Maximizing value when flopping quads (and why not to flat AA pre) (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
I'm going to show V's hole cards from the get go. Folds to Hero in CO who RFI 2.5 BB with 22.
BN flats with AA. I do think he should have 3! here for sure.
BB calls and we go multiway to a flop that is very bad for AA. Hero flops quads.

1656116834297.png

BB X and Hero cant X behind here risking BN X as well. So Hero bets 1 BB to try and get some calls. Probably could have gone a bit larger here.
Both players call.

1656116906224.png

Turn puts another FD on the board and BB X. Hero bets again for a smaller size 1/4 pot. BN raises to 4x. SB folds. Hero calls.

1656116964827.png

On the river Hero leads for about 1/4 pot and V raises again to about 5x. This time I decide to re-raise and 3x is a jam so in it goes.

1656117052261.png

Hero calls and aces are cracked. Pretty bad runout for AA to be getting it all in.

1656117118390.png

Yeah, online small stakes, all you care for is for your big pairs to be uneventful.
Better collect blinds than loose a stack.

I'm going to show V's hole cards from the get go. Folds to Hero in CO who RFI 2.5 BB with 22.
BN flats with AA. I do think he should have 3! here for sure.
BB calls and we go multiway to a flop that is very bad for AA. Hero flops quads.

View attachment 938051

BB X and Hero cant X behind here risking BN X as well. So Hero bets 1 BB to try and get some calls. Probably could have gone a bit larger here.
Both players call.

View attachment 938053

Turn puts another FD on the board and BB X. Hero bets again for a smaller size 1/4 pot. BN raises to 4x. SB folds. Hero calls.

View attachment 938054

On the river Hero leads for about 1/4 pot and V raises again to about 5x. This time I decide to re-raise and 3x is a jam so in it goes.

View attachment 938056

Hero calls and aces are cracked. Pretty bad runout for AA to be getting it all in.

View attachment 938058
It's like mistakes on every street for the AA player. yeesh - lost the maximum.

There were a lot of mistakes here made by that pocket aces player and it just kept compounding onto itself. I actually don't know if he could have played it worse haha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom