Matsui WPS Horseshoe Style GB - Interest only thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
tf_wps_mg1a.jpg

Many of the longtime chippers know that @Johnny5 did the artwork for the WPS Rio style Matsui GB back in 07/08 IIRC.
I reached out to John about doing a HS style set. He liked the idea and is working on finalizing the artwork.

matsiuv6.png

PRICING
Cost is $1.15 per chip (2 color - 39mm) before any artwork fees, shipping costs, etc.

Matsiu artwork fee is $1500. ($250 x 6)
J5's artwork fee: TBD
Wire Fee: TBD
Shipping (Matsui to US): TBD

These costs will be spread evenly across all orders per chip.
To break this down a bit, the Matsui artwork fee adds the following:
  • 15c per chip on a 10K chip order
  • 7.5c per chip on a 20K chip order
There is a 5% price break at 50k pieces.

ABOUT THE CHIPS
This mold has one of the squarest edges that they offer. The chips feel similar to Bud Jones V7s without the occasional suction effect.
The suction effect of BJ V7s doesn't bother me anyway but these do not seem to have that characteristic.

All chips are 39mm.
Denoms: T25, T100, T500, T1K, T5K, and T25K

I got some Zen samples from @MykL316 and @mipevi is helping me with the colors. Thank you both. (y) :thumbsup:
IMG_20180827_160857.jpg

SAMPLE SETS
We'll talk about those later after we confirm enough interest in playable sets.

PLAYABLE SETS
If you are interested in getting a set, post in this thread. Please post an estimated QTY. The breakdown isn't necessary at this time.

GB TIME FRAME
If it looks like we have enough interest to move forward, I will start a GB Order thread ASAP. 6 weeks to get your order in and payment to me. If additional time is needed, we can extend it for up to 2 more weeks.

Because I am limiting my number of PayPal transactions until Jan 1st, I will only be excepting PayPal from our international members because they really have no other way to pay without excessive wire fees. All other payments will have to be by Google Pay or check/money order. If someone wants to collect PayPal for me and send it to me in one lump some, that will work too. Otherwise its just Google Pay and checks/money orders.

Last edited:
Especially love the markings/patterns on the green/yellow and pink/black chips. All look great! Having never handled Matsuis before definitely count me in for a couple of sample sets if offered. (y) :thumbsup:

Potentially interested, will be following this thread. Thanks! Probably 1000 chips

Last edited:
you can save a lot of Money if your matsui's have inner decal ring and have the same inlay on all chips.

By the way if someone wants to make Matsui's and would like to save some costs you can write me a pm.

Interest would like to see final chips before commuting to numbers. I have a large set of zens and love them a lot.

Interest would like to see final chips before commuting to numbers. I have a large set of zens and love them a lot.

Final mockup by J5 you mean?

I most likely would be in for a set of 500. Subject to what the final product looks like.

Is the black chip set in stone? It’s the one that I’m not too crazy about. I don’t know if it’s the tan color or the design exactly. Can we get some blaze orange or neon blue in it?

Not sure if this makes a difference or not, but I’d only need five denominations.

Would blanks be available?

I most likely would be in for a set of 500. Subject to what the final product looks like.

Is the black chip set in stone? It’s the one that I’m not too crazy about. I don’t know if it’s the tan color or the design exactly. Can we get some blaze orange or neon blue in it?

Not sure if this makes a difference or not, but I’d only need five denominations.

Would blanks be available?

I don't think Matsui offers blanks. I'll be using their laminated matte finish option for the labels.
I have color samples coming my way. The spot on the black 5K chip is a yellow . Same as the T10K chip below.

This is a pic @Felix posted here.
QhHsnGg.jpg

That’s better than the first pic. Is the 100 going to be purple? I assumed the black would be the 100, but I don’t know now.

I’m not sure now, I’ll have to see if those color combos grow on me. My initial thought is that they clash more than they complement/contrast each other.

I don't think Matsui offers blanks. I'll be using their laminated matte finish option for the labels.
I have color samples coming my way. The spot on the black 5K chip is a yellow . Same as the T10K chip below.

This is a pic @Felix posted here.
View attachment 196721

I like the spot style of the 25 and 5K a lot.

Seeing all this sort of makes me regret not going forward with my own Matsui group buy.

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Ugh, as badly as I want a set of matsuis, don't think I can justify the purchase of another tournament set at the moment. A cash set, on the other hand...

I am interested. It really depends on the all in price I guess. Best guess, are we staying under $1.40 per chip?

There is still time!

Heh, probably not at this point. I've started accepting sample payments.

Plus, I don't think it would be kind to ABC if I were to pull out now given they've spent a lot of time and effort with my proofs as well as answering my questions and such. A good bunch of people, ABC.

Last edited:
Heh, probably not at this point. I've started accepting sample payments.

Plus, I don't think it would be kind to ABC if I were to pull out now given they've spent a lot of time and effort with my proofs as well as answering my questions and such. A good bunch of people, ABC.

I meant get both. :)

That's an excellent idea. However, do you have a place for me to stay? I'm pretty sure my wife will kick my a$$ to the moon if I got two more sets at this point. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I’m not sure now, I’ll have to see if those color combos grow on me. My initial thought is that they clash more than they complement/contrast each other.

The Matsui colors for the T100 (middle #09/#27) looks really good in person.

IMG_20180904_162913.png

I’m tempted for a small set to be honest, but I’m really confused by what the set is going to look like. Is the top picture the final mock-up of the actual chip colours?

Ok thanks @Tommy for the clarification.

I’m really coming around to this whole plastic chip thing and I’m kinda craving a set. Never thought I’d hear myself utter such blasphemy :LOL: :laugh:.

I like the 25, 100 and 500 a lot. I’m just not sure im digging so much black in the others.

I’m really coming around to this whole plastic chip thing and I’m kinda craving a set. Never thought I’d hear myself utter such blasphemy :LOL: :laugh:.

After getting a few samples of ceramics, and after absolutely hating them outright, I've been shuffling them for a month now and feeling like my next set has to be ceramic or high quality plastic. I know, it doesn't make sense. I don't even care.

These are super cool. As are the designs @PlaidDragon came up with. Honestly, I'd be happy with either of those two sets or a creation of my own (and, truthfully, I'm trying to build a limit set - I don't even need a tourney set right now, but damn. Liiiiiife choices.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom