MD Mike - Been away since 2019 but have returned (1 Viewer)

MD Mike

Full House
Reaction score
Just checking in. Everything is well. I live in York PA now (so you might want to update that members map). Dad passed in May of this year, but not to COVID. He was 75. Evelyn, my baby girl is 2.6 years old and doing great.

Haven't played much of any poker and still have a bunch of sets, though I got rid of all my Paulson chips.

Sets I still do have (roughly):
1400-1500 BCC InPlay chips (all but the $2 denom)
About 1000 BCC Fan of Cards (all denoms)
600+ of the Atlantic Club Hotstamp OG group buy (my 100s are dark gray, my 1000s are orange, and my 5000s are yellow)
Almost 600 of the PCF GPI BCC Promo Tourney Set - the really light chips with the 3 white edgespots and oversized inlay

I really trimmed down before I disappeared but everything I do have is still around. Nothing for sale right now.

I see a lot of ceramic group buys going on and Sun-Fly group buys. I don't have a single ceramic chip anymore. Sort of miss those.

How is everyone else doing?

Welcome back! Looks like you still have a decent amount of chips. Definitely check out the cards mold chips if you haven’t yet. Super nice for the price tag.

I live in downtown Harrisburg so you’re pretty close to me!

Welcome back!

The forum has exploded in the last year or two since I have been here. Prices on Paulson have absolutely sky rocketed. CPC can’t make chips fast enough. And ceramics are dirt cheap.

Welcome back! Looks like you still have a decent amount of chips. Definitely check out the cards mold chips if you haven’t yet. Super nice for the price tag.

I live in downtown Harrisburg so you’re pretty close to me!
Am I right that there is a group buy going on right now for some?

The long lost BCC master!! I must have sent you 3 or 4 PMs back in 2019 when we joined ... (@FordPickup92 and myself) I was building a set of BCC FOCs and every listing pointed to you! I managed to build a nice set with patience... only 40 blue dimes and it is complete!
20200830_202140.jpg

I did finally find more $1s and got those $.50 out if the $.05/$.10 set. (On the right) modern day looks like
20210309_161643.jpg

Ready for two tables of action IMO.

Anyways welcome back, we are in Westminster MD, not far from York and often in PA attending sprint car races.

Not tryin to put you to work but if you ever hear of anyone with a partial rack of dimes, man it would really help my OCD. Not that we really need 4 racks but damn it would be pretty. We actually prefer $.10/$.20 over $.05/$.10 anyways so would love to finish that set up.

Unfortunately to the trained FOC eye you will notice many of the nickles and dimes are mixed paulson and BCC.. it's what I had to work with! Lol

Also I believe you collected Aces at some point. I remember sending a PM on an old listing you had I think, those were my first paulson chips! Absolutely love them!
20210123_143114.jpg

I guess great Maryland minds think alike!

Happy to see you make the come back @MD Mike let us know if you ever get a poker game going.

Fellow Marylander and fellow chipper Ben

Welcome back. Group buy stuff popular in the last 2 years:

Abbiati customs
Sun Fly semi-customs
Card mold chips
Dealer buttons
Cut cards
PCF merch

Last edited:
I think I bought my first CC set from you and your wife. Could be wrong but I think it was some pharaohs.

Hey Mike, glad to see you're around again. I have missed the good 'ol days of BCC chips changing hands left and right.

We do have a new rule around here since you left, "I'm back" posts are obliged to contain gratuitous amounts of chip pron. I'm surprised nobody mentioned it yet. Sooo you'll wanna, you know, work on that. :D :cool (Okay so, there's no rule, but there should be!)

Happy to hear you still have the InPlays. I have a spot picked out for them if you ever get a wild hair. ;)

only 40 blue dimes and it is complete!

I was checking my set of FOC and I actually have 1100. See? I don’t even know what I have anymore!

unfortunately I only have 120 dimes but I’ll look for you!

image.jpg

Welcome back. Group buy stuff popular in the last 2 years:

Abbiati customs
Sun Fly semi-customs
Card mold chips
Dealer buttons
Cut cards
PCF merch

literally first day back and im in for 800 tourney chips.

I think I bought my first CC set from you and your wife. Could be wrong but I think it was some pharaohs.

Yes but I am not sure it was pharaohs. Maybe it was. Actually I’ve had so many sets temporarily that it’s very possible! No wait - it was the pharaohs! So many sets have worked their way through my possession.

Welcome back Mike. Condolences on your dad. Glad Evelyn is doing well. Time flies.

Got some Stella for you and the spare bedroom ready for when you pass out :p

View attachment 774496

haha, yes I remember that night. Maybe I’ll stick to water next time. I will play better.

Hey Mike, glad to see you're around again. I have missed the good 'ol days of BCC chips changing hands left and right.

We do have a new rule around here since you left, "I'm back" posts are obliged to contain gratuitous amounts of chip pron. I'm surprised nobody mentioned it yet. Sooo you'll wanna, you know, work on that. :D :cool (Okay so, there's no rule, but there should be!)

Happy to hear you still have the InPlays. I have a spot picked out for them if you ever get a wild hair. ;)
Oh yes I love the InPlays. I have a ton of crispy InPlays

Pictures will be coming … I have everything in chip boxes and I’m dusting them off slowly and putting them back in racks as I go.

But to tide you over here are some rarer demons
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Just FYI @MD Mike there have been lots if racks of the nice $.50 BCC FOCs floating around, looks like with those dimes you could use a rack or two of the $.50s for a nice playable $.10/$.20 set.

I bet a wanted ad would draw them out if you have any intrest sir. Just thought I would mention it. Unfortunately I let all of my extra racks of $.50s go, but again they are out there.

Ben

Thank you for the welcome back and condolences about dad. Losing him was rough and traumatizing and I wish I could say it gets better but so far not so. I will tell you what helps though is seeing all you guys again and looking at all the posts and pictures and knowing everyone is having a good time spreading chip love.

too bad there are still no home Paulsons. Guess we have to keep waiting and trying.

I was going through old threads and stumbled on to the 2018 PCF promo chip group buy and every time someone mentioned Lammer mold I would post this:

1631409783643.jpeg

Also I asked if the chips were “rock tumbler compatible”. Yes early on I wondered if you would use a rock tumbler to soften the edges. I was nearly permabanned for that!

I'm pretty new here, but I'll welcome you back, as well! Funny enough, I've been doing a bunch of research on the Royal Yak chips, and your name is second on my list. I might have to ping you for some history.

I'm pretty new here, but I'll welcome you back, as well! Funny enough, I've been doing a bunch of research on the Royal Yak chips, and your name is second on my list. I might have to ping you for some history.
I would assume @MegaTon44 is right there at the top. That’s where my Yakkies went.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom