Lodge live stream security (3 Viewers)

Wait what is leading you to conclude that the production team (aka backend) has hole card access?

Fair to say he meant "in realtime"
the fact that he was able to walk from the commentary booth into the live hand to do the clock. That means that his commentary (with hole cards) was happening during the live hand

the fact that he was able to walk from the commentary booth into the live hand to do the clock. That means that his commentary (with hole cards) was happening during the live hand
Yes that I agree is extremely suspect. I am making a distinction between "commentary booth" and "backend team".

Considering where they're playing, it seems really stupid to open yourself up to pissing off the authorities when it's already suspect if these games are even legal.

Yes that I agree is extremely suspect. I am making a distinction between "commentary booth" and "backend team".
The short message he posted today has enough wiggle room to be technically true but extremely misleading (especially given the context of my post), but the version he relayed on Joey ingrams podcast has no such wiggle room. Clip in post #1
“with our setup specifically, there are no hole cards anywhere for anyone. There isn’t a way for cards to be relayed, it’s just not possible.””

The short message he posted today has enough wiggle room to be technically true but extremely misleading (especially given the context of my post), but the version he relayed on Joey ingrams podcast has no such wiggle room. Clip in post #1
“with our setup specifically, there are no hole cards anywhere for anyone. There isn’t a way for cards to be relayed, it’s just not possible.””
Clearly he means in real time. Otherwise cards-up commentary would not be possible.

Clearly he means in real time. Otherwise cards-up commentary would not be possible.
Yes I understand. His statement today specified back-end team cannot see hole cards (real time), I think that it could be construed to extend to commentators but maybe not.
But his statement on Joey’s podcast was stronger and said no one could see hole cards.

Yes I understand. His statement today specified back-end team cannot see hole cards (real time), I think that it could be construed to extend to commentators but maybe not.
But his statement on Joey’s podcast was stronger and said no one could see hole cards.
I meant his statement on Joey's podcast. He clearly meant "in real time" there.

But to be clear, my opinion, under the best of assumptions:
  1. If the backend/production team has no access to hole cards at all, full stop,
  2. And the commentators have access to the stream on a delay,
then something is very fishy unless the delay is only four minutes in which case the players are not protected.

I meant his statement on Joey's podcast. He clearly meant "in real time" there.

But to be clear, my opinion, under the best of assumptions:
  1. If the backend/production team has no access to hole cards at all, full stop,
  2. And the commentators have access to the stream on a delay,
then something is very fishy unless the delay is only four minutes in which case the players are not protected.
Yep we are on same page. Would be very interesting to see what explanation he responds with.

Also noticed that the S4Y podcast goes live in an hour and a half, and from the thumbnail looks like they plan to discuss the hand. Curious if this dimension gets brought up.

Edit- here is his claim on 2+2. It doesn’t jive with the clip much at all.

IMG_0516.jpeg

Yeah, that's sus as shit.

Any whale punting 6 figures in these streams, if they actually have that in play, is a moron. These streams can be too easily fixed to create drama and ratings.

Possible explanation (this is being discussed on the DGAF discord):

If you go back 1/2-hour before the hand started, Doug isn't commentating. So he could have gotten word during the hand that it was going long, intervened, and then joined the commentary booth to discuss the hand.

Update: Doug welcomed back into the booth at 4:37:40.

Last edited:
Possible explanation (this is being discussed on the DGAF discord):

If you go back 1/2-hour before the hand started, Doug isn't commentating. So he could have gotten word during the hand that it was going long, intervened, and then joined the commentary booth to discuss the hand.

Update: Doug welcomed back into the booth at 4:37:40.
If true, 4:53 - 4:56 had some impeccable acting. Listen to it again 4:53 - 4:56. Including the co-commentator. Tell me if you buy it. And then the next question is why pretend to be doing live commentary, that’s weird.

If true, 4:53 - 4:56 had some impeccable acting. Listen to it again 4:53 - 4:56. Including the co-commentator. Tell me if you buy it. And then the next question is why pretend to be doing live commentary, that’s weird.
I totally agree! And why be so elliptical about it on the 2+2 thread.

As for the commentator saying at 4:56 "Doug has left the booth, for the integrity of the game, make sure we don't hit the delay" . . . Doug may actually have left the booth at that point, even though we know they are talking about game protection that occurred earlier in time.

I’m an idiot, how would a delay ever catch up? Is the delay time not fixed?
If the delay is 5 minutes and a hand lasts more than 5 minutes, it would be caught up. All a cheater would need is a confederate of some type to send him the opponent's cards shown on stream.

Not saying it happened, but that's why the stream delay is important. When tanking is egregious enough to be 15+ minutes, you're starting to eat up that delay.

I totally agree! And why be so elliptical about it on the 2+2 thread.

As for the commentator saying at 4:56 "Doug has left the booth, for the integrity of the game, make sure we don't hit the delay" . . . Doug may actually have left the booth at that point, even though we know they are talking about game protection that occurred earlier in time.
If we go with the doug only went in the booth after being in the main room theory, do we have to assume that he left the booth when he did so that he wouldn't be both in the booth and out on the floor at the same time? but again if that's the case why all the charades? something is not adding up

But then when he goes in the room they ask him about who has what and his answer is "we don't have cards so i don't know"

Can someone summarize this thread/ ELI5 this thread to me?

From what I understand, the controversy is that Doug left the room after Airball mega tanks, purportedly to tell the booth to delay the graphics of either players cards from appearing on the livestream, as Airballs’ tank was approaching the livestream delay.

Is the controversy that A) Doug’s statements on the delay previously don’t match his actions, B) Doug could have theoretically seen Airballs’ hole cards from the graphics team which he employs, or C) both/ neither?

Sorry, but this thread is confusing.

He didn't leave to delay the graphics, he left to tell Airball he needed to act. The controversy is that it looked like he left the commentator booth and went straight to the game in progress, leaving at most 4-minutes for a delay for the commentators to see hole cards. However in hindsight it was just being tricky to avoid appearing on the stream simultaneously twice and also wanting to commentate on the hand once he knew it was a long tank.

Some Q+A between @Frogzilla and Doug on 2+2 here: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/...lodge-containment-thread-1801056/index27.html

For those who don't want to scroll through the link:
1710880020392.png

I'm surprised they acted like it was live but i guess you don't want to focus people's attention on it being delayed.

So when Airball went into the tank the stream stopped? How does it catch up to the delay if the stream if its still rolling?

Doesnt the backend need the hole cards to fix misreads from the rifd readers?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom