Murdering Roulettes (1 Viewer)

ChippinUp

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
I want to look at removing the inlays on these roulette chips. Not 100% sure if they are a good candidate or not based on the recess area. I’ve noticed some of the recesses are slightly worn or less pronounced. I’m not sure if this is normal or from wear as the chips are in good shape and have pretty sharp edges. Does anyone have experience with the same sort of thing I mentioned above? Curious how the recess comes out after removing the inlays?

IMG_0228.png

Here is a RHC chip (the same style of chip as your picture) that has been milled (by @Josh Kifer). Notice how milling the inlay creates a deeper recess than the original chip. I initially had the same thought as you - perhaps I mill out the old label to make room for a new label. Josh suggested that I simply overlay over the old label. That's what I'm planning to do now. No one will be the wiser and you skip a step (and save a few $$$).

He has a RHC chip that has an overlaid label and it looks pretty sweet. Maybe he can share a pic here. Honestly, if he didn't tell me it was an overlay, I wouldn't have known.
rhc_mill.jpg

Here is a RHC chip (the same style of chip as your picture) that has been milled (by @Josh Kifer). Notice how milling the inlay creates a deeper recess than the original chip. I initially had the same thought as you - perhaps I mill out the old label to make room for a new label. Josh suggested that I simply overlay over the old label. That's what I'm planning to do now. No one will be the wiser and you skip a step (and save a few $$$).

He has a RHC chip that has an overlaid label and it looks pretty sweet. Maybe he can share a pic here. Honestly, if he didn't tell me it was an overlay, I wouldn't have known.
View attachment 1297468
Dead on imo

View attachment 1297468

View attachment 1297468
My only concern with an over label was the lack of recessed space on the chip. Thought it may cause spinners or stacking issues if the over label sat above the recess. I tried over labeling 3 chips but the sample size is too small to be sure I think.

When I sat the 3 over labelled chips next to 3 stock chips they did sit dead even.

Did you notice on yours that the recess wasn’t exactly consistent? I’m trying to get a better picture to explain it. I may not be articulating it properly

My only concern with an over label was the lack of recessed space on the chip. Thought it may cause spinners or stacking issues if the over label sat above the recess. I tried over labeling 3 chips but the sample size is too small to be sure I think.

When I sat the 3 over labelled chips next to 3 stock chips they did sit dead even.

Did you notice on yours that the recess wasn’t exactly consistent? I’m trying to get a better picture to explain it. I may not be articulating it properly

I think you're explaining it properly.

I haven't personally overlaid these labels to be sure but the chips Josh showed me looked legit. I don't foresee any issues with spinners, to be honest.

Check out this post. You can see another RHC chip with an overlay. These are with Sticker Mule labels. I think the labels @Gear makes will be thinner (I'm not sure about this, tbh).

This thread goes into greater detail.

Last edited:
I think you're explaining it properly.

I haven't personally overlaid these labels to be sure but the chips Josh showed me looked legit. I don't foresee any issues with spinners, to be honest.

Check out this post. You can see another RHC chip with an overlay. These are with Sticker Mule labels. I think the labels @Gear makes will be thinner (I'm not sure about this, tbh).
I have over labelled 820 RHC so far in this set but these roulettes have some inconsistencies in the recess that is giving me pause. I might just take the risk and order the 200 labels. I have some on hand I could probably test a barrel using spares.

I’m very happy with how the over labels turned out so far, Gear made the process much easier for this newbie however I can see the attraction to a full inlay replacement. The finished product would probably look even better.

I will get a good pic of the inlay on these roulettes

Again these pictures just suck. Will try in better light tomorrow but you can kind of see what I mean here. If you use a thumb nail and follow the recess in a circle when you reach this spot you nail basically moves onto the space in between the recess and edge of the chip since nothing is keeping it in place.

IMG_0238.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom