My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (52 Viewers)

Geesh. We were away from table, missed blind.

We straddle to 20 to get back in. Multiple callers, I check with :ad::kc::qc::6c:

Flop :qh::8c::4c:

LAG in SB bets 15, two callers, I pot to 175

Guy on my left who got me with JJxx earlier raises to 500. I'm all-in for $390 and we go twice

First board: :8d::as:
Second board: :qs::9h:

I'm expecting I might scoop and turn over my hand. He says "no good" and flips over :6h::4s::4h::3h: lol

Down $2500 on the day, universe is telling me to go home, not going to lose every dollar in my pocket today

Tomorrow is another day
Take that last $500 to the baccarat table…. Run it right back up to even….Problem solved.

He got it in headsup and went once. Said he prefers once, only went twice earlier cause he just sat down and a bunch of players were saying twice

We continue to bleed chips as most pots are $50-70 pre

Maniac on my left is DESTROYING the table

Just busted two guys when he binked an 8 on the river to make a set of 8's

All-in on turn board is QJ69 with two clubs

Maniac has 9887 with 97 clubs

Up against 66xx and QJ9x

He has the only flush draw as well. Hits the 8 to bust both guys

Max in this game is 2500, he has 12k in front of him

yump.gif

We continue to bleed chips as most pots are $50-70 pre

Maniac on my left is DESTROYING the table

Just busted two guys when he binked an 8 on the river to make a set of 8's

All-in on turn board is QJ69 with two clubs

Maniac has 9887 with 97 clubs

Up against 66xx and QJ9x

He has the only flush draw as well. Hits the 8 to bust both guys

Max in this game is 2500, he has 12k in front of him
its only at 2 hour flight from Maryland…….
2DE2352A-BC17-433C-938D-D5A0301F3F99.gif

Almost unstuck on this table

We call a $20 straddle with :kh::qc::jh::8c:

Three ways to a flop :js::ts::9d:

Checked to us, we bet pot, one caller OOP

Turn :ac:

We pot for $225, he calls

River :6c:

He checks, we pot again. He thinks for awhile, talks a lot, eventually calls with his last few hundred

Claims he had bottom straight, a set and a fd as well but doesn't show

Only stuck a few hundo now

We pickup :ac::qc::qs::3h: on the button and limp in. SB maniac with rock raises, four ways to a flop of

:ks::qd::8d:

He bets out, we just call

Turn :tc:

He fires 275, we call

River :8h:

He asks "did that 8 hit you?" and bets $400

Given how great he's been running I just call

He has AJxx for broadway so I snuck away with it and get unstuck

Managed to make $900 today and got out

Maniac on our left was sitting on a stack of $14,000 and showed no signs of slowing

Couple of the other weaker players left after he busted them up and were replaced with more competent opponents

Facing this new lineup with the maniac running insanely hot on my direct left I decided to call it a night out before he made me the next victim

A man willing to call 28 bb's preflop with 2334 is a dangerous opponent lol

Managed to make $900 today and got out

Maniac on our left was sitting on a stack of $14,000 and showed no signs of slowing

Couple of the other weaker players left after he busted them up and were replaced with more competent opponents

Facing this new lineup with the maniac running insanely hot on my direct left I decided to call it a night out before he made me the next victim

A man willing to call 28 bb's preflop with 2334 is a dangerous opponent lol
Don't you ever change seats to get better position?

We pickup :ac::qc::qs::3h: on the button and limp in. SB maniac with rock raises, four ways to a flop of

:ks::qd::8d:

He bets out, we just call

Turn :tc:

He fires 275, we call

River :8h:

He asks "did that 8 hit you?" and bets $400

He has AJxx for broadway so I snuck away with it and get unstuck
This is a leak FWIW

Don't you ever change seats to get better position?

Yes, but the lineup changed with better players all deepstacked and this one maniac, as two weaker players busted and left.

Is that a 43mm $1?! Wtf is going on? My life is in ruins!

$1 is same size as 5, 25 and 100

This is a leak FWIW

Perhaps, but if I raise villain here, what does he call me with that I beat on the paired river?

He's shown a willingness to stack off with draws, but there are no more cards to come, no more possibilities to chase.

Given how he'd been playing (and running) I expected him to either be bluffing the river (so he can't call our raise) or to have us coolered with kings full (or have gotten there with quads given how good he was running)

He had also shown me a hand earlier where he bet a :jc::th::7c: flop, then facing a raise and shove let JTxx go

So he wasn't a complete drooler. I honestly didn't put him on broadway there, since he bet almost everytime and his range was so wide.

He got picked off on a $650 bluff when the board was 3KQJK and he showed down 9876 (his opponent had ATxx and almost folded the paired river)

So just figured he's either not able to call a raise, or I'm getting coolered and taking myself to valuetown if I raise.

By calling at least he has to showdown first as the river aggressor, so I get additional info on him

We limp raise to $150 with :as::ad::qh::3s:

FOUR callers all on stacks of 400-600 each

So $750 in the pot, flop is

:5c::5s::6s:

We rip, three callers.

We go twice. Biggest stack with $390 behind wins with :js::7h::5h::3c:

Wish I could make this up lol, quite the peach of a hand

We have :ad::jh::th::4h: on a flop of :qs::8d::6d:

SB checks, we are next and pot for 30

Two callers on my left

Turn :kc:

I check, guy on my left bets 100 with 200 behind. Folds to me, I rip it and we go twice

First river :kd:
Second river :7s:

He has :qd::8c::5s::2d: and scoops

Just when my table is getting good woth $40 straddles they move me to the main game

Currently stuck 1k, but fortunately mr J753 who won the huge pot earlier is at my table, so def an opportunity to profit

Maniac just moved to my table. Straddles button to 20, few callers, he pots with J874 and then gets paid on an 872 flop (his opponent called from the SB with T972 and had a flush draw too, turn was the case 7 lol)

Straddled pre to $160!

Table nit (not me) folds 876x

Flop 776

But he would've lost. All-in on flop four ways and JJT9 binks the J turn to scoop a monster pot

I think this is bad reasoning.

"Hot streaks" are fallacies - the cards don't care how many previous pots you've won or lost. If anything, a player on a hot streak has a target on his forehead. These players often believe their chances of winning are better because they're running well, and you're more likely to get value when they make lighter calls in these types of spots.

I read your later post that you think he folds all worse hands if you raise your queens full here, but I'm not sure I agree. If the guy really is a maniac on a heater, I think you miss value from just calling. Raise it up, puke and fold if he reraises.

I think this is bad reasoning.

"Hot streaks" are fallacies - the cards don't care how many previous pots you've won or lost. If anything, a player on a hot streak has a target on his forehead. These players often believe their chances of winning are better because they're running well, and you're more likely to get value when they make lighter calls in these types of spots.

I read your later post that you think he folds all worse hands if you raise your queens full here, but I'm not sure I agree. If the guy really is a maniac on a heater, I think you miss value from just calling. Raise it up, puke and fold if he reraises.

This guy showed me he folded top 2 pair earlier facing action

What hands that I beat on that river is he calling my shove with?

Also, update on today. Flop bottom set on a 679 board, turn nfd, but front door flush comes in on river and have to fold

Also flopped top 2 pr on a :td::7d::2s: board Original raiser fires $125, I call and guy behind me calls

Turn :9h:

Original raiser bets 275. I believe I have him beat, I don't think this board connected with his preflop raising range (except the nfd)

But I have mr 3445 behind me who could've binked tgis straightening turn card. I opt to give it up

To the river :8c: and they check it down

It's checked down and raiser has AA92 with nfd which is why he continued firing turn after picking up 2 pr

Other guy has 78xx for a worse two pair and we would have one

Stuck 1100 but game still good. Leaving in about an hour, gonna try to rally

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom