Motswari Lodge - cash set - sample set ordering time (1 Viewer)

Any thoughts on whether any of these are a better option than before.
Current version
F04768CA-F688-4290-A805-8945EDECCF00.jpeg

Other options
1A840003-4658-4C42-B3C0-A7C3FBE9C221.jpeg

3DD45A9D-863F-435C-9E6B-1C2A14497A22.jpeg

8D347CE0-4602-4C4B-8EA4-B8DCD09A2319.jpeg

Current version rocks! IMO (y) :thumbsup:
If this was me I would think about switching colors between $5 and 25c, but I don’t know really ;)
Great set!

The confusion potential is much more between the $5 and the $100.

$20 is grayscale and has broad 1/2" spots all around, helping distinguishability.
The $5 on the other hand has a fairly similar hue and fairly similar thin edge spots.

We've been discussing this, and in the end the $100 will be on the table so rarely that it's likely a non-issue.

I’m too much of a left-brained person for this process.

Driving myself and everyone else crazy.

I guess I'm confused, are you dropping the zebra black/white chip as the $100 and making the $500 as the $100.

My concern was the grey/white 6 stripe elephant chip and the black/white zebra chip.

I guess I'm confused, are you dropping the zebra black/white chip as the $100 and making the $500 as the $100.

My concern was the grey/white 6 stripe elephant chip and the black/white zebra chip.
Yeah I wasn’t clear about that. I was going to drop the zebra totally and the leopard will be the $100. I just haven’t had the labels changed because I’m not sure yet.

IMO don’t drop the zebra hundo. It was the best chip in the line up and fit with your Cali colour scheme

Add the leopard as a 5c chip....it will get just as much felt time as the $500

Reactions: Nex
I thought you already ordered?? If you haven't yet, you sure ought to take sample orders ;)

Oh nevermind my post doesn't make any sense. I was thinking in my head that you need both leopard and lion

I’m ordering a bunch of extras, so I’ll sort the samples out later I think. Unsure of how I’m going to ship it all just yet so it’s hard to price it.

I did put an order in, but via bank transfer so it will probably not have arrived yet. I guess I’ve got a bit more panic time in the design tool before it’s too late . To be honest I’ll be happy with any of the outcomes, I’m just nitpicking now because there isn’t a clear winner. I’m probsbly worrying about the $100 more than I need to. I’ll probably never use it anyway.
6C4A7F84-B9FC-4E36-A03D-DF9CC53257CA.jpeg

AC1274FD-D259-4C66-AA96-C2BFA1C25A82.jpeg

And no elephant with leopard $100
B3378120-69A0-4809-8750-A2660FA33B4D.jpeg

Last edited:
Don’t worry, whatever You will choose (or have chosen already) will end up great, I just can’t see why it shouldn’t (y) :thumbsup:
Any variation in the design presented in this thread is great and certainly would make You happy (I would be happy in You place for sure! :))

I’m such a smartass, because that’s not my chips at stake, we’ll see how I will be freaking out designing my customs :LOL: :laugh:

Well what does help me a great deal is total freedom with timing and privacy while I work.

No feeling pressured to wrap things up finally because the designer is waiting for his pay.

No pressure to keep working on it at all times and instead being able to just let it sit for a few weeks, without being bombarded by forum members' change suggestions. (Not only to realize what style you like best, but also to realize if you really want to pursue the idea further or scrap it and do something new instead)

No pressure to have the design final by a set date, and hence more flexibility with money, to allow for more freedom experimenting with spots.

Only works though if you are able to design your inlays yourself.

Well what does help me a great deal is total freedom with timing and privacy while I work.

No feeling pressured to wrap things up finally because the designer is waiting for his pay.

No pressure to keep working on it at all times and instead being able to just let it sit for a few weeks, without being bombarded by forum members' change suggestions. (Not only to realize what style you like best, but also to realize if you really want to pursue the idea further or scrap it and do something new instead)

No pressure to have the design final by a set date, and hence more flexibility with money, to allow for more freedom experimenting with spots.

Only works though if you are able to design your inlays yourself.
That sounds like a lot of time waiting without a new set

I’ve never been the slow moving type, typically I like to make decisions quickly so I can’t stew on it for too long, as I’m doing now.

I still think this is the best. The zebra is just a perfect chip for this theme, IMO.

View attachment 173579

Mel and I have both said this repeatedly. This is a clear number one imo. The The frac clearly represents chameleon and the Zebra chip is a must. If you want to gamble on the reshipping PM me. I'll gladly handle that and up to 10 samples for you.

upload_2018-5-13_7-37-23.jpeg

This $20 looks great too. Adding the pink spot is a great option with the “double white tusks” spot, really cool!

I don't like the change to the 3143DS18 spot, and neither the pink.

Reasoning behind my original gray/charcoal/white 3123DS18 suggestion was this: three overlapped repeats of two large ears (the 1/2" spots) with two thin tusks (1/8") between them - resembling an elephant pretty nearly. 1/4" spots for the ears just don't cut it, they are too small, and the pink has no connection to the actual animal.

it’s real tough to fit the elephant and zebra in the same lineup without adding the pink spot, which isn’t an actual elephant colour.

I find the same issue when I switch the leopard in for the elephant, because it’s too similar to the giraffe.

Anyone got any brown base chip ideas?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom