Looking for examples of bright white CPC (3 Viewers)

rjdev7

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone have a custom bright white (main color) chip from CPC they could post an image of? I’m trying to see what it looks like compared to standard white and if it’s worth the $.50 premium.

Thanks!

worth the upgrade if you aren’t ordering a very large amount of them! So much brighter of a color.

B1666911-FC3A-4244-9248-9074A0196D9F.jpeg

And regular for comparison. But these are older ASM for reference.

6C336CE2-A5EB-46AF-ADE6-B23C515231C7.jpeg

Yeah there's no comparison. I made the mistake the first time I ordered and got standard white. Second time around I made sure I got bright white and it was definitely worth it.

Last edited:
ATHENIAN_OWL_CLUB_0337.jpg

ATHENIAN_OWL_CLUB_0337.jpg

It's certainly worth the premium if you 've already established yourself as Host Nazi:p
Which means: All @ssholes (sorry: players) should wash their hands after dinner break, to keep the white really bright:D
The bright whites you see here have already been re-denominated T100, waiting for their T500 Lavender siblings:)
The DG Peach w Retro Blue ones will remain un-denominated, ready to serve as either 1K or 2K.
If playing with minors, farmers and other hard-to-manage population, I 'd stick with filthy plain non-bright white:D

Attachments

• ATHENIAN_OWL_CLUB_0353.jpg
    ATHENIAN_OWL_CLUB_0353.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 97
I think if you are doing a a retro themed set, or antique looking set, white works better. @Mr Tree used white on his hundred, and it is perfect. Bright white on his set would be out of place. I think it all depends on your other base colors and inlay.

That being said, bright white is a must if you have other DG base colors and you want white

Last edited:
Does anyone have a custom bright white (main color) chip from CPC they could post an image of? I’m trying to see what it looks like compared to standard white and if it’s worth the $.50 premium.

Thanks!
It sounds like you don't have a CPC colour sample set otherwise you wouldn't have asked this question. So the correct answer is... get samples!:)

Can bright white be ordered as the base color without the upcharge? Or would it be too dirty, so CPC refuses to do it?

I don't understand this question.
It had been a while since I read the CPC page. I was going from memory, and it was unclear to me. I wasn't sure if bright white could be used as the base without the upcharge, or if that only applies to edgespots.

From their site:

Bright White is inherently difficult to work with as it gets contaminated so easily. It therefore carries a premium of 53c a chip, regardless of chip style, for either body or spot color.

From their site:

Bright White is inherently difficult to work with as it gets contaminated so easily. It therefore carries a premium of 53c a chip, regardless of chip style, for either body or spot color.
Bright White edge spots with more noticeable/visible (but still slight/only minor) impurities are available for no premium.

I looked at some pictures from the old custom chips thread and saw some white chips that over time had gotten transfer from their spot colors (darker colors like brown/black, etc).

Has anyone found this to be the case for chips with white body colors?

Conversely, are white spots also more prone to color transfer?

Thanks =)

@Trihonda: How many hours of play would you estimate that your white chips have seen at the time of this picture?

Probably not many hours at all... why? Don’t stress about the time in play, or wear and tear... CPC chips hold up fairly well. Get chips you like, use the chips, enjoy for a lifetime (or two).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom