You can absolutely over-label your chips using Sticker Mule (2 Viewers)

tallsbutler

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I have been wanting to find some alternative ways to over label chips. I think I/we have found it!

TLDR I have over labeled a rack of reasonable condition RHC with labels from sticker mule and have had no issues. No new spinners, no extra wobbling, and no handling issues. I think this is a viable option for folks who want to expedite the overlabeling/chip customizing journey!

I was inspired by this post by @DirtyTIVA to try StickerMule.com as an option for overlabeling RHC chips. Thanks to @Colquhoun for help with the Mirage artwork.

I have wanted to have some more frac options for my mixed Paulson line ups. I have two racks of Bally's Shreveport $1 chips that I haven't known what to do with. They are beautiful chips, with one of the absolute ugliest inlays in existence IMHO.

I ordered 400 "labels" from sticker mule in the sheet format. I paid for expedited shipping. Ordered June 11th, delivered today, June 14th. Heck of a turnaround! I customized the size to 1.09 inches. I feel like they were cut juuuuust a tad smaller. Next time I will order 1.10 inches.

Labels came out to around 27 cents each shipped.

I ordered 400 labels and was shipped 672!! Enough for another rack of chips!

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 1.48.56 PM.png

Labels shipped next day air with the shipping upgrade.
IMG_0083.jpeg

Mirage quarter labels ready for action!
IMG_0084.jpeg

The target chip in question. A pretty chip with an absolutely disgusting inlay.
IMG_0089.jpeg

A couple of chips in... seems like this might work.
IMG_0085.jpeg

A barrel done. Absolutely zero change in stack height. No visible gaps. No spinners. No wobbling. Nice!
IMG_0088.jpeg

IMG_0087.jpeg

Beautiful new rack of quarters relabeled and ready for action!
IMG_0090.jpeg

Splashed pot pr0n!
IMG_0091.jpeg

Some thoughts:
  • The color TONE of the previous inlay can be seen slightly. That actually worked really nicely as it gives my chips a not perfect "white" look that seems more natural. However, I cannot make out any words, shapes, or any detail of the previous inlay. Only a slight amount of the general color tone behind my plain white label.
  • I have not tried doing this on a more worn down RHC. These are probably pretty middle of road condition. I think results would be same or better on mintier chips, and worse the more worn they are. I will be doing some additional testing on other worn chips, but safe to say, the mintier chips the better.

Let's discuss! I think this could be a good solution for the community, so let's keep the discussion rolling!

Many thanks for reading.
JB

Damn...very nice!! I zoomed in and I can't visually see that the label is a tad too small. Is it more apparent in person?
It really isn't too small, just could use the tiny extra margin I think to make applying them a little easier and to account for the random chip with a wonky inlay.

Hit me up if you have questions! Happy to help
Been playing around with a logo for my home game, tell me what you think :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Need to find a set of Paulson's I like first though before I pull the trigger. Guessing the value is gonna take a hit with any new/re-labels?

Attachments

• Dead Money Poker Final Chip Design.png
    Dead Money Poker Final Chip Design.png
    208.8 KB · Views: 157
  • Dead_Money_Poker_V3_Test-removebg-preview (1).png
    Dead_Money_Poker_V3_Test-removebg-preview (1).png
    168 KB · Views: 162
Been playing around with a logo for my home game, tell me what you think :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Need to find a set of Paulson's I like first though before I pull the trigger. Guessing the value is gonna take a hit with any new/re-labels?

This isn't something you should worry about if it's your forever set that you'll never sell.

wow this is beautiful! in my initial search i found so many chips have gaudy / noisy labels even if the edges looked nice, good to know this is an option! I like how your sticker design is both tastefully colourful yet also subtle and minimalist

wow this is beautiful! in my initial search i found so many chips have gaudy / noisy labels even if the edges looked nice, good to know this is an option! I like how your sticker design is both tastefully colourful yet also subtle and minimalist
Thank you!

Nice write up -- Is it easy to peel off as well? Looking to order some fracs.
Super easy so far, but mine have only been on a week. I imagine like any labels you may have more residue the longer they stay on, but time will tell. They seem plenty tacky/sticky to stay on forever, but don’t give me the sense that they’ll leave much residue. Just my impression so far. Hope it helps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom