Majestics or Pharaohs? (1 Viewer)

Lefty2215

High Hand
Reaction score
Title is pretty straight forward. I was pretty set on the Majestics but after looking at the Pharaohs more and more I'm starting to like them more and more. I like their edge spots but I also really like the Majestics. What do you guys prefer?

And yes I am going to get samples cuz I know some of you were going to say it anyway lol. Just wondering if those of you who had both of them had a preference between the 2.

China Clay Pharaohs btw

I prefer the majestics because they feel and sound closer to what I feel a clay chip should be. The Pharaohs are a little rubbery for my liking. Design wise I prefer the Majestics by a hair. Backing up this info, I have 1700 Majestics and only a sample set of the Pharaohs.

I prefer the majestics because they feel and sound closer to what I feel a clay chip should be. The Pharaohs are a little rubbery for my liking. Design wise I prefer the Majestics by a hair. Backing up this info, I have 1700 Majestics and only a sample set of the Pharaohs.
I'm still leaning towards the Majestics. I've heard good things about the feel and sound of them.

BTW I like your picture. Was actually the first chip I got when I turned 21 lol

I'm still leaning towards the Majestics. I've heard good things about the feel and sound of them.

BTW I like your picture. Was actually the first chip I got when I turned 21 lol

Thanks, I use the picture because they stole the name that I used for my game! Also the chip rocks, I love the color combo and inlay design.

Pharaohs for sure. Recently handled a sample of Majestics, and ... Pharaohs for sure.

It's always nice to have different edge spots progress through the values. But that is the only upside IMO of the pharaohs. To me the sticker on the pharaohs has piss-poor resolution and frankly make the chips look like shit. The edge spots viewed from the non cut side have a natural flow to them. They look great. Flip the chip over and the edge spots become rigid, right-angled un-natural looking abominations. The majestics with their edgespots so boring are still far and away better looking. They only two complaints I have with them (which isn't really a complaint at what they actually cost) are the bevelled edges on "some" and the blacks having un-uniform diameters.

My 2c

It's always nice to have different edge spots progress through the values. But that is the only upside IMO of the pharaohs. To me the sticker on the pharaohs has piss-poor resolution and frankly make the chips look like shit. The edge spots viewed from the non cut side have a natural flow to them. They look great. Flip the chip over and the edge spots become rigid, right-angled un-natural looking abominations. The majestics with their edgespots so boring are still far and away better looking. They only two complaints I have with them (which isn't really a complaint at what they actually cost) are the bevelled edges on "some" and the blacks having un-uniform diameters.

My 2c
I don't plan on examining the chips and taking measurements and stuff. I want something nice but don't want to spend $1 per chip. And something that's not the NexGens I have

I don't plan on examining the chips and taking measurements and stuff. I want something nice but don't want to spend $1 per chip. And something that's not the NexGens I have
I'd still go for the majestics. After you get your chips the addiction will kick in. You'll be back to get semi-custom chips. And the nice thing with these is with a little elbow grease you can remove the labels and have some made without the chip already having "Pharaoh's" stamped all around it.

Welcome to PCF..What part of SoCAl are you in??

I am a Pharaohs fan, they do have a slight rubbery feel (or something like that) but I love the color and the denoms are easy to read, I had a nice cash set that I ended up selling to one of my players at my home game and He also loves them....He is not as much of a chipper as any of us....

I was actually wondering if anyone out there has relabeled Pharoahs? I know it says Pharoah on the mold, but I don't think it would bother me with a nicer, generic label that complimented the chip.

Welcome to PCF..What part of SoCAl are you in??

I am a Pharaohs fan, they do have a slight rubbery feel (or something like that) but I love the color and the denoms are easy to read, I had a nice cash set that I ended up selling to one of my players at my home game and He also loves them....He is not as much of a chipper as any of us....
Lancaster. About an hour and a half north of LA. I'm probably gonna end up getting samples. But if I get samples it might take me 3 months to make a decision so I might just take the jump and go for one of them. Probably the Majestics.

Or the Pharaohs. I have no idea.....

Majestics all the way. These chips are great. My only issue with them has been the Black and Blue chips have some quality issues (only really visible while racked) that do take a little away from the set. The set as a whole completely overwhelms that small issue though.

Majestics all the way. These chips are great. My only issue with them has been the Black and Blue chips have some quality issues (only really visible while racked) that do take a little away from the set. The set as a whole completely overwhelms that small issue though.
What are these issues?

The best description is they are oblong (at least in my opinion and some others on the forums). This has not affected chip handling (like shuffling or cutting stacks), but I have also not gotten them into a game just yet.

The blacks and blues seem to be the only ones suffering this issue as the other colors are perfect it seems (as shown with green). If you spin the chips in the rack, new ones would be popping up and appear larger, so they are not physically bigger or anything, just oblong (i hate using the word but it fits). They are still amazing chips and maybe it bothers me a bit more due to OCD, but I would love the set that much more if they did not have the issue.

Here are a few pics:

Blacks
c7YRwRM.jpg

Blue
kqTj7jv.jpg

Green
V9oO0mU.jpg

I prefer the design of the Majestic chip over the Pharaoh's, but the feel of each is fairly similar to my stubby fingers. I say wait on your samples and decide then. Both are solid chips.

The best description is they are oblong (at least in my opinion and some others on the forums). This has not affected chip handling (like shuffling or cutting stacks), but I have also not gotten them into a game just yet.

The blacks and blues seem to be the only ones suffering this issue as the other colors are perfect it seems (as shown with green). If you spin the chips in the rack, new ones would be popping up and appear larger, so they are not physically bigger or anything, just oblong (i hate using the word but it fits). They are still amazing chips and maybe it bothers me a bit more due to OCD, but I would love the set that much more if they did not have the issue.

Here are a few pics:

Blacks
c7YRwRM.jpg

Blue
kqTj7jv.jpg

Green
V9oO0mU.jpg
Oh I see what you mean. I doubt it would bother me. I'm not really a perfectionist. If it was $2 Paulsons that's a different story. But $.30 China clays I can definitely live with that

I know what you mean. If all of the colors were like this, I could almost accept it easier though. The fact that it is only those is what bothers me a bit. I can see what they COULD have been! :)

I know what you mean. If all of the colors were like this, I could almost accept it easier though. The fact that it is only those is what bothers me a bit. I can see what they COULD have been! :)
Ya at least if they were all off they are at least all the same lol. Man I just want to skip the samples and just jump into some Majestics. I'm so impatient and I know samples will just delay it longer lol

i highly doubt you will be disappointed. if for whatever reason you are, the market for them should still be decent so you didn't take too much of a hit.

i highly doubt you will be disappointed. if for whatever reason you are, the market for them should still be decent so you didn't take too much of a hit.
Exactly. I don't see any reason I wouldn't like them but worst case scenario I'm sure I could find someone who wants them

You might want to consider PGI clays from Palm Imports, and get your own label. IMHO, Pgi china clays surpass both pharaohs and majestics. it will easily be less than $1 a chip. they sound, feel, and stack better. I shuffled the majestic sample for a while and they just don't feel good or sound good compared to pharaohs or PGI. get samples of course, but pgi>pharaohs>progen 80>majestics.

I have no experience with the Majestics but in my set of Pharaohs the one thing that bothers me the most is the difference in thickness between the green (T25) chip and all others. Dont know if this happens with all the production runs but in my set it is an issue. If you stack the chips 20 high the green stacks are about one chip shorter than all other denominations.

I have no experience with the Majestics but in my set of Pharaohs the one thing that bothers me the most is the difference in thickness between the green (T25) chip and all others. Dont know if this happens with all the production runs but in my set it is an issue. If you stack the chips 20 high the green stacks are about one chip shorter than all other denominations.

This is also the case with some of the progen 80s

Well nothing was really clear from all of this lol. I think I saw slightly more people saying Majestics than anything and I think that's the way I've been leaning from the beginning. Once I get my samples I will make the decision but right now I think I'm set on the Majestics.

This is also true of PGI's mgks...

Well nothing was really clear from all of this lol. I think I saw slightly more people saying Majestics than anything and I think that's the way I've been leaning from the beginning. Once I get my samples I will make the decision but right now I think I'm set on the Majestics.

I think this means that both options are pretty good choices for the price! But yeah, you will probably be more clear after playing a bit with the samples

I think this means that both options are pretty good choices for the price! But yeah, you will probably be more clear after playing a bit with the samples
I like the overall design of the Majestic more. It's simple but elegant I guess you can say. I really like the edge spot progression of the Pharaohs but other than that I like the Majestics design better. I just want something better than my NexGens but nothing too expensive since I'll be playing with people who won't appreciate them like I will and will almost abuse them lol

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom