Managing Your Poker Night Invites and Responses (5 Viewers)

Could the send script use and account other than Gmail?

Maybe the user could store credentials for another email account in the spreadsheet?

In that case, you then have the option of using limitless providers.

All that said, I haven't seen anything specific about 100 per day being a hard cap on Gmail. I have seen some illusions to 500 per day.

Could the send script use and account other than Gmail?

Maybe the user could store credentials for another email account in the spreadsheet?

In that case, you then have the option of using limitless providers.

All that said, I haven't seen anything specific about 100 per day being a hard cap on Gmail. I have seen some illusions to 500 per day.
I found no way to access SMTP via AppScript. They give you a way to send emails through you gmail but cap it at 100 per day for free accounts.

To be clear that limit applies only to emails sent from AppScript. Your gmail account itself is not limited to 100 emails.

Last edited:
Might be because I included myself but if not, personal link doesn’t work as it was sent as a group message but I would assume if anyone else has group mms setup, it would function the same, no?

6485F9A6-0CC7-4672-9B6C-BFCAEB15749C.png

Might be because I included myself but if not, personal link doesn’t work as it was sent as a group message but I would assume if anyone else has group mms setup, it would function the same, no?

View attachment 949504
Yup, I ran into this this week as well. The [PersonalLink] token does not work if the message is sending in "Group" mode.

I am pretty much only going to use "individual mode" for sending going forward. You can still add batches of users by status group.

That's what I was saying in my earlier post about adding everyone from the dropdown vs. looping through the group and sending individual.

In MY perfect world, sending text to groups (i.e. IN, LIKELY, UNKNOWN, ETC.) would iterate through the list of each group and do the same thing that the text to individual would do but automated.

@Al Azouri do you know how the waitlist functions as it's never been in play for my game to this point? If someone is on the list and someone changes from "IN", does the first on the waitlist get moved automatically?

That's normal behavior. I have a note about this on page 14 of the manual.

Since with Group Send the same message goes to everyone, it's impossible to include a personal link. Personal links are unique to each guest.

You're the second to report this issue, so I'll see what I can do to get the Google Sheet to give you a warning about that.

@Al Azouri do you know how the waitlist functions as it's never been in play for my game to this point? If someone is on the list and someone changes from "IN", does the first on the waitlist get moved automatically?
That would be nice. But no. At least not yet.

What it does do is track the order the we’re placed on the waitlist. So it’s easy for you to go in the spreadsheet and change someone fro waitlist to in.

That's normal behavior. I have a note about this on page 14 of the manual.

Since with Group Send the same message goes to everyone, it's impossible to include a personal link. Personal links are unique to each guest.

You're the second to report this issue, so I'll see what I can do to get the Google Sheet to give you a warning about that.
I'll dust off my coding skills and see if I can make a function that will read each group, make a list for each, and send individual texts. I'm not in season and I'm more familiar with Python than anything so it may take me a little bit lol

In MY perfect world, sending text to groups (i.e. IN, LIKELY, UNKNOWN, ETC.) would iterate through the list of each group and do the same thing that the text to individual would do but automated.
If you set the "send mode" to individual, but still select statuses to add selecting from the "groups" drop-down, you can accomplish what you are saying.

Oh brother…..kill me now
Honestly thought it was choose the method for the TO: that you are choosing.
Can you tell that I didn't read all the instructions? :p

Last edited:
Oh brother…..kill me now
Honestly thought it was choose the method for the TO: that you are choosing.
Can you tell that I didn't read all the instructions? :p

Well I did read the instructions and still missed this the first time. So don't feel too bad.

ll dust off my coding skills and see if I can make a function that will read each group, make a list for each, and send individual texts. I'm not in season and I'm more familiar with Python than anything so it may take me a little bit lol
Go for it. We’d have to make it optional though. Some have said they’d prefer tho choose who comes off the waitlist.

I'm having an issue with my table 1 filling (8 players) then when 9th signs up they go to table 1 instead of table 2. Is there a way to automate this? Are my settings wrong?

Attachments

• 1675873131594.png
    1675873131594.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 54
Interesting, would it do what you need if you set the threshold to 7? (A temporary measure.)

New to this thread, and it looks very promising. I'm excited to try it for my next game. One question, when sending a test invite to myself I saw it comes from my gmail address, is there any way to change that to just be my name?

edit: also the message arrived but I didn't see a notification pop up. Is that normal with this?

As for the pop up that’s probably something on the device. Are you sending an email or text?

Okay this thing is great! I sent it out to 19 people last night for this weekend’s game. I just keep getting updates rolling in from everyone today. All in one place. Thanks so much for putting this together!

I do have one guy who didn’t get the texted link. I wonder if he’s not setup to receive MMS messages or something. Anyone else run into this?

Okay this thing is great! I sent it out to 19 people last night for this weekend’s game. I just keep getting updates rolling in from everyone today. All in one place. Thanks so much for putting this together!

I do have one guy who didn’t get the texted link. I wonder if he’s not setup to receive MMS messages or something. Anyone else run into this?

Texts will be an on and off issue for you with the app. Tell your guys to primarily check their emails and if they do get a text great. I send both out. Also, if you run a regular game I've noticed better response if I send out the invite on a semi-regular basis (Before noon starting the week before a game and then daily after). Goodluck!

Texts will be an on and off issue for you with the app. Tell your guys to primarily check their emails and if they do get a text great. I send both out. Also, if you run a regular game I've noticed better response if I send out the invite on a semi-regular basis (Before noon starting the week before a game and then daily after). Goodluck!
Sounds good, thanks! I plan on regularly resending if I end up with lots of unknowns.

Sounds good, thanks! I plan on regularly resending if I end up with lots of unknowns.
You can easily limit the reminders to go to just the unknowns. There is also a timed send feature that will send them a message every two hours until they make a selection.

I got another idea for a feature that might be handy for people. I don’t have a set day to play, instead I ask the core players what dates would work best a week out two ahead of time and once I get enough commitments I’ll send the invite to the larger group.

Is there any way to incorporate a link to a poll through this to let people check off any of the proposed dates they can play?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom