Lodge live stream security (2 Viewers)

So when Airball went into the tank the stream stopped? How does it catch up to the delay if the stream if its still rolling?

Doesnt the backend need the hole cards to fix misreads from the rifd readers?
No the stream didn't stop. They were forcing him to act before the stream would get to the start of the hand and thus the whole world would know what he had while the hand was still live. The backend apparently has the hole cards but on a 30 minute delay.

So,
When we watch this particular stream, what we see is the combination of (working backwards)

1. The production team adding hole cards and other graphics to the video feed that they've multi-cam edited so that we see the final result. The hole card content is given to them 30 minutes after it happens

2. The commentating of the hand that the commentators are seeing in the booth. This feed is from content that happened 5 minutes after it happened live

3. The live action happening in realtime. Players are the only people who know their own cards 0:00 delay

Can someone confirm that the above info is correct? I'll update the post if anything needs to be changed. I need to think about it the way it's laid out for it to make sense to me.

Edit: Updated to reflect correct info

Last edited:
The 5 minute delay isn’t a thing. They have a 30 minute delay. The video is inconsistent with them having a delay, it implies that the commentators are commentating realtime. Realtime commentating directly goes against security claims the Lodge has made.

on 2+2, Polk claimed that they were faking it being real time in the video as to be a better stream. They wanted to give the illusion of it being live while explicitly mentioning the delay. Does that make sense, no, of course not, that’s ridiculous. But is it something someone might not realize is stupid if they are coming up with an off-the-cuff strategy to broadcast an exciting hand, maybe. Even probably. I feel much less concerned than when I made the thread.

The 5 minute delay isn’t a thing. They have a 30 minute delay. The video is inconsistent with them having a delay, it implies that the commentators are commentating realtime. Realtime commentating directly goes against security claims the Lodge has made.

on 2+2, Polk claimed that they were faking it being real time in the video as to be a better stream. They wanted to give the illusion of it being live while explicitly mentioning the delay. Does that make sense, no, of course not, that’s ridiculous. But is it something someone might not realize is stupid if they are coming up with an off-the-cuff strategy to broadcast an exciting hand, maybe. Even probably. I feel much less concerned than when I made the thread.
Ok makes sense. Updating my previous message to reflect this.

I agree if you think about it TOO much, it all falls apart and isn't a great strategy. But most people watching are aware that it's on a delay, but it's not really at the forefront of their mind, so i can see how Doug would think it makes a more exciting stream to keep the illusion of basically being live, even if they have to mention that they're actually delayed in the process. It certainly made it more confusing for us though.

Perhaps I'm naïve but, this seems like a lot nonsense to me. Everyone knows that it's a tape-delay, they're not faking anything. I don't watch all too regularly, but as a casual fan I have always been under the impression that the commentary and graphics package were rendered live (or close to it). Doug's statement on 2+2 to me, seems reflect that -- again as a casual observer I view his statement more as an acknowledgement of his broadcast team and the work they do to make it a somewhat compelling show.

While I agree with the overall notion of a owner dominating his game is concerning, and I wouldn't want to play those nosebleed stakes with RFID readers, this particular instance seems overblown.

Perhaps I'm naïve but, this seems like a lot nonsense to me. Everyone knows that it's a tape-delay, they're not faking anything. I don't watch all too regularly, but as a casual fan I have always been under the impression that the commentary and graphics package were rendered live (or close to it). Doug's statement on 2+2 to me, seems reflect that -- again as a casual observer I view his statement more as an acknowledgement of his broadcast team and the work they do to make it a somewhat compelling show.

While I agree with the overall notion of an owner dominating his game is concerning, and I wouldn't want to play those nosebleed stakes with RFID readers, this particular instance seems overblown.

Their claim is they faked the “leaving the booth to force a clock on airball” stunt in order to appear more live. They claim it was a pretend ruse and so it doesn’t expose a security risk. If those claims are nonsense there is indeed a big security risk.

as a casual fan I have always been under the impression that the commentary and graphics package were rendered live (or close to it)
I don't know how the rendering is done, but Doug has stated repeatedly that the commentators are on a delay and that nobody has access to the real-time hole card information. (He said nobody has access to hole cards period, but we all know he meant real-time.)

Nobody should tank for even 5 minutes let alone pushing 30 minutes.
I know it's for a lot of money but what on earth does someone gain running through the hand that many times? I wonder if he was doing it just to needle/angle a read or something.

Literally .001% of the stakes these guys are at but if someone tanked for 5 minutes at my game my buddies would be giving them shit about it.

I know it's for a lot of money but what on earth does someone gain running through the hand that many times? I wonder if he was doing it just to needle/angle a read or something.

Literally .001% of the stakes these guys are at but if someone tanked for 5 minutes at my game my buddies would be giving them shit about it.
It’s a fair question, especially because it’s Airball. I could have it wrong because I actually avoid watching this idiot whenever possible but he’s always stuck me as the impulsive “I don’t care about money” kind of guy. Doesn’t a 15 minute tank seem way out of character for him? Was this the first time he was actually playing his own money?

but as a casual fan I have always been under the impression that the commentary and graphics package were rendered live (or close to it)
You thinking that way is by design, it says LIVE in the title and they want people to be enraptured by the action. They want you to feel like you're part of a community of mooks watching along with it, that's also why commentators engage with chat. They want you to think the hands are happening THAT SECOND AND DON'T LOOK AWAY AND LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE lol.

Not saying its right or wrong but its very common marketing. The delay and "live" commentary, with the speakers experiencing the playback at the same time as the viewer is a normal way of doing it.

It’s a fair question, especially because it’s Airball. I could have it wrong because I actually avoid watching this idiot whenever possible but he’s always stuck me as the impulsive “I don’t care about money” kind of guy. Doesn’t a 15 minute tank seem way out of character for him? Was this the first time he was actually playing his own money?
You're both right, but I don't see him doing this analytically, I saw it as him doing it to pick something up on Tesla. Tesla is a whale, even more so than Airball. 10+ mins is absolutely egregious, but for a pot the size of a house I'm tanking a bit and hoping Tesla says or does some dumb shit and I don't see that as an angle.

edit: Not going to dig too deep, but from what I remember Airball says "Whatcha got, Tesla?" after walking through the hand and saying the words "call" and "fold" in the sentence, glancing at him. Tesla says "A hope and a prayer, man." while sitting calmly, bouncing his foot with one leg draped over his lab. He looks 100% comfortable, I've never seen an amateur look THAT comfortable while bluffing. Its much easier when its not my money on the line and I've never played for the cost of a house, but if I was on the fence, c'mon now. Tesla knows he's not losing money here, he answers all kinds of questions. Airball gotta read Elwood lol. Its different if its a pro we've watched for decades but this isn't Dnegs or something.

Last edited:
edit: Not going to dig too deep, but from what I remember Airball says "Whatcha got, Tesla?" after walking through the hand and saying the words "call" and "fold" in the sentence, glancing at him. Tesla says "A hope and a prayer, man." while sitting calmly, bouncing his foot with one leg draped over his lab. He looks 100% comfortable, I've never seen an amateur look THAT comfortable while bluffing. Its much easier when its not my money on the line and I've never played for the cost of a house, but if I was on the fence, c'mon now. Tesla knows he's not losing money here, he answers all kinds of questions. Airball gotta read Elwood lol. Its different if its a pro we've watched for decades but this isn't Dnegs or something.
Fwiw, Tesla did something very similar in a hand against Doug that was pretty viral... and he absolutely DIDN'T have it.

The guy is a loose cannon, so i can see why Airball struggled to find the right fold.

Fwiw, Tesla did something very similar in a hand against Doug that was pretty viral... and he absolutely DIDN'T have it.

The guy is a loose cannon, so i can see why Airball struggled to find the right fold.
Very fair, impossible for me to not be results oriented and I shouldn't just look at one clip. I dont watch enough of this guy.

If I'm going to try and be unbiased and try not to know what he has: youre right, getting up from the table and sitting like that tells me comfort. Rocking is self soothing or could just be habit.

Fake laugh and staring at the ground at 19:12 is really obvious nerves, could just be big pot. 18:45 or so too, lots of staring, big gulp, and fake little laughs. Only chance I would have. He looks more comfortable when it comes to head movement and his answers in the OP vid. But again, this game is too easy when we see the cards. I'm going to try and look up some hands where I cover the screen or something, would love to see.

Good call though, hes wild.

Last edited:
Very fair, impossible for me to not be results oriented and I shouldn't just look at one clip. I dont watch enough of this guy.

If I'm going to try and be unbiased and try not to know what he has: youre right, getting up from the table and sitting like that tells me comfort. Rocking is self soothing or could just be habit.

Fake laugh and staring at the ground at 19:12 is really obvious nerves, could just be big pot. 18:45 or so too, lots of staring, big gulp, and fake little laughs. Only chance I would have. He looks more comfortable when it comes to head movement and his answers in the OP vid. But again, this game is too easy when we see the cards. I'm going to try and look up some hands where I cover the screen or something, would love to see.

Good call though, hes wild.
The crazy thing with him is the hands where he just shoves all in on the turn drawing completely dead. The guy is an absolute maniac.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom