Matsui WSOP Tribute (43mm) Showcase (2 Viewers)

BearMetal

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
This is the official Matsui WSOP Tribute 43mm Showcase Thread for the amazing Group Buy run by @liftapint !

Matsui chips have always been something of a mystery to me. Starting with my Matsui Radisson Aruba chips, I always thought that they had such a unique feel / texture / sound. When my Matsui Zen chips arrived, I was shocked to find that they had a different feel and sound, and although not disappointed by them, I was confused since I thought all their 39mm chips were the same.

Enter the WSOP 43mm Matsui chips, which are nothing like any 43mm plastic chip I have felt before. They are OUTSTANDING; superior stacking, texture, grip, sound compared to ANY plastic I have felt. I am so excited to receive these, that I could not wait any longer and cracked open 1 barrel of each to start the showcase thread! No better way than with a splash pot!

More pictures to come in my gallery! If you have the WSOP tributes, post em here!

1663612105284.png

PXL_20220920_015350895.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20220921_023720945.PORTRAIT.jpg

To echo Mel's comments below, this GB would not have happened without the dedication and work of many members here on PCF.
  • @Johnny5 - brilliant inlay design and color combinations!
  • @mipevi - for providing the GB with so much knowledge of what works and what doesn't

Last edited:
Last edited:
There were quite a few people that I consulted for their opinion when I was putting this set together. Thank you all, for your contributions.

But I want to give a special shout out to the fabulous @Johnny5 for his brilliant work on the inlay, and colors for the add-on chips. Also, a special thanks to @mipevi who helped me get this off the ground, including special knowledge of what works and doesn't work with matsui's gold foil lettering, chip and spot colors for the original group buy on which this was based, and color improvements that he suggested, which were all spot-on!

It took a village, that's for sure. But I think they turned out GREAT. I hope all of those that took the leap of faith on these, really love them and are happy they took the risk. I look forward to seeing these chips in action!

These are great! The inlay isn’t so much my thing, but the design, execution and colors…magnifique! Amazing what Matsui can do. Honestly, I think I wish they’d gone with this type of chip for the Zens. Nice work!

All I have to say is "WOW!". @liftapint, you hit a home run with this set. They are amazing in person! The look, sound, and feel just blew my expectations away. I'm so glad I could join this group buy, and can't wait to get a 43mm cash set.

Here is a quick pic of my set. I'll work on getting more photos later this month. Work has been hectic for me and I just don't have the time right now to sit down with them.

IMG_20220919_214759.jpg

All I have to say is "WOW!". @liftapint, you hit a home run with this set. They are amazing in person! The look, sound, and feel just blew my expectations away. I'm so glad I could join this group buy, and can't wait to get a 43mm cash set.

Here is a quick pic of my set. I'll work on getting more photos later this month. Work has been hectic for me and I just don't have the time right now to sit down with them.

View attachment 989939

Ahhhhh thanks for your kind words

YAY! I'm glad you like them! PAZ was right when he said that you really can't fully appreciate them without seeing them in person and seeing how they feel. So much better in person than in photos. Even still, I'll admit, the colors pop more than I thought they would.

Keep the photos coming, and the love flowing. :)
So happy for all the chip deliveries!

Great photos @BearMetal !!! THANK YOU!

I keep going back and forth about which is my favorite chip. It's hard to argue against the T100, when looking at your photos. LOVE it.

If anyone wants to sell a T25 base set of these please hit me up. These are amazing.

We've had these almost 6 weeks now. Has anyone put these in play yet, or are they just sitting on shelves??

We've had these almost 6 weeks now. Has anyone put these in play yet, or are they just sitting on shelves??
I don't host tournaments ... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Hopefully my buddy that does will have one in the next few weeks and I can get these in play. Anyone else use them yet?

OMG, the green 25s almost glow on the table! I love it. I can’t believe how much I love these. And I hate that my current crew will not play tourneys. :(

No dirty stack with the T100 and the purple T25k ?

Someone can post a pic please ?

OMG, the green 25s almost glow on the table! I love it. I can’t believe how much I love these. And I hate that my current crew will not play tourneys. :(
I totally regret not getting a few racks of greens. If we run another group buy to add to our sets, I'm definitely buying some. I'll volunteer to help if that makes it happen.

Sorry for being late to the party but just joined forum. Firstly, beautiful. Just curious, how do they compare on feel to Bud jones chips? BJ V7 are my favorite ever chip, and high-end plastics in general are so awesome. I've been very curious about Matsui as I just discovered their existence.

Sorry for being late to the party but just joined forum. Firstly, beautiful. Just curious, how do they compare on feel to Bud jones chips? BJ V7 are my favorite ever chip, and high-end plastics in general are so awesome. I've been very curious about Matsui as I just discovered their existence.
The first thing to know is that not all Matsui are created equally. Matsui has 2 different plastics that they use, and they feel VERY different. Also, the 39mm chips feel very different from the 43mm chips.

I personally don't care for the 39mm chips, or the plastic with the brighter colors (I can never remember which plastic it is).

I'm biased, but I think the 43mm chips from this WSOP tribute group buy feel really great. I wouldn't say they feel anything like BJ V7. But...get samples. They're really terrific, I think.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom