Tourney Minimal rebuy stack, effects? (1 Viewer)

I'll give you that. Some playing TDs don't walk the room. I certainly dont. Therefore I think it's best to just plan for the worst. If that means pulling 2 extra barrels off during color-ups, so be it. That's why I have racks.

Whoaaa. Do you not have same problem with people asking for stack counts during a hand? Any all-in and invariably the “how much is it” comes from someone hollywooding his missed flush. Even without an actual all in, plenty of “just to see how much they have behind” requests of stack counts, and every now and then someone will actually count it out. These counts can be excruciating to witness when low denoms avg 12 per player, I can’t imagine with 20+ average.
That's a fair point and something that may need addressing in future tournaments. I initially wanted to go with 12/x/x/x but that was a sharp drop in small chips for what my group is used to, and as I've mentioned elsewhere they are chronic limpers so I compromised with 16/x/x/x.

I'd like to go to 12/x/x/x and even 8/x/x/x when the number of players requires it, but but I feel like I'd be having to coach players (who all have more experience than me and should know better) that they don't have to play every hand.

As for counting pots and stacks, it seems easy enough with base T25 and tbf there's only me who seems to bother. Maybe one of the reasons, along with not trying to play and win every single hand, that I've won 4 of the last 5 tournaments (since I started coming to places like this and trying to learn). :whistle: :whistling::D

How can racing off chips possibly take less time than rounding up?
Because of sarcasm :)

Regarding color-ups, I don't know if it's just me, but the color-up process became so much more convenient when i bought my bird cages with racks. Bringing racks to the tables and blindly filling them up knowing there's 20 in a barrel and then just counting the rest is so much easier than when I had the standard cases. Even when players had prepared stacks of 20, I still needed to check that there actually were 20/stack. No more :)

I round up by the way, because it's slower and I like long breaks ;)

I feel like I'd be having to coach players (who all have more experience than me and should know better) that they don't have to play every hand.
I've won 4 of the last 5 tournaments
Perhaps you should think twice about coaching them, then! ;-)

I initially wanted to go with 12/x/x/x but that was a sharp drop in small chips for what my group is used to, and as I've mentioned elsewhere they are chronic limpers so I compromised with 16/x/x/x.
This is the same reason I have 16/x/x/x starting stacks on occasion. Limpers gonna limp until the blinds get too big. It gives everyone a solid hour of "play-time" before the real play begins.

There is nothing wrong with catering to your players.

I initially wanted to go with 12/x/x/x but that was a sharp drop in small chips for what my group is used to, and as I've mentioned elsewhere they are chronic limpers so I compromised with 16/x/x/x.
This is the same reason I have 16/x/x/x starting stacks on occasion. Limpers gonna limp until the blinds get too big. It gives everyone a solid hour of "play-time" before the real play begins.
For T10k my starting stacks are 20/20/15 and for T20k they are 20/20/5/15, my chip set allows this up to 25 players. I know, I know, the consensus is that this is too much and causes all sorts of problems, but...but...but...MOARer chips and taller stacks!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom