In Progress (ordering closed) Matsui Zen Group Buy 2021 (3 Viewers)

UPDATE

.25 x 0
1 x 0
5 x 0
25 x 0
100 x 200
500 x 240
1000 x 60
5k Plaque x 0
25k Plaque x 0
Light Button x 0
Dark Button x 0
Gold Metal x 0

UPDATE (thank you so much @derekdd23 for managing all this!!!)

.25 x 900
1 x
5 x 100
25 x 80
100 x 20
500 x 100
1000 x 100
5k Plaque x 100
25k Plaque x 100
Light Button x 1
Dark Button x 1
Gold Metal x 10

I have a question there was 2 $1000 chips. In the mock-ups the one getting ordered has purple orange purple for the spots is that correct that is the one getting ordered? I need to match my set. Thanks

I have a question there was 2 $1000 chips. In the mock-ups the one getting ordered has purple orange purple for the spots is that correct that is the one getting ordered? I need to match

I didn’t realize there was 2 versions, the only one I have seen is the one in the 1st post with maroon and orange, do you happen to know what the other was or why there was 2?

I found this picture

IMG_3719.JPG
IMG_3719.JPG

What I remember is that some people did not like the first version and they wanted it to be brighter. Personally I like the one in the original post. Here is a picture of both side by side. I would like to confirm we are ordering the one in the original post since I have way more of them.

Attachments

• 9912E7F3-F67A-4E26-93CA-ECEA34AEA543.jpeg
    9912E7F3-F67A-4E26-93CA-ECEA34AEA543.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 140
I didn’t realize there was 2 versions, the only one I have seen is the one in the 1st post with maroon and orange, do you happen to know what the other was or why there was 2?
IIRC there were two GB's for the zens, where you were allowed to participate in run#2 only if you participated in run#1. In run #2 they changed the color scheme for the 1000 chip, so there is a V1 and a V2. I forget which one is which.

Yes there were 2 runs you were only allowed to be in run #2 if you were in run #1. My personal option is since you started with V1 you stay with version 1, no one else brought it up so I guess no one else cares but I would like version #1 which is what you posted.

V2 has the more orange spots, not the purple like in the original post. I would like purple like the original post.

I personally like both so I dont mind staying with the ones from the OP. If someone has a strong opinion about using the V2 please let me know we may be able to work something out.

Was there any version of these that had foil on them? For someone reason I seem to remember that, or was that a different matsui GB?

Also for people who own a set of these already, do you notice any dirty stack issues between the $1s and $100s?

I personally like both so I dont mind staying with the ones from the OP. If someone has a strong opinion about using the V2 please let me know we may be able to work something out.
I prefer the 1000's with the orange spots. The second version ( with the orange spots) looks better in person than the first (with purple spots) IMO. If at all possible I would like another rack of 1Ks with the orange spots.

So do we assume when we order $1000 they will be Version 1 I am trying to get my final numbers?

I've got some 1000's with the purple spots. I prefer orange spots but I will take a rack of the version you will choose.

Update:

.25 x 320
1 x 320
5 x 220
25 x 120
100 x 120
500 x 120
1000 x 120
5k Plaque x 21
25k Plaque x6
Light Button x3
Dark Button x3
Gold Metal x 11

Hi people. Are these chips as slippy as some people make out?
I've own a few Matsui chip sets. This issue always comes up so I took a rack of Zen $5's off the self and shuffled a barrel a few times and these chips
seem to have a matted surface on the outer ring. That makes them easy to shuffle and much less slippery as compared to other Matsuis. Zens were originally made in the late 2000's. Maybe that's what accounts for the difference. These are fantastic chips!

I've own a few Matsui chip sets. This issue always comes up so I took a rack of Zen $5's off the self and shuffled a barrel a few times and these chips
seem to have a matted surface on the outer ring. That makes them easy to shuffle and much less slippery as compared to other Matsuis. Zens were originally made in the late 2000's. Maybe that's what accounts for the difference. These are fantastic chips!
Thanks for that info. Good to know. These chips look very nice.

Hi people. Are these chips as slippy as some people make out?
I have a sample set of the Matsui Zens. I have a full set of the Matsui Emerald Bay chips. In my opinion, the Emerald Bay chips are slicker than the Zen chips, but I only have a small sample size of the Zens.

That being said, the Matsui chips in general are slippery compared to clay or ceramic chips, the friction for the material just isn't there in the same way. Normally the slipperiness comes into play when moving large stacks of chips around, either players picking up big stacks or big split pots being counted out and then pushed across at the winners. I haven't been playing for decades like some on here, but in my games we've never had an issue sliding stacks of these across to a player. Maybe if you have 20 years of picking up a barrel of Paulsons and know exactly how much pressure to put on them you will find an issue with these, but not me. YMMV

.25 x 82
1 x 102
5 x 282
25 x 22
100 x 22
500 x 2
1000 x 2
5k Plaque x 0
25k Plaque x 0
Light Button x 0
Dark Button x 0
Gold Metal x 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom