Looking to Purchase Claysmith 12 Stripe chips to Re-Label (1 Viewer)

Dynasty417

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Looking to purchase 1400 (12 Stripe) Claysmith Poker chips to customize with my own labels as per the image below. What problems will I encounter if I place the label over the current label for the desert heat chips? What will be the best way to approach a project like this. I designed the labels myself and will probably use Gear or Sticker Mule for the prints of these labels. Your thoughts would be helpful. Thank you!

Claysmith-DPC.png

You can get unlabeled Claysmiths. I would get samples of the chips and some labels to test first to make sure the labels fit well in the recess.

If you’re not married to the idea of Claysmiths, you could get cards mold custom ceramics with your design during one of the group buys here for around .40/chip, but it’s likely a few month wait for your chips. If you have it shipped direct, it may be in the .50-.55/chip range.

Last edited:
You get unlabeled 12 stripe Claysmith chips on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Claysmith-Ga...6IjMuMTgifQ==&sprefix=claysmi,aps,189&sr=8-18

Tiny piece of advise here. I originally wanted to do exactly what you are talking about. I got 3000 of those chips. My daughter has them now, because, honestly, they kinda suck and she wanted something and didn't have capital to invest in a chip set. If you have a design ready, it would be significantly better to get custom ceramics.

Agree with the two posts above. Once you factor in the cost of labels you're probably better off with ceramics.

But to answer your specific question about applying labels over the existing labels, don't do it. Either buy them unlabeled or remove the existing labels. (Not sure if all colors are available to purchase without labels). They pop off easily with an Exacto knife. Also, you may want to consider adjusting the color lineup to avoid dirty stack issues. In my lighting, the brown, red, and purple are way too similar. Definite dirty stack issues with the brown quarters and red $5s.

Finally, as someone who owns exactly 1400 of these chips, take a look around the forum for discussions of chip breakdowns for the stakes and style (cash/tourney) of games you play. You might find a better breakdown that allows you to get a better quality chip within the same budget.

Welcome to PCF!
20221101_164642.jpg
20221101_164609.jpg

Finally, as someone who owns exactly 1400 of these chips, take a look around the forum for discussions of chip breakdowns for the stakes and style (cash/tourney) of games you play. You might find a better breakdown that allows you to get a better quality chip within the same budget.
This.
1,400 chips is a lot unless you're running a 3 table tournament. You could likely get a cash game AND tournament set for a single table with 1,400 chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom