Looking to get custom chips made, a few questions (2 Viewers)

Thanks allforcharity,
my own CPC set is a solid clays without any edge spots etc. Five colors, 500 pcs. If I remember right, total costs was (10 years ago) about 500-600 euros inc s/h plus custom fees to Finland. Design is classy, but at least I like it a lot.
If I then had enough money, and make it all again today, maybe I want it with edge spots too, maybe. I had to make a line somewhere, or how do you say it :)
Anyways I post images when I´m back in home on next week.

@allforcharity Hi. Now i have a pic of my CPC set. Which thread should be ok to add it..
We love chip pics, post it almost anywhere. Post it right here!

Regarding your friends chiplab chips...do they have any injection mold dots on the edges? Id love to see a photo of the side of a barrel or two

@Frogzilla Okay, here it is :)
The Baker´s Poker Room - Helsinki, Finland. 500 pcs set made by CPC about 10 yrs ago.
Very classy inlay design (simple as designer - me...), without edge spots for saving extra costs. But actually i think this inlay don't need anymore surroundings?

All opinions are welcome.

TheBakers-CPC.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. Simple and classy. Custom colours with clear denoms.

The only way I could see it improved would be if it could have been done on the Large Crown mold (which wasn't available those many years ago). Well done!

So, you'll be needing a cash set, then... :tup:

The Baker´s Poker Room - Helsinki, Finland. 500 pcs set made by CPC about 10 yrs ago.
Very classy inlay design (simple as designer - me...), without edge spots for saving extra costs. But actually i think this inlay don't need anymore surroundings?

View attachment 385329
These are fantastic!

View attachment 385329

Absolutely love this set! The inlay design is right up my alley. Question, what font sizes did you use for the text?

@RoyalBluff Thank you very much! I'm glad that you asked font size, i had to find old working files. And now i also know that my chips are from September 2010.
Anyways smallest font size is only 3.3 pt (Helsinki • Finland). Thanks to CPC print quality, all text are readable.
Crown, which is from Shutterstock, contain lot of small details which aren't shown on chip - of course, but overall appearance is nice.

BPR-inlay.jpg

@RoyalBluff Thank you very much! I'm glad that you asked font size, i had to find old working files. And now i also know that my chips are from September 2010.
Anyways smallest font size is only 3.3 pt (Helsinki • Finland). Thanks to CPC print quality, all text are readable.
Crown, which is from Shutterstock, contain lot of small details which aren't shown on chip - of course, but overall appearance is nice.

View attachment 385389
Wow I'm amazed that a font that small is still legible. I've been working on a similar design and it actually resembles yours. I'm concerned that "Card Room" at 13pt won't show up nicely.

1577667447500.png
1577667540816.png

@RoyalBluff What software do you use for design? Sounds like your artboard is not 1:1 size, is it 1 or 7/8 inch?. Even thought there is small difference which font do you use, but difference can't be not that much. I think that your font real size is about 4pt, if artboard is 1:1.

Hey, Mark, why not replace the "u" in Deuce with a 2, since you've already replaced the "v" in Seven with a 7?

I thought about that but it didn’t look quite right. The “7” looks like a “V” sideways but the “2” looked more like an “R” instead of a “U”. Nice idea though.

Regarding your friends chiplab chips...do they have any injection mold dots on the edges? Id love to see a photo of the side of a barrel or two

@Frogzilla Now i saw those ChipLabs - 10 minutes short meeting with my friend.
Have to say that because they are cheaper than CPCs, it also look and feel like it.
I can´t say about edge injections, i forgot to look it. Maybe you should order samples and check out.

pskp-chiplabs.jpg

How do CPC clay chips stack up against Paulson's? Is there a noticeable quality difference?
Both are very high-quality products. Just different, being made by different companies using different materials, processes, and equipment.

Get samples.

How do CPC clay chips stack up against Paulson's? Is there a noticeable quality difference?
Paulsons feel and sound different--many say better--but they're not necessarily higher quality. IMO, the advantage Paulsons have over CPC's is variety of colors and edgespots. The major advantage CPC's have over Paulsons is they are the only fully-custom clay chips available in the world.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom