Movie themed custom set (3 Viewers)

I'd love to have a classic movie monsters themed chip set (Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, Creature From The Black Lagoon, Bride of Frankenstein, The Wolfman, etc)

image-4-bruce-campbell-s-plans-for-the-horror-expendables-e00206f5-6945-49f0-a61b-cedf0b4a027d.jpg

This is an old, old chipco set that has never been available in quantity. I always wanted a playable set.

L

Last edited:

This is an old, old chipco set that has never been available in quantity. I always wanted a playable set.

L

Maybe we can get joe on board with a little GB in time for Halloween.....now would be the time to bring it up. I know would be in for 300-500 pending a few changes. I would want a tourney set change out the orange and blues for $500 and $1000 or vice versa

Maybe we can get joe on board with a little GB in time for Halloween.....now would be the time to bring it up. I know would be in for 300-500 pending a few changes. I would want a tourney set change out the orange and blues for $500 and $1000 or vice versa
That would be cool

^^ I believe the Zombies are still available at Old West Poker Supplies. Just saying... :)

I have a sample set of Zombies, very cool chips.

^^ I believe the Zombies are still available at Old West Poker Supplies. Just saying... :)

for much more than what I paid for them.

The problem was, at the time I designed it, it was only playable for 16 players. Our game expanded to 20 so i sold it.
I know the guy that has them. He is actually playing in my game on the 19th. I think I will reach out to him and gauge his interest. If so, I'd have to sell my CPS chips, or my PCR's.

Just texted the guy to get the break down, and to see if he is interested in selling them to me o_O I have issues............

If he is interested. I'll be selling either the CPS set (don't need to tourney sets) and/or the PCR chips (Samurai Palace aren't going anywhere!!!!!)

Or swap him ;)

I don't think he would be interested in a swap. As far as I know he hasn't hosted in years. He tried to sell them back to me awhile back. I didn't have the loot. I have since improved my poker play, lol.......or just have gotten really lucky :)

L

That's cool. I'd play with those!

big fan of these myself. i posted something on CT at one point looking for whoever had the rights and received the following PM from a member there:

Deep Throat said:
Last year I purchased a set off eBay member: jllawyer

She told me that it was her father in law who had designed the chips as a collectors set. 1000 each.

fwiw i would be in for 1000 if we did something a little better with the rolling edges. i'm fine with the traditional chipco-like "spot" thing, but need better colors than the originals.

EDIT: see below for old spots:

bOslL6o.jpg

actually on looking again i'm cool with all of them except the yellow being in both the $1s and $5s. perhaps change the $5s to red/black/white or the $1s to white/black.

i think the $10 should be redone as a frac and a $500 and the orange as a $1k. also i think you could mess with the spot colors on the hundo a bit.

I'm not into classic horror, either, so the art on that Chipco set doesn't appeal - but the color patterning is kind of interest.

The rolling edges, however, clash horribly, style-wise. I'd advocate for completely reworking them. Need softer transition, not hard lines - it's really jarring, next to the face art.

If you put an edge-only stack photo next to a face photo, you'd think they're from completely different sets.

Yeah, me either. I've never understood the popularity of these chips with some folks. They just don't pique my interest at all.
I'm not into classic horror, either, so the art on that Chipco set doesn't appeal - but the color patterning is kind of interest.

The rolling edges, however, clash horribly, style-wise. I'd advocate for completely reworking them. Need softer transition, not hard lines - it's really jarring, next to the face art.

If you put an edge-only stack photo next to a face photo, you'd think they're from completely different sets.

If it was more "modern" horror than I could probably get into it a little more. Like the zombie set I posted that has "darker" type feel to it.

Star Trek. Granted, originally a tv series but then spun into movies. Original cast, of course.

That's why you're selling CPS! That's was my thought when I saw your ad!

I have issues...........

I originally sold this set about 5 years ago. I've wanted to re-acquire it, and finally did. The dude that bought it from me plays at my house a few times a year. He is coming out for my game on the 19th. I'll have it then. Also ordering an add on to it from one of our sponsors, lol...........damn chip flu

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom