More chips stolen by USPS (1 Viewer)

My brother works for USPS call center and there is theft from employees and more so packages that were “never delivered” meaning buyer said they didn’t receive goods when they did. It’s a crazy world we live in but it’s not always the employees either. Just keeping it real

I agree; not just hating on USPS but dishonest, cheap stealing monsters in general.

Here’s a nice story, I just got a package from ABC gifts and awards 3 days early from USPS. You win some and you lose some, literally.

Mine is still coming Tuesday. I need my Paul Bunyan chips now! But, yes, I think that we overlook the good because we expect packages will be delivered and when they are it's "what was supposed to happen"

Not USPS but Royal Mail... not chips but a heads-up: small package that originally contained disposable masks ended up being delivered with a crosswords puzzle book instead. :mad:

If for no other reason, use UPS so you can track the shipments.

Beyond that, I just have more confidence in people hired by a business to perform their jobs to the best of their ability, than I do government employees. There's just more incentive on the commercial side of things.

meh. UPS could have theft too. I ordered an iPhone 11 Pro in March that never escaped from a UPS dc.

If for no other reason, use UPS so you can track the shipments.
Beyond that, I just have more confidence in people hired by a business to perform their jobs to the best of their ability, than I do government employees.

- Most USPS services these days include tracking.

- USPS workers are not government employees. They work for the USPS, which must follow rules established by Congress. But they also are unionized, with union rights that federal workers are not allowed.

There's just more incentive on the commercial side of things.

This retired Army major and GS-15 civilian says "Bullshit".

Last edited:
I shipped a package last year form VA to TX. Paid for tracking and insurance. Item was trackable to TX then to NJ then out for local delivery and then delivered in NJ. Clearly something was screwed up somewhere. USPS wouldn't even engage with me as they said 'the item was delivered per tracking.'

When I finally went to the local central post office to complain they insisted I produce the original receipt for the item to show the 'insured value was accurate to the price I had insured it for.'

I sent the guy back his 50 bucks and went on with my life.

Motherfucking assholes
I finally made the call (got tied up on Friday, decided to wait until a business day, so I could actually speak with a person)
I'm on hold. It says wait time is over an hour. While I'm on hold, I tried opening a claim online. Of course I had to go through the rigamarole of opening an account on usps.com. Then when I try to open a claim, it says I can't open a claim because there was no insurance on the package.
Okay, if that's your policy, fuck you, but don't you want a report on this, so you can find out that one of your employees is stealing stuff? And obviously from cool looking packages that have the shipping rate printed on them, so they know there's no insurance on it, so no claim will be created?
What a system.
I'm staying on hold until I get to talk to somebody.

It took an hour and a half on hold and the first lady agreed to transfer me to the fraud division (who picked right up, incidentally) and they're opening an investigation. So it doesn't seem like I'll see any money out of this, but as long as they're taking it seriously, I'm not outraged.

It took an hour and a half on hold and the first lady agreed to transfer me to the fraud division (who picked right up, incidentally) and they're opening an investigation. So it doesn't seem like I'll see any money out of this, but as long as they're taking it seriously, I'm not outraged.
You have to be patient my brother says and their investigation process is shit. You have to be relentless when asking for a refund. If you’re persistent enough they’ll just pay you to make you go away, but it’s a pain in the ass.

Motherfucking assholes
I finally made the call (got tied up on Friday, decided to wait until a business day, so I could actually speak with a person)
I'm on hold. It says wait time is over an hour. While I'm on hold, I tried opening a claim online. Of course I had to go through the rigamarole of opening an account on usps.com. Then when I try to open a claim, it says I can't open a claim because there was no insurance on the package.
Okay, if that's your policy, fuck you, but don't you want a report on this, so you can find out that one of your employees is stealing stuff? And obviously from cool looking packages that have the shipping rate printed on them, so they know there's no insurance on it, so no claim will be created?
What a system.

It used to be worse, when the only the insured packages had an extra paper labels attached to them externally. It was like a sign to thieves “this is a valuable one, they insured it”

Guys, guys, big misunderstanding. It was just a machine malfunction that somehow opened the package and the contents fell out. The local branch just called - they had some poker chips laying around, and based on the report I filed yesterday, they figured they must be mine. They're bringing them to me now.
I shit you not.

Guys, guys, big misunderstanding. It was just a machine malfunction that somehow opened the package and the contents fell out. The local branch just called - they had some poker chips laying around, and based on the report I filed yesterday, they figured they must be mine. They're bringing them to me now.
I shit you not.
Its amazing how stuff gets miraculously "found" as soon as one gets the fraud department or law enforcement involved. I'm glad that its looking likely that you'll get your stuff in the end :)

It’s like a miracle
CB7140AA-88EF-41EF-8A10-4F5550323719.jpeg

I shit you not.
Machine malfunction that opens packages? WTF? That just sounds like utter bullshit. Glad you got your chips though.

Just one more reason to always create a single bundle of product inside the shipping container (regardless if box or envelope), and have some contact info attached to it (either shipper or receiver, or both).

It's much harder to 'lose' the contents of a package when it's a single -- and identified -- entity and not a bunch of loose stuff rolling around all over the floor.

Motherfucking assholes
What a system.
Yep no insurance no claim no matter how ridiculous it is. Even without the shipping rate explicitly noted they note if the package is insured (and thus if it’s not insured). I get their limitations but it’s still frustrating they don’t have a process to report theft even if it’s not covered.

I shit you not.
How were they packaged? Happens if it’s a single chip in an envelope and not properly postaged A LOT.

taped up in a bundle as pictured above
Sorry was referring o the packaging but forgot it was in the OP

1590599933264.png

If it was repackaged (looks like a possibility) then I could see it happening. Those paper mailers once they get worn don’t take adhesive nearly as well as the plastic mailers. Glad you got your chips back:tup:

Glad you got the chips which means it wasn’t theft from USPS employees because if they stole it it’s not popping up outta nowhere. Good outcome here

Glad you got the chips which means it wasn’t theft from USPS employees because if they stole it it’s not popping up outta nowhere. Good outcome here
So what do you think happened? The mailer burst open, with a nice clean cut and the contents fell to the floor, but nobody noticed? So then somebody later noticed the package was open, but instead of sending it along with a damaged label, they decided to tape it back up and send it along as if nothing happened?

So what do you think happened? The mailer burst open, with a nice clean cut and the contents fell to the floor, but nobody noticed? So then somebody later noticed the package was open, but instead of sending it along with a damaged label, they decided to tape it back up and send it along as if nothing happened?
Potentially, I wasn’t there obviously but they have like a lost and found area where packages get opened through poor packaging and they don’t know the owner of the contents or who it should go to fill they open a case. When the employees steal they steal on route (mainly) and you won’t see contents again, if it happens while they are sorting it would be something they can hide in their person obviously. So luckily this appeared to have opened up without anyone noticing. Glad you got them back that’s the good thing

Potentially, I wasn’t there obviously but they have like a lost and found area where packages get opened through poor packaging and they don’t know the owner of the contents or who it should go to fill they open a case. When the employees steal they steal on route (mainly) and you won’t see contents again, if it happens while they are sorting it would be something they can hide in their person obviously. So luckily this appeared to have opened up without anyone noticing. Glad you got them back that’s the good thing

Or.....

Somebody at the USPS intentionally opened the package and stole the chips, and once the investigation was opened and the local USPS was called, the Postmaster said to all employees, "if you know anything about this, return the items anonymously and no questions will be asked" and the chips magically appeared so the investigation would come to a halt and be closed.

Just spitballin' here...

Or.....

Somebody at the USPS intentionally opened the package and stole the chips, and once the investigation was opened and the local USPS was called, the Postmaster said to all employees, "if you know anything about this, return the items anonymously and no questions will be asked" and the chips magically appeared so the investigation would come to a halt and be closed.

Just spitballin' here...
That's one possibility. There are plenty of possibilities. But what I can't think of is a single plausible explanation for how the package got re-taped. Except malfeasance, of course.

Pretty crafty on the part of the thief to re-seal and send the package on its way so it doesn't present as evidence in the trash near a workstation, car, home trash...

Glad you got your chips!

It happened twice when I sent samples to US members :

20200402_162452~2.jpg

C1A2AB71-FF75-4A92-9673-7C94EDBBD91B~2.jpeg

20200402_162444~2.jpg

What is fun is that my sample was 10c - 50c - €1 and in both cases, the 10c and 50c were stolen.

Kid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom