Modern and high quality chips. ARIA/Monte Carlo replica. (2 Viewers)

corycc

Reaction score
Would love a set similar to Monte Carlos or Aria chips. Similar, but something that makes it "mine". Some basic info.. it's for a 1/2 game. I would need 1, 5, 25, 100 denominations.

Willing to pay a fair price. I'm willing to look at your designs, buy samples, etc.

I'm very new to this forum, but I'm here for a very simple reason. To buy a set of poker chips that matches the quality and tier of my bbo table.

Also, how would I go about doing business on here without getting jipped or scammed, thank you.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sure it will be repeated over and over again but your quality and options as far as custom chips go will depend entirely on your budget. The options range from Chinese ceramics that can cost as low as 30-40 cents per chip (before design costs for customs obviously) or as much as cpc customs which depending on spot patterns and mold can cost upwards of 4-5 dollars per chip. Paulson label replacement customs can sometimes come in more or less than cpc chips. You let the forum know your budget and I can promise you that they will point you in the direction of your best option for your budget.

As for not being scammed? Your best bet is to look for people with the most feedback, most posts, etc. Avoid buying from people with low or negative feedback or posts till you get to know them.

You can always try
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...textured-no-mold-01-2024.113140/#post-2329872
See if you like any of the available designs or get someone to design you something and order there.
If you don’t wanna wait about 2 months you can take the custom design to BRPro or CPC for ceramics, usually takes 3/4 weeks. If you wanna wait even less put up a wanted add and hope someone has what you want.
Good luck!

My best advice to you... Take your time to explore your options, to watch how various sales here go down and at what cost chips that you like sell for, and to make a few relationships with other PCF members.

I was in a similar boat to you a few years ago when I joined up here. I thought I knew what I wanted. I was wrong. I thought I knew what my budget was. I was also wrong. I saw chips I liked sell for X price. Then I saw other chips I liked that looked nearly equivalent sell for 3-4X price. Or even 10X! I thought "What the hell!" If you have no familiarity with various types of chips coming in, this can all be very confusing. So take some time and get an education. And get to know a few of the active members here. Maybe even look for a few that are close enough to you geographically to meet in person and even play poker with.

A lot of us came here for one or two sets of chips, but then stayed and became true collectors. But the main reason many of us stay is the people and the relationships. PCF can be a real community for those who put in the time and effort. I can literally say that this place is an enormous part of my life now. That would have seemed really odd to me 4 years ago.

Howdy. Nice to see another Gwinnett County representative here.

I would echo the above posts. This place is kind of addicting. All my transactions so far have been on the up and up. I think. But there definitely are some sales posts that are clear rip offs.

If you’re in a hurry for a set for an amazing price, this place might not be ideal. You might get lucky and score something on the cheap side, but it’s probably best to take your time, learn the intricacies, and see what your preferences are.

Quick overview.
Plastics - super cheap and not really mentioned here.
Tina Chinese ceramic - affordable, customizable, may take some time for customs.
Anita Chinese ceramic - similar to Tina.
Ceramic - little bit more expensive, supposedly better quality, customizable options, from companies like brpro.

Clay chips - there are many different types of these. Paulson seems to be the most desired. Cpc is another. I cant recall off the top what the others are. But these can range from affordable to unaffordable depending on condition, color, availability, etc.

Hope this points you in the right direction. Good luck.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/new-members-start-here.85303/

This is a thread put together by Machine, and, is a good place to start to answer some questions you may not know you have.

Welcome to the forum.

Before you buy, get samples. Many here decided buying samples were just a drain on funds that could be used for a purchase only to later realize that we spent more money on chips that weren't right for us. Get samples.

The search bar is another great tool here in this forum.

Good luck

Last edited:
My best advice to you... Take your time to explore your options, to watch how various sales here go down and at what cost chips that you like sell for, and to make a few relationships with other PCF members.

I was in a similar boat to you a few years ago when I joined up here. I thought I knew what I wanted. I was wrong. I thought I knew what my budget was. I was also wrong. I saw chips I liked sell for X price. Then I saw other chips I liked that looked nearly equivalent sell for 3-4X price. Or even 10X! I thought "What the hell!" If you have no familiarity with various types of chips coming in, this can all be very confusing. So take some time and get an education. And get to know a few of the active members here. Maybe even look for a few that are close enough to you geographically to meet in person and even play poker with.

A lot of us came here for one or two sets of chips, but then stayed and became true collectors. But the main reason many of us stay is the people and the relationships. PCF can be a real community for those who put in the time and effort. I can literally say that this place is an enormous part of my life now. That would have seemed really odd to me 4 years ago.
This is the truth right here. I started lurking here around 2019 and made my account about 9 months after in early 2020. I would say it took me 1-1.5yrs to get my full understanding of how business is handled here. You’re also so very correct about how you think you know what you want and what your budget is, but you’re gonna be wrong if you stay here long enough. Started out thinking I wouldn’t spend more than $1 a chip and I only wanted paulsons. Wrong on both.

Also, welcome @corycc! As a new member I would always get some sample sets so you can feel and see the chips.

Welcome to PCF

This is the sample dance. Do it.

dancing GIF by AFV Babies

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom