Matsui $100 plaques (1 Viewer)

someone should consider (with permission) running this GB back, after seeing these I bet the minimum could be met for a universal $100 with the standard US currency art

someone should consider (with permission) running this GB back, after seeing these I bet the minimum could be met for a universal $100 with the standard US currency art

I'm not sure how you would handle the setup fee. I'm assuming it wouldn't be charged again if you used the same art. Doesn't seem fair to give the latecomers a free pass on that (though I'd probably buy 1-5 if no set up fee knocked $3 off the price...)

I'd say a $300 license fee should go back to SixSpeed for creating it, and he can give the artist a cut out of that (was it P5Woody?)

At the 100 piece minimum, they'd have the same base price as the first-comers, but as it goes over 100 pieces, it would begin to cost less.

Might be a good chance to produce a yellow $20 plaque and a purple $500 plaque, done in the same style by the same artist, and run a big group buy for all three denominations. If we did that, I'd be forced to buy more plaques.

I'd probably also be willing to run the group buy, and perhaps add a Kickstarter component to get a broader audience.

Forgive me for not remembering the setup fee, my comment wasn't a ploy to get cheaper chips or anything. I was simply thinking of those who might want some because they came out terrific

No worries, I meant nothing accusatory - just trying to think about what's fair, in terms of compensating the people who made this design happen. I'm really happy with how these turned out, given that I haven't even had my hands on my own plaques, yet!

Wow, the appreciation for these plaques are through the roof! When I had these in mind, it was to supplement my upcoming cash set. I was approached about doing the same thing as you guys have stated but I politely declined, seeing as how I would like to keep it unique to myself and those who participated in the GB. Hope you guys understand.

What about having a simiar design and different color scheme? These definitely have different colors. Who did the design work?
20v100.jpg

Wow, the appreciation for these plaques are through the roof! When I had these in mind, it was to supplement my upcoming cash set. I was approached about doing the same thing as you guys have stated but I politely declined, seeing as how I would like to keep it unique to myself and those who participated in the GB. Hope you guys understand.

We don't understand. Moar Chips! ;)

.... I was approached about doing the same thing as you guys have stated but I politely declined, seeing as how I would like to keep it unique to myself and those who participated in the GB.....

While I greatly appreciate the work you did in creating these plaques, I am sorry you feel that way. I'd be surprised if any of the rest of us who bought some did so for their exclusivity.

After seeing how well they came out, if they were made available again, I'd probably buy at least 34 more. :cool:

-- Larry

I think if someone wanted to get their own art for a $100 or something else to mimic US currency there should be no harm as this is just emulating US currency and not directly ripping someone else's art.
Not saying I will be or want to do it, just saying no one can claim rights to make a matsui or another plaque of a USD replica.

One would be responsible for their own artwork and organizing everything, obviously

I wanted to bump up my order, but speedy there was in too big a hurry to get these in progress and actually placed the order before the order deadline passed. I'd like to see another go-around.

Ask and ye shall receive! On the $20s, same deal goes, if the minimum of 100 can be met, they'll fly. Can't mix and match since it'll be new artwork.

Sorry if already covered somewhere, but what size are these? Well done by the way, they look great.

This is a really sweet plaque. Any chance people would start a group order for $1000 plaque?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom