Measurement of 40mm justin rack? (1 Viewer)

BigSlickTux

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hey all, I’m looking for someone that can measure the inside length (barrel length) of Justin’s 40mm racks with a caliper. Preferably in millimeters. I’m trying to determine if they will fit my chips snuggly. I do not want much wiggle room. I want as close to a perfect fit of 20 per barrel. My current stack of 20 measures 66.46mm. Thank you in advance.

ummmm maybe PM @justin directly?
I did and I also assume he is very busy fulfilling many orders. He responded that they will fit. The OCD in me wants an exact measurement. I’m sure someone has done this already and knows…or is willing to do it real quick.

I made some caliper measurements for CPC chips in the Justin racks a while back.
Basically, my CPC barrels vary from 67.15mm to 68.2mm.

The sizes and my opinions:
67.15mm barrel fit beautifully. They dropped in and the cover fit easily. No wiggling.
67.5mm barrel is VERY snug. Had to push it slightly to fit in and the cover is tight.
67.7mm barrel fit, but had to push it down more than I prefer. While it technically fit, I'm not comfortable with it.
68.2mm is just too wide. It can be forced in, but I'm afraid of cracking the rack. Cover will not close, even when I wasable to get them in the bottom section.

I just did some jockeying around with various other chips to get a barrel to 66.40, and it fits nicely in the rack. A small amount of space at the end, but still feels secure.
They do rock very slightly without the cover on, but once the cover is on, they hardly move at all.

Last edited:
I just did some jockeying around with various other chips to get a barrel to 66.40, and it fits nicely in the rack. A small amount of space at the end, but still feels secure.
Sounds good. That is what I’m looking for. Thanks again!

Got my calipers out, tried to measure as parallel to the barrel length of the inner space as possible (so I’m adding as little diagonal length as possible). There are a pair of grooves inside, and if I measured from groove to groove I’m getting ~67.2mm. If I’m measuring from flat surface to flat surface, I’m getting ~67.6mm.

Got my calipers out, tried to measure as parallel to the barrel length of the inner space as possible (so I’m adding as little diagonal length as possible). There are a pair of grooves inside, and if I measured from groove to groove I’m getting ~67.2mm. If I’m measuring from flat surface to flat surface, I’m getting ~67.6mm.
I appreciate the scientific method. Thank you for this measurement.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom