Interest Matsui 43mm WSOP tribute set -- need name suggestions (2 Viewers)

Watching this closely, I may be in depending on the design! (damn it chipping is addicting lol)

@liftapint - any update? I'm excited for these! Also the wife hates the pastel 500s look - any way we can make it brighter? Haha what I'm also trying to say is how is the design and progress going for these? :)

I am getting frustrated by this project and am probably going to abandon it altogether. Or, maybe just basically place a reorder of essentially the exact same chips as the original group buy. Too frustrated trying to come up with a refreshed look.

I am getting frustrated by this project and am probably going to abandon it altogether. Or, maybe just basically place a reorder of essentially the exact same chips as the original group buy. Too frustrated trying to come up with a refreshed look.
Do you need a designer? What are you stuck on?

Black label versus white. White is true to WSOP, and is much of what makes the chips look WSOP. But I kinda like black better.

I don’t really understand the nuances of the foil options that Matsui offers, and what is possible versus not, with foil on the inlay. It has been explained to me, but I still don’t really understand.

I kinda want a refreshed inlay design, but it would be weird to stray very far from the original WSOP inlay, since these are WSOP clones.

The easiest thing would probably just seek permission to reorder the original group buy design. I was just hoping for something better.

I wouldn't mind the originals. I owned a set and loved them. But if we're changing things, 1st step is to get a designer

Black label versus white. White is true to WSOP, and is much of what makes the chips look WSOP. But I kinda like black better.

I don’t really understand the nuances of the foil options that Matsui offers, and what is possible versus not, with foil on the inlay. It has been explained to me, but I still don’t really understand.

I kinda want a refreshed inlay design, but it would be weird to stray very far from the original WSOP inlay, since these are WSOP clones.

The easiest thing would probably just seek permission to reorder the original group buy design. I was just hoping for something better.
I hear you bro.
What chip makes YOU happy? What is your vision for it because if you stick to that then enough people will back you :) I'm sure.

Also the original replica order was 39 or 43mm?

Original order was 43mm

E64A128B-ADCC-489E-B3EA-EC7120C38DA4.jpeg

Thanks for your encouragement @VMR911.

I like that version too. I have been told that we can’t achieve that look with Matsui’s foil options.

Ok, I won’t abandon it yet :)

Apparently @links_slayer has me blocked (or at least I don’t see any way to contact him). So I can’t even ask him if we can use the original design. But, I guess if I am blocked, the answer would have been “no” anyways. Haha.

Apparently @links_slayer has me blocked (or at least I don’t see any way to contact him). So I can’t even ask him if we can use the original design. But, I guess if I am blocked, the answer would have been “no” anyways. Haha.

lolol....not blocked, just haven't logged in forever. you can take off the tinfoil hat.

lolol....not blocked, just haven't logged in forever. you can take off the tinfoil hat.

Well, now the "start conversation" button is back. So something changed.
Anyways, welcome back! It's been a while!

We're re-doing your group buy, with a few twists. Nice work on the original!

Depending on the which way the design goes I would be interested. Not that I get a vote, but Im black label foil. Following regardless

Depending on the which way the design goes I would be interested. Not that I get a vote, but Im black label foil. Following regardless

Inlays are finalized, confirming all chip and spot colors (got some sample sets last week). As soon as I work out some additional details with Matsui, I'll be setting up a group buy thread.

Chips will look basically like this (with a few color changes to spots). Black label, metallic gold text.

mat_tb_set1a.jpg

Inlays are finalized, confirming all chip and spot colors (got some sample sets last week). As soon as I work out some additional details with Matsui, I'll be setting up a group buy thread.

Chips will look basically like this (with a few color changes to spots). Black label, metallic gold text.

View attachment 868152
Hmmm, Ill see what my poker crew thinks Thursday night... But I do like the black and gold inlays! Not to be that guy, but any higher demons in the works? This said my normal tourney goes with just these so it WILL do my game justice as is!

Hmmm, Ill see what my poker crew thinks Thursday night... But I do like the black and gold inlays! Not to be that guy, but any higher demons in the works? This said my normal tourney goes with just these so it WILL do my game justice as is!

I was not planning to do any higher denoms. I suppose we could consider a 5 and/or 25k though. We would need to meet minimums, which might be tough.

And sorry to those that wanted the “no cash value” and “tournament” text removed so these could double as cash chips. This is the inlay I am going with.

The minimum per denom is 500 chips. I guess we could just pay the fee if minimums are not met. I think it would make those denoms about 25-30 cents more expensive than the other denoms. We'll see. The Matsui color line-up is VERY limited (for the Vinyl colors).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom