Lack of Interest Matsui 43 mm Sands Tournament Set (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok now how do they feel compared to the sunfly 43mm hybrids (which do not feel like ceramics at all)? and what about the bud jones? if you could give a descriptive comparison and not a qualitative comparison that would be nice :)

ok now how do they feel compared to the sunfly 43mm hybrids (which do not feel like ceramics at all)? and what about the bud jones? if you could give a descriptive comparison and not a qualitative comparison that would be nice :)
This is what I'm very interested in hearing about. I'm looking at these Matsui 43mm vs Sun-Fly Prestige 43mm.

Maybe this will help:

So I have Abiatti, Sunfly, and Emerald Bay samples.

Abiatti - Not bad, just not really a fan of these for the price. Too hard and clunky. I like the looks, but don't really like the feel.

Sunfly - Look ok. Don't like how they feel. Didn't like them instantly. Not terrible, just not something I would buy.

Bud Jones - You can't get customs, so they're out.

Emerald Bay - I do like these. My only complaint is I don't like the slipperiness. Have been pondering whether I want customs exactly like these, or CPC. I've been going back and forth for months.

When I got the Horseshoe 43mm samples. I instantly said: THIS IS IT! I've almost listed another set in the classifieds twice. I took pictures last Monday. Just trying to get myself to wait and think. I like how they feel and look. Not slippery. Just seems to be the perfect balance regarding color, weight, feel. Shuffle nicely. Really my main decision is whether I want all to be 43mm, or if I want to check into a 39mm version and do a 43mm 5K chip.

Just got a sample set from @liftapint GB, these 43mm stack like bricks, great feel, not slippery at all. Very nice, I am sold on them now and it is gonna cost me :(:wtf::eek:

Cause I need another tourney set up like I need a whole in my head, but MOAR!!!!!!
Sent to me as well.. they might be my favorite feel to a chip I've ever had.

Maybe this will help:

Abiatti - Not bad, just not really a fan of these for the price. Too hard and clunky. I like the looks, but don't really like the feel.

Sunfly - Look ok. Don't like how they feel. Didn't like them instantly. Not terrible, just not something I would buy.

Emerald Bay - I do like these. My only complaint is I don't like the slipperiness. Have been pondering whether I want customs exactly like these, or CPC. I've been going back and forth for months.

When I got the Horseshoe 43mm samples. I instantly said: THIS IS IT! I've almost listed another set in the classifieds twice. I took pictures last Monday. Just trying to get myself to wait and think. I like how they feel and look. Not slippery. Just seems to be the perfect balance regarding color, weight, feel. Shuffle nicely. Really my main decision is whether I want all to be 43mm, or if I want to check into a 39mm version and do a 43mm 5K chip.
You might want to get 39mm samples before you do that. I hear the 39mm are slippery compared to these 43mm @liftapint

You might want to get 39mm samples before you do that. I hear the 39mm are slippery compared to these 43mm @liftapint

I'm not sure. The Emerald Bay are slippery as snot, but they're not made of the same plastic. I think the Zen chips were made out of the same plastic as the Horseshoe, but in 39mm. Anybody in the Zen buy want to weigh in about feel and slipperiness?

Agree! Love my Zens! They all seem to have a textured surface and handle great. Also the Zens have Brilliant colors especially the Red $5.

Hmmm, I'm going to need to find the rest of my Zen sample set, to compare the colors to the sample set colors that I have.
The red was different, indeed. Now you have me wondering about the other colors.

Hmmm, I'm going to need to find the rest of my Zen sample set, to compare the colors to the sample set colors that I have.
The red was different, indeed. Now you have me wondering about the other colors.
Different color palette for 39 mm?

Appears to be the same in the matsui chip builder

Different color palette for 39 mm?

Appears to be the same in the matsui chip builder
The chip builder doesn't differentiate between nylon and ABS - the colours have the same names and numbers but look very different IRL. For example these are the same numbers:
EED36E5B-F82A-4B40-90E6-DAF3C6881D5D.jpeg

Maybe this will help:

I’ve read that the 39mm are more slippery than the 43mm.

Edit: it seems others have already pointed out, but it may be due to different materials.

Would be great if someone can compare the Zens to the 43mm Horseshoe chips in terms of texture/slipperiness.

The Zens are a little more slippery, but no where near how slippery some other Matsui's are. I think it all boils down to the plastic being used for the mold/colors.

So I don't think we can generalize 39mm vs 43mm Matsui's. I think we have to compare mold to mold and color to color to get an accurate comparison.

Would be great if someone can compare the Zens to the 43mm Horseshoe chips in terms of texture/slipperiness.
Zen's are great chips, nowhere near as slippery as some other hard plastics. Totally playable, and as long as they don't wear down quickly, the texture they ship with should be adequate to prevent stacks from falling all over the place.

The 43 mm WSOPs ... These are in a league of their own. Between the noticeably grippier texture, and the larger size contributing to more weight, and also more surface area, they stack like absolute bricks.

So, although I would never not buy either set because of slipperiness, the WSOP is already clear winner in terms of feel and sound and stackability.

Last edited:
This is what I'm very interested in hearing about. I'm looking at these Matsui 43mm vs Sun-Fly Prestige 43mm.
@warewulf did a very good write up up above and I don't need to reiterate what he's already said.

However I want to point out that SunFly Prestige was like $0.60 / chip, while these WSOPs are 3x as much. It's kind of an unfair comparison.

With that said, the SunFlys are an inferior chip when it comes to materials and feel. They do offer a better color palette though, and I believe their brighter colors and price point still allow them to be a competitive chip here.

Last edited:
@warewulf did a very good write up up above and I don't need to reiterate what he's already said.

However I want to point out that SunFly Prestige was like $0.60 / chip, while these WSOPs are 3x as much. It's kind of an unfair comparison.

With that said, the SunFlys are an inferior chip when it comes to materials and feel. They do offer a better color palette though, and I believe their brighter colors and price point still allow them to be a competitive chip here.
personally I love how the sunfly hybrid 43mm feel and stack. love the colors and everything as well. The sound is not so good though

personally I love how the sunfly hybrid 43mm feel and stack. love the colors and everything as well. The sound is not so good though
Yes, I also really like them. Especially when you consider the price and customization options. They are fun to shuffle and they don't slip around too much.

But just when comparing them to the WSOPs, it's hard for them to compete in terms of feel/sound.

I didn't expect to order new chips this year. But I'm definitely in for a cash set with this mock-up (Congratulations @justincarothers, it is really magnificent!) :

So in for probably 1'000 to 1'500 chips!

View attachment 1007915
I made a couple of minor changes due to colors not showing up in real life. I will be starting the order thread as soon as the art is ready to go. Hopefully some time this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom