Math question: Settle-up after poker game with fewest transactions possible (1 Viewer)

Just track your bets online, and ship the pots via Venmo. No need to have a bank if everybody pays and gets paid per hand.

Are you talking about Full Tilt?
I don't remember exactly, and I don't think I'm making this up. I'll try to find it.. .

This is what I remember...there was a site/app? that was "legal" because there was no actual money being kept by the company, and that people got paid by making a withdrawal request, and the next time someone deposited, they just directly sent them money. But there was an issue with several players who had large sums, and when they tried to withdraw like 40K, they could only get paid what people were depositing, so it was really sporadic and incomplete.

I don't remember exactly, and I don't think I'm making this up. I'll try to find it.. .

This is what I remember...there was a site/app? that was "legal" because there was no actual money being kept by the company, and that people got paid by making a withdrawal request, and the next time someone deposited, they just directly sent them money. But there was an issue with several players who had large sums, and when they tried to withdraw like 40K, they could only get paid what people were depositing, so it was really sporadic and incomplete.
Definitely send that link if you find it. And thanks for the heads up. This project will never accept deposits or withdrawals of any kind. If people want to play for money, I want to support that by keeping the books for them, but no money would flow through the site. If anything, I'd charge a small fee for access, but odds are really good that it'll never be more than a side project.

My Full Tilt comment was a goof... Chris Ferguson stole a buncha money? Is this thing on?

There used to be a Java program we used at PMC that had no transactions... We bet the chips that were part of the forum economy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom