Mock-up Bright Color Set (1 Viewer)

Buge

Flush
Reaction score
I am looking to make a bright custom set. Just wanting to get some thoughts on color scheme. Not really sold on the $100. Open to ideas. Thanks
Breakdown:
Blue - $1
DG Tiger - $5
Blurple - $25
Charcoal - $100
E1FE79C9-BBEE-4333-B97B-A3D018BF89B1.png
228C372B-E4D2-468B-A73B-23CD13344295.png
5E8ECE2C-DD8D-40FD-8FB0-D86494D013B8.png
F055DF16-8466-41E7-AD4A-FF5C60F39D57.png

Imperial Blue should be in every set. The Dark blue is a bit too dark against the Charcoal base IMO, especially for a bright set.

how about one of these ad the hundo

654FFF8C-0BA2-4E75-8C3E-BC59D954427B.png
D79071F5-12A2-4C43-87E2-4E2FB7E3A676.png

I think a lot of this is going to depend on what you mean by 'bright'. I've run into this a lot with people when I'm getting something painted on commission.

Brightness means basically how much light they reflect. I'll say, what's strange is you aren't using white at all in that case.

The Charcoal is always going to struggle with that. As is the Blurple. If you have a sample set you can see that while it's a very saturated color, it doesn't 'glow' like it does on the design tool.

Do you maybe mean vivid instead of bright? This would capture brightness, intensity, colorful, contrast.

Not mine originally, but I've often found this to be a really vivid chip for example.

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 8.41.59 AM.png

I think a lot of this is going to depend on what you mean by 'bright'. I've run into this a lot with people when I'm getting something painted on commission.

Brightness means basically how much light they reflect. I'll say, what's strange is you aren't using white at all in that case.

The Charcoal is always going to struggle with that. As is the Blurple. If you have a sample set you can see that while it's a very saturated color, it doesn't 'glow' like it does on the design tool.

Do you maybe mean vivid instead of bright? This would capture brightness, intensity, colorful, contrast.

Not mine originally, but I've often found this to be a really vivid chip for example.

View attachment 696476

I think in this context people often mean vivid or colorful (saturated) when they say “bright”.

These colors go very well together. I am using very similar colors on my $5 (Arc, DG Yellow, Tiger, Retro Red)

@madforpancakes did a great job on this chip.

01EBBB6C-E6F3-495B-B3BB-E7DC788EEB87.png

Last edited:

View attachment 696476
Thank you for the input. Yes, vivid would make more sense for what I am looking for. The charcoal can definitely be replaced with a bright white chip.

Thank you for the input. Yes, vivid would make more sense for what I am looking for. The charcoal can definitely be replaced with a bright white chip.

Charcoal can be vivid, but you need some poppy spots then.

@cpac54 killed it with his Charcoal $20.

fullsizeoutput_1b4d.jpeg

Some options for you with Peach and Lt Blue and Imperial Blue...

lineup-3.png

lineup-2.png

The light blue with the peach really look good. Not sure why I’m even designing $100s since I haven’t put any into play yet :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: That’s really cool whatever software you are using to design the chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom