Lack of Interest Matsui 43 mm Sands Tournament Set (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running out of colors

70378666-3878-4505-9CB3-28B3B039EA52.jpeg

So, that lack of the .25 just may be too tweaking for me to take and keep me out of the cash set. TBD.

That leaves me with a dilema for the tourney set: what am I going do with the white 1 and NCV blue? Maybe leaving the white chip as the 100k was the right move for the tourney set, since the cash set is fully developing.

So, that lack of the .25 just may be too tweaking for me to take and keep me out of the cash set. TBD.

That leaves me with a dilema for the tourney set: what am I going do with the white 1 and NCV blue? Maybe leaving the white chip as the 100k was the right move for the tourney set, since the cash set is fully developing.

You wouldn’t need to buy the white 1 or the blue NCV. And a T5-based or T25-based or even T100-based set doesn’t REALLY need a chip denom over 25k.

That said, will be interesting if many order the T1, now that there is a cash set offering.

You wouldn’t need to buy the white 1 or the blue NCV. And a T5-based or T25-based or even T100-based set doesn’t REALLY need a chip denom over 25k.

That said, will be interesting if many order the T1, now that there is a cash set offering.
Exactly. But I am more likely to buy t100k chips, for the option of a deep stack, than I am to buy the t1s which have no purpose that I can see. And the NCV blue chip is now part of the cash offering so I can scratch that itch there.

Man, the lack of a .25 is profoundly felt!

We should set up a GoFundMe to have a quarter ring made.

3-4 cash set group buys, and the cost could easily be built in, but impossible to coordinate across buys.

Roxana did say that the only reason that the $0.5 ring exists is because a customer had it made, and lets other customers use it.

Too bad it costs so much up front. $3500

We should set up a GoFundMe to have a quarter ring made.

3-4 cash set group buys, and the cost could easily be built in, but impossible to coordinate across buys.

Roxana did say that the only reason that the $0.5 ring exists is because a customer had it made, and lets other customers use it.

Too bad it costs so much up front. $3500
I wish it was a $.5. People could make that work. Hard to imagine it costs so much to make

They have a "20"
If you add a $20 to the lineup, I am going to have a damn tough time staying out of this. And since you took away yellow as the frac (the blue is gorgeous, so not a problem) now you can do a yellow $20! Maybe with a green edge spot??? I don't think there would be any worries about a $20 and a $1000 chip bein on the same table. Anyone using a $1000 in a cash or tournament is going to use the $25.

I just realized I fell behind and have 4 more pages to read, so if this is redundant, or decisions have now been finalized, my apologies...

There is no $20 inner ring option sadly. You can have 20 without the dollar sign (and there’s actually one with a Euro sign). But for an cash set you’d either want the sign on all chips or none.

There is no $20 inner ring option sadly. You can have 20 without the dollar sign (and there’s actually one with a Euro sign). But for a cash set you’d either want the sign on all chips or none.
I think he wants a yellow 20 added to the tourney line up.

Here is a cash option with $. As you know there is no $.25 or .25 so the frac is a blank. Feel free to add your comments. I think it looks pretty good

View attachment 1001701
View attachment 1001715
Personally, I loved the blue frac in the tournament set. Plus the standard red 5 and black 100. If there was just a yellow 20 I wouldn't even care about no dollar signs. I'd just use the T set for cash.

Personally, I loved the blue frac in the tournament set. Plus the standard red 5 and black 100. If there was just a yellow 20 I wouldn't even care about no dollar signs. I'd just use the T set for cash.
I will look at that tomorrow. But that will be the last add……hahahahahaha

If you add a $20 to the lineup, I am going to have a damn tough time staying out of this. And since you took away yellow as the frac (the blue is gorgeous, so not a problem) now you can do a yellow $20! Maybe with a green edge spot??? I don't think there would be any worries about a $20 and a $1000 chip bein on the same table. Anyone using a $1000 in a cash or tournament is going to use the $25.

I just realized I fell behind and have 4 more pages to read, so if this is redundant, or decisions have now been finalized, my apologies...
590333BE-493D-4AE9-8ABC-381E9F8CFAC9.jpeg
8F569BE0-7163-42B6-9E9B-FD98515B0F7A.jpeg
1E100227-FD09-4FB8-98A4-F15386C9F2B9.jpeg

There is no $20 inner ring option sadly. You can have 20 without the dollar sign (and there’s actually one with a Euro sign). But for an cash set you’d either want the sign on all chips or none.
I think he wants a yellow 20 added to the tourney line up.
Yes, I like the T set MUCH better than the new cash set. That was on a later page that I hadn't gotten to yet. I really don't see the need at all for a separate cash set if a 20 could be added to the T set. But I realize many of you like the Cali colors. And if there is no option for a $20 inner ring anyway, then all the more reason. I don't like cash sets with a $25 chip.

So after @liftapint created the WSOP Tribute set I got a sample and regretted not getting a whole set. I have completed the design for a very similar set and wanted to gauge the interest.

So , just let me know what you think of these and also put down what you might be interested in.

A few items to keep in mind:

1. Yes, I copied some of Mel's chips!
2. We need to reach the 500 minimum for each chip
3. The order thread will be separate, this is just for interest
4. I will be offering sample sets in the order thread
5. I have been in contact with Matsui and they have raised their prices since the WSOP group buy. We will be closer to $1.90-$1.95 per chip on these.
6. I have a shuffle stack that I would be glad to loan out if people would like to see these in person. They are fantastic chips. If you have interest in borrowing the shuffle stack please let me know. All that I will ask is that you only keep it a day or two then send to the next person that wants to see it. And that the last person in line sends them back home.
7. Much thanks to @timinater for help on the label. Once the order thread goes up we will have much better renderings.
8. I will ship anywhere. Shipping from me to you will be separate
9. I will create a jeton similar to the Horseshoe if we have the interest. Should be under $20 each
10. These are 43 mm chips

You can see the WSOP thread here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/matsui-43mm-wsop-tribute-gb-order-thread-t5-t25k-added.88721/

Also more pictures here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/matsui-wsop-tribute-43mm-showcase.95045/#post-1964331

This should be the final tourney design. I will put together a cash set with $ soon

View attachment 1001749

Many people have asked for a cash set with $. So here is an option. Feel free to add your comments. I am pretty happy with it.

View attachment 1001700
View attachment 1001716
Hey @justincarothers - what if the cash $25 had mint color instead of light gray

Very neat! Thanks! How about the first one with a bit bolder green. I saw one on another chip. I think it might have been called Lawn Green?

And to be clear, please don't do this just for me. I'm not 100% committed to this set yet. And besides, I'm a micro stakes player, so If I do buy a set, I would only get about 3 barrels of 20s. So you would need a lot more than just me on board to get to 500 of these chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom