Movie themed custom set (1 Viewer)

Midnight Madness chips

Each team was red, blue, green, yellow, and white..... perfect for $5's, $100's, $25's , 25 cents, and $1's, Make Leon the game master (who wears gray) the $500's and his helpers (Candy and Sunshine) Orange at the $1k's :)

View attachment 12420
I love midnight madness but would never consider making a custom chip set of it. Forget the $500s, Leon has to be the dealer button ;)

Man, it'd be tough to limit a set to one movie yet hard to integrate denoms representing various favs. At least it'd be nice to do a Fargo tourney set with woodchipper bounty chip.

How about an Indiana jones trilogy set.
With a progression of idols for the denoms.
The first idol that triggers the ball,
The tip of the staff to find the ark
The stones from the temple of doom
The ark
The holy grail.

Just a rough IdeA but it could be another cool set.

I've often contemplated doing a superhero themed set. Was going to do Marvel one side, and DC other side. The problem was that DC is great with coming up with Symbols for each hero, Marvel, not so much.

I've had a TMNT set in the works for a long time. Even got permission from Kevin Eastman to do it, so long as it wasn't for retail or profit.

Toyed with the idea for a Jay and Silent Bob theme, but nothing ever really came of it.

Star Wars is also a one day I'd consider it, but the above are closer to reality, so haven't pondered it enough.

Mike

The Fifth Element: fire, water, earth, air..... and LeeLoo. :cool:

stones_all_01.jpg

fifth1.jpg

Reverse side depicts some of the more memorable characters: Zorg, Akar, Diva, Ruby Rhod, etc.

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi854720793/

How about an Indiana jones trilogy set.
With a progression of idols for the denoms.
The first idol that triggers the ball,
The tip of the staff to find the ark
The stones from the temple of doom
The ark
The holy grail.

Just a rough IdeA but it could be another cool set.

You forgot the crystal skull... (yeah, maybe you didn't forget...:oops:)

Back to the Jaws idea
image.jpg
This image as the inlay (or a variation so it's not to much, but that basic design)
With Amity Island Club as the set name and "Shark Teeth" as the spot design

Pulp Fiction

25¢ - Mia
$1 - Vince & Jules
$5 - Butch
$20 - Marsellus
$100 - The Wolf - or the Gimp :D

FIrst thing I thought of regarding movie themes.

The second was a Godfather theme:
Characters: Sonny, Michael, Vito, Hagan, etc
or
Quotes: "an offer he couldn't refuse" "swims with the fishes" "leave the gun, take the cannoli"

L

I'd love to have a classic movie monsters themed chip set (Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, Creature From The Black Lagoon, Bride of Frankenstein, The Wolfman, etc)

image-4-bruce-campbell-s-plans-for-the-horror-expendables-e00206f5-6945-49f0-a61b-cedf0b4a027d.jpg

I've been meaning to post this exact thing (without the cool image though). I'm more into the zombie genre (and was before it was a thing). I think this could be a really cool set.

not to sidetrack things. I was reading that their (can't remember the company) going to start up a monster movie universe and go about it similar to how Marvel has been handled.

Probably do:

White $1 Chips - Invisible Man
Red $5 Chips - Dracula (red for blood)
Green $25 Chips - Frankenstein (he's green)
Black $100 Chips - Creature From The Black Lagoon (his lagoon is black)
Purple $500 Chips - Bride of Frankenstein (I've seen depictions of her with a purplish hue)
Yellow 1K Chips - Wolfman (yellow represents the full moon)
Grey 5K Chips - The Mummy (grey represents the weathered and discolored wrappings)

I've been meaning to post this exact thing (without the cool image though). I'm more into the zombie genre (and was before it was a thing). I think this could be a really cool set.

not to sidetrack things. I was reading that their (can't remember the company) going to start up a monster movie universe and go about it similar to how Marvel has been handled.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I am thinking about doing 'The Oriental Saloon' hot stamps once I finish the other sets I am currently working on.

I would do a Star Wars theme (with Jar Jar, JUST KIDDING), and/or Superhero.. DC/and Marvel, I would have to use My favorite characters not a group though..

Or Godzilla and his foes..

I'd love to have a classic movie monsters themed chip set (Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, Creature From The Black Lagoon, Bride of Frankenstein, The Wolfman, etc)

image-4-bruce-campbell-s-plans-for-the-horror-expendables-e00206f5-6945-49f0-a61b-cedf0b4a027d.jpg

Yeah that'd be cool. I have toyed with the idea of a 'Monster stakes' set

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom