Lucky Hitler Cat Club MD-50 cash set (2 Viewers)

Toby

Full House
Reaction score
Okay so the theme is not really Hitler cat -the labels are a placeholder.

I am working on a cash set on MD-50 (with a poss migration to Scroll if MD-50 is pulled from prod).

Denoms are 25c / $1 / $5 / $25 /$100 /$500

The higher denoms are to enable the set to support tourney primarily.

Here's where I'm at with base colors/spots:

download9_zps7e825e3e.png

Two options for the $25 I'm chewing over.

The $100 is a Redbelly, so overlay the Light Blue on the DG Pink.

I quite fancy a Lavender base for the $500 but am fully prepared to scrap in favor of other suggestions, likewise the spots.

With respect to theme, a few preliminary ideas:
  • a monster or Hallowe'en theme
  • 4 tuna (combining a fish theme with a pun on the Roman goddess of chance)
  • something 'beat' with a graphic style along the line of Jim Flora's art
  • something around 'gambol', a popular mantra with the Black Cats
If you have any suggestions, thoughts, feelings on base colors, spots, or theme, fire in!

Cheers,

Toby

PS I did all this on mobile so if it looks rubbish on desktop pls let me know and I'll redo the mockups at home later on.

Last edited:
The 6D18 green chip is incredible. It's so nice, IMO, that it makes the rest of the chips just "meh" to me. I am having a hard time visualizing the $100 but it looks like it could be a winner too.

Yeah that's a concern. Which version of the $25?

I think the 25c will be just fine maybe but the others will look dull.

I think the $100 will stand up okay but yeah the $1 and $5 need some tlc... :)

Last edited:
I'm thinking the inlay will be color matched - any comments on the accuracy of results when going that route?

Do the inlays match the base color closely or is the difference noticeable?

I really dig Ben's $1 Via Lactea. Might investigate similar, although I've not had much luck with the 3T316

The 6D18 green chip is incredible.

^^this. Love the lower version of the $25.

But lol Lucky Hitler Cat!

I'd suggest a light blue dollar for more contrast and an excuse to use maroon.

Changed the $500 also. Lovin' the rest! And the black inlays look striking with these.

luckyhitler1.jpg

Sorry that was the wrong base for the Redbelly with the DG pink spots.

Here's:an approximation mocked up on me Android phone:

download8_zpsb71c8c13.gif

The base spot pattern is 4S18

love the way things are coming together, Toby. but i gotta know the story behind the lucky hitler cat :)

OP updated with correct Black/DG Pink spot config for the Redbelly

love the way things are coming together, Toby. but i gotta know the story behind the lucky hitler cat :)

I was just larking about, Jack!

I was experimenting with using a couplecof Android apps to mock uo crude level 7+ spots.

Found I could do that using Eraser and Photo Editor (which is how I did the Redbelly above). Crude but it gives you an idea of how it'll look. And it helps pass the train commute!

This all predated the shiny new CPC/PCF/J5 tool.

It was in part influenced by my research into luck, which included reading about maneki-neko, and watching some Danger 5!

^^this. Love the lower version of the $25.

But lol Lucky Hitler Cat!

I'd suggest a light blue dollar for more contrast and an excuse to use maroon.

Changed the $500 also. Lovin' the rest! And the black inlays look striking with these.

View attachment 10782

That's a cracking $500, Chris. Dig that the most. :)

I'll do some revised mocks tomorrow and get both into the lineup, see how they feel.

v1_zpsf4f8fc90.png

I did a quick and dirty PS of the Redbelly (one handed, while holding the baby [don't tell my wife!]).

Retro Lavender or Lavender for the courage chip?

I will try and do additional lineups with a Light Blue variant later on...

Inlay

Attachments

• IMG_20150304_070833.jpg
    IMG_20150304_070833.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 887
v1_zpsf4f8fc90.png

I did a quick and dirty PS of the Redbelly (one handed, while holding the baby [don't tell my wife!]).

Retro Lavender or Lavender for the courage chip?

I will try and do additional lineups with a Light Blue variant later on...

I like the Lavendar chip; I love the Retro Lavendar chip.

Love the quarter - both the colors and the spot pattern.

On the 1 - light and dayglo green are awfully close to each other, particularly in small swaths. Unless you're dead set on that specific palette and pattern, I'd suggest either dropping the green stripe in between the two or switching either light green or dayglo green to something else. I think the blue/green spot combo works, although I do much prefer the original 1.

Like the 5 and the hundo.

The only chip I don't care for at all is the $25, but that's a personal preference vs. critical review - I've never cared for the green/yellow combo.

Will these be denominated, or will the color simply imply the denom?

These'll be denominated yah.

I like both Lavenders but do dig the Retro.

I like the yellows as a spot color too much - it goes well with Blue; it goes well with Mandarin Red; I like it with the Greens; with Black; and with the Purple/Lavender chips!

In an earlier version of the mockups, the $5 spots are Saturn. But I can't use yellow on all chips!!!

I like the retro and the lavender $500. Depends on the hundo color, which you changed lol.

Don't care for the close close-matching green on the dollar tho.

Can do yellow on almost all chips, copy Samurai Palace scheme. I may try later!

Love where this is going. LOVE that maroon $100.

All the chips are great, but IMO it feels like the $1 and $5 just don't have the same flair as the rest of the set. I've got no suggestions, just feel like they could be improve to fit with the other chips somehow.

I failed to spot I'd made the $100 Maroon. It was supposed to be Black!

I'll create a couple of lineups with Maroon and Black options. I'm gonna try reversing the spot colors on the $100 too, see what that looks like...

Love where this is going. LOVE that maroon $100.

All the chips are great, but IMO it feels like the $1 and $5 just don't have the same flair as the rest of the set. I've got no suggestions, just feel like they could be improve to fit with the other chips somehow.

Yeah I need to try out some more options for the $1 and the $5 chips I reckon. :)

I'm trying to settle on a $100 before moving on to finalise the $1. Poss the $5. I like stocky's $5 standalone but am wondering if it's a little busy in situ?

Cast votes for a $100:

Black with DG Pink/Light Blue "Redbelly":

black-100-dgp-lb.png

Black with Light Blue/DG Pink "Redbelly":

black-100-lb-dgp.png

Maroon with DG Pink/Light Blue "Redbelly":

maroon-100-dgp-lb.png

Maroon with Light Blue/DG Pink "Redbelly":

maroon-100-lb-sgp.png

Thoughts?

I love the original maroon but black is great also. I think the blue needs to be the middle spot though either way you go for the base

Here's the problem.

This looks best to me:

Maroon with Light Blue/DG Pink "Redbelly"

But it looks best with the maneki neko cat.

With a different inlays, I'm quite sure my decision would be different.

You can only go so far with a 'temporary' inlay design, because it will influence the spot and color choices.

Yeah I'll be rechecking everything once the artwork's in place but I'm just getting an idea of colors and spots right now.

stocky's $5 spot pattern would work great on the $500.... it's a little busy in the 5 slot. 312 might work better there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom