Lack of Interest Matsui 43 mm Sands Tournament Set (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

justincarothers

4 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Supporter
Reaction score
So after @liftapint created the WSOP Tribute set I got a sample and regretted not getting a whole set. I have completed the design for a very similar set and wanted to gauge the interest.

So , just let me know what you think of these and also put down what you might be interested in.

A few items to keep in mind:

1. Yes, I copied some of Mel's chips!
2. We need to reach the 500 minimum for each chip
3. The order thread will be separate, this is just for interest
4. I will be offering sample sets in the order thread
5. I have been in contact with Matsui and they have raised their prices since the WSOP group buy. We will be closer to $1.90-$1.95 per chip on these.
6. I have a shuffle stack that I would be glad to loan out if people would like to see these in person. They are fantastic chips. If you have interest in borrowing the shuffle stack please let me know. All that I will ask is that you only keep it a day or two then send to the next person that wants to see it. And that the last person in line sends them back home.
7. Much thanks to @timinater for help on the label. Once the order thread goes up we will have much better renderings.
8. I will ship anywhere. Shipping from me to you will be separate
9. I will create a jeton similar to the Horseshoe if we have the interest. Should be under $20 each
10. These are 43 mm chips

You can see the WSOP thread here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/matsui-43mm-wsop-tribute-gb-order-thread-t5-t25k-added.88721/

Also more pictures here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/matsui-wsop-tribute-43mm-showcase.95045/#post-1964331

This should be the final tourney design. I will put together a cash set with $ soon

lineup with colors.png

Many people have asked for a cash set with $. So here is an option. Feel free to add your comments. I am pretty happy with it.

lineup2.png

84458CC6-3F0F-450A-9EE4-D20FE050ED18.jpeg

Last edited:
I think these look great! Looooooooooove the inlay, and the fancy inner ring. The silver foil on black background is going to look fab.

Anyone on the fence about these and worried about feel, worry NOT. These feel great and stack like bricks, seriously!

Since you asked for comments.

If you added a "1" chip and a non-denominated chip, you could satisfy the cash players. The non-denom could be used as a quarter in cash games, AND as a 250K in a high roller tournament set.

Really like the looks of these. I would be in for 100 each of 100, 500, 1000, 5000.

Since you asked for comments.

If you added a "1" chip and a non-denominated chip, you could satisfy the cash players. The non-denom could be used as a quarter in cash games, AND as a 250K in a high roller tournament set.
I will work something up. There is no .25 option with Matsui. It would have to be non-denominated

I would definitely be in for a cash set! Probably in for a tourney set if there is no cash set

In terms of design feedback, does anyone else think the 6-fold symmetry of the edge spots a little jarring next to the 4-fold symmetry of the denoms?

I mean it’s not super tilting or anything, just a little sub-optimal on a $2 priced chip.

In terms of design feedback, does anyone else think the 6-fold symmetry of the edge spots a little jarring next to the 4-fold symmetry of the denoms?

I mean it’s not super tilting or anything, just a little sub-optimal on a $2 priced chip.
Looks good to me. Would be too busy if there were six spots designs on the face. IMO

I don't understand the question. What is sub-optimal about it?

I don't understand the question. What is sub-optimal about it?
I find the way the 6 edge spots (wrapped onto the face) don’t line up with the 4 denoms on the face tickles my OCD nerve a little. I find it kind of weird Matsui offer it as an option, but it’s definitely less triggering than the 5 edge vs 4 face designs in their tool.

They’re still great looking chips.

I find the way the 6 edge spots (wrapped onto the face) don’t line up with the 4 denoms on the face tickles my OCD nerve a little. I find it kind of weird Matsui offer it as an option, but it’s definitely less triggering than the 5 edge vs 4 face designs in their tool.

They’re still great looking chips.
I understand what you are saying.

I don’t find it jarring, and the 6v4 thing doesn’t get to me, specifically. Rather, I just find the inlay a little too busy with the extra quad detailing. Would love to see it without that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom