Matsui WPS Horseshoe Style GB - Interest only thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be in for 3 samples sets, price dependent. Haven’t had a chance to handle Matsui’s yet, be nice to have a stack as shufflers

I can lend these out too. Its only 6 chips though.

IMG_20180905_112742.jpg
IMG_20180905_112804.jpg

Loving all of these! Would prefer the red 25K chip switch with the 5K chip, so the 5K would be Red and the 25K black, just because the 5K chip gets so much more use, but it's by no means a deal breaker - if this set is faithful to the original Binion's set then it's probably best just to stick to it. Can't wait to get a set! Hope there's enough interest!

After getting a few samples of ceramics, and after absolutely hating them outright, I've been shuffling them for a month now and feeling like my next set has to be ceramic or high quality plastic. I know, it doesn't make sense. I don't even care.

These are super cool. As are the designs @PlaidDragon came up with. Honestly, I'd be happy with either of those two sets or a creation of my own (and, truthfully, I'm trying to build a limit set - I don't even need a tourney set right now, but damn. Liiiiiife choices.)

Thx Oct. When I saw Tommy's Matsui group buy (GB) thread I was both elated and bummed at the same time.

Elated because the general appearance of these chips is just so unique and cool. Nothing out there looks quite like them.

Bummed given I had contemplated running my own GB for these, but ultimately decided against it given I just didn't have the time to run it properly start to finish.

I'm certain Tommy's design will be awesome and look forward to seeing the finished product.

Last edited:
This was my thought as well, perhaps too much black throughout the set. Works well on the T500 and/or T1K but the T25K not so much in my opinion.

Ooops, I forgot that these are supposed to be Horseshoe tribute chips so then yea, the black makes perfect sense. Regardless, these are gonna be awesome!

There's always plan B.

Are those sunfly hybrids or ABC hybrid blanks (do they even make hybrid blanks)?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm pretty sure I read that ABC gets their blanks from sunfly in many cases. Dumb question.

Just to clarify, the pic in OP indicates the exact colors/edgenapots if the chips and only the art will change a bit?

Potentially interested in a 500 chip set, but will depend heavily on final design.

Just to clarify, the pic in OP indicates the exact colors/edgenapots if the chips and only the art will change a bit?

Potentially interested in a 500 chip set, but will depend heavily on final design.

Correct, at this point, just the denoms need to be updated on the mockup. The molds/denom choices seem to be best for the HS style without using the same mold twice in the set.

I am interested. It really depends on the all in price I guess. Best guess, are we staying under $1.40 per chip?

If my math is right.... with a 7500 chip order, the $1500 Matsiu artwork fee adds 20c per chip.

Chart to breakdown the Matsui artwork fee.

5000 pieces - $1.15 + $0.30 = $1.45 per chip
7500 pieces - $1.15 + $0.20 = $1.35 per chip
10,000 pieces - $1.15 + $0.15 = $1.30 per chip
15,000 pieces - $1.15 + $0.10 = $1.25 per chip
20,000 pieces - $1.15 + $0.075 = $1.225 per chip

This was one of my earlier Matsiu mockups on their newer CC.360 mold. Only one spot style available though. (n) :thumbsdown:
These are same size as there S2s.

matsiuv3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom