it, after a periods of downswings or runbad it would really get to me and I really hated the thought of the money I'd lost.

It's definitely easy to get caught up in the negative emotions of it. I'd often take extended breaks to reset my mindset, which obviously isn't ideal for you given its your living, but it might be worth taking a brief break, even if it's a few days or a week.

Last edited:
I used to play for a bit of cash on the side and altbough the money was never really important to me in the sense that I was plenty rolled for it, after a periods of downswings or runbad it would really get to me and I really hated the thought of the money I'd lost.

It's definitely easy to get caught up in the negative emotions of it. I'd often take extended breaks to reset my mindset, which obviously isn't idea for you given its your living, but it might be worth taking a brief break, even if it's a few days or a week.

This weekend is my 16 year wedding anniv so staying out in Orlando with Jenn for the weekend and planning to take next week off to get some exercise and regain some mental fortitude so I can return with a more positive attitude.

This weekend is my 16 year wedding anniv so staying out in Orlando with Jenn for the weekend and planning to take next week off to get some exercise and regain some mental fortitude so I can return with a more positive attitude.
That sounds like a good idea. Exercise and diet is another thing I've found to be vital to mental health. I put a bit of weight on not too long ago, stopped training and ate lots of crap food.

I kept finding that I would wake up really early, was generally feeling more tired and honestly a bit down at times.

Got back into the gym, started eating better and sure enough within a few weeks started sleeping better and feeling much better all round. I think that would be even more important in a job like yours. Feel as good as you can outside of the tables and take that energy with you when you sit down and wipeout all those droolers.

We get lucky on a KK4 flop when our opponent slowplays KK4xxx and we hit the turn

Same opponent gets us later when we flop a set of 2's and he runner-runners Q3 to fill

Ugh, we call a raise on the button with :ac::ks::qh::jd::jc::9c:

Shorty pots, maniac repots for close to 700!!!

We wind up folding the winner in what winds up a massive pot

The maniac had Aces this time. I folded because I only had one suit

I'm actually more impressed at your ability to remember all 6 cards you were holding. If I were in your spot, my report would read...

Ugh, we call a raise on the button with :ac::ks::qx: :jx::jx:x

We wind up folding in what winds up a massive pot. No clue if I would have won.

The maniac had Aces this time. I folded because My only out was a 10, and it would miss or lose to a bigger hand.

#NotAPro, #NotGoodAtPoker

Ugh, we call a raise on the button with :ac::ks::qh::jd::jc::9c:

We wind up folding the winner in what winds up a massive pot

The maniac had Aces this time. I folded because I only had one suit
I don't know how thrilled I am in 6 card getting it in pre with almost any AA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom