My 1st Ultrasonic Cleaning (1 Viewer)

When your temp starts to drop too much, you can just turn on the transducers for a bit with no chips in. That energy will heat the water.

Thoughts on filtered water? We have two giant pitcher filters that we use for drinking water. Would that work as well as distilled?

I think it largely depends on your tap water. I personally never use distilled water, but we have very clean, low mineral/addative water in my area (they don't even add flouride :rolleyes:).

I've tried distilled and didn't notice any difference. I think that the solution, temp, and agitation method are greater contributors.

Yeah, basically 1 tbsp. of metasilicates per litre of water. I have a 6L unit and I usually fill it to 3L, so 3 tbsp. powder used. I keep temp around 43C. With the 3L water level and a good size salad spinner I can do 40, maybe 50 chips at a time, up to 2+ minutes for filthy (and I mean FILTHY) Paulsons. Most times can get 40 chips done in 60-90 seconds. I don't constantly roll the spinner, I let it sit for 7-8 seconds at a time before doing a half spin, repeated.

Always wear hand and eye protection.

Just did 1100 chips in about 2 hours. I'm a slow guy. Worked great. Did 40 to 41c, 3ish liters water, 2 scoops of lundmark tsp and the spinner. I ran it on 2 minute cycles, letting the chips sit in the Salad spinner for first 15 seconds, then spinning for around 1 minute slowly, then the last 45ish seconds keeps the water hot and moving while I drained and transfered to a rinse bowl, reloaded and hit start again. Shocked at how well the chips came out for such little effort.

Before

20190105_152503.jpg

After

20190105_152537.jpg

20190105_175957.jpg
20190105_180125.jpg
20190105_180042.jpg

Just did 1100 chips in about 2 hours. I'm a slow guy. Worked great. Did 40 to 41c, 3ish liters water, 2 scoops of lundmark tsp and the spinner. I ran it on 2 minute cycles, letting the chips sit in the Salad spinner for first 15 seconds, then spinning for around 1 minute slowly, then the last 45ish seconds keeps the water hot and moving while I drained and transfered to a rinse bowl, reloaded and hit start again. Shocked at how well the chips came out for such little effort.

Awesome. Looks great!

Before

View attachment 233819

After

View attachment 233818

View attachment 233820View attachment 233821View attachment 233822

How did the salad spinner work for you? I had a problem with them falling out into the tank.

The more I look into this cleaning process....the more I want to try it.

If you have ever tried to clean chips by hand the TSP + salad spinner + ultrasonic is pure magic and very fun as well.

Did the rack marks come off in the ultrasonic?
No, had to magic eraser those as others have mentioned. With some scrubbing I was able to get almost all of them completely off, with the exception of rack marks that were cuts/dents in the chips - those indentations are still there on a few chips, but in the way that I'll be the only one that ever notices them. Most of my guys probably won't even realize we're using new chips in our cash game occasionally.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom