LIST OF FOODS THAT PROJECT POKER STRENGTH (1 Viewer)

S tier/most strength: Apple. You take a chunk out of it with your teeth while still making eye contact with your enemies, and they can see the resulting damage. Intimidating fruit.
Eating a banana would make the threat much more personal.

What about Lucky Charms moons? But only in groups of three, or Tri-moons as some around here say. :cool

1670076207173.png

There are a couple situations but they start with the subject being otherwise incapacitated.

Whoa whoa whoa we are talking about food at the poker table. Nobody’s getting their head cut off no matter how funny it may seem at the time

Whoa whoa whoa we are talking about food at the poker table. Nobody’s getting their head cut off no matter how funny it may seem at the time
I said incapacitated, not decapitated.

Here’s an example:

I drink 27 Palomas at a meetup. I’m going to be incapacitated. I won’t be decapitated. I will be there the next day, albeit late.

S tier: Fugu. If you're willing to risk death for a snack, how far will you go to see a showdown?
Yep. Especially if you start slicing that yourself.

It's probably a powermove to bring your own fish slicing utensils to a poker game let alone having the nerve to cut that fish yourself... and then eating it.

I'm switching tables.

A tier - Sardines from a can. Smells bad, just strange, obviously required some preparation to acquire and bring said can. Consuming whole former life forms is very intimidating.

B tier - "Stabby" shaped pasta, e.g. rigatoni.

D tier - Chicken strips. Easy to eat while playing cards, but it's a child's food meant for a child. You child.

F tier - "Twirly" or "Slurpy" shaped pasta, e.g. spaghetti.

S Tier: Eating a hot dog sandwich in one bite looking directly into the eyes of the villain as you bluff check raise them. Says "I'm a straight American red blooded male that enjoys red meat but I will literally bite your dick off like this if you call me".

We all know you can't be loosey goosey, eating a sandwich. Accordingly, I am seeking a list of acceptable foods and unacceptable foods at the poker table. What foods project strength while eating it most at a poker table, and what foods project the most weakness?

I'll start.

S tier/most strength: Apple. You take a chunk out of it with your teeth while still making eye contact with your enemies, and they can see the resulting damage. Intimidating fruit.

A tier: Ice. Frozen water crunches, which causes hesitance in nearby players.

B tier: Shelled peanuts. Messy as f$%k. Projects a maniac image, which you can take advantage of. You have to crack them with your fingers, which shows both fine motor skills and knuckle strength - both key factors in peeking at cards over a long poker career.

C tier: Potato chips in a small bag. You have to make a weird claw to pluck individual chips out of the bag. It's a little froofy and should be avoided.

D tier: Trail mix. Too nutritious, makes it appear you care what you look like and aren't property prioritizing poker.

F tier: Hot tea. You slightly slurp/vacu-suck the first test sip in case it is hot, but that's the audio version of a donk bet out of position. The hot tea drinker gets raised every time.
Just hilarious!

What a way to start my day, with this read.

Great post mate!

Have Uber Eats bring you something from the finest restaurant in town. Something like "goat liver and roasted pear with leeks and saffron". It should cost $100 or more with delivery and tip. Then absolutely smash it. Just shove it all into your mouth, like your're trying to avoid tasting it. Wash it down with a Monster and straddle to 20 big blinds, regardless of your position.

Not sure if this qualifies but it is food+poker strength related:

I hosted 9 players last week and one of them took the lead ordering 2 large pizzas for the group. After ordering pizza (which he himself was very interested in eating) the player was involved in a massive pot in which he ended up shoving the river.

I was a spectator in the hand - I started thinking about possible hands and ranges etc, before the alarm went off in my head: THE GUY WHO JUST ORDERED AND IS WAITING FOR PIZZA IS NEVER BLUFFING.

I was right. I think he coolered a straight and won one of the biggest pots of the night. He later enjoyed the pizza.

Chips.

Not potato or tortilla chips, though. Poker chips.

Any player who is willing to eat a $100 chip at the table obviously doesn't give a damn about money, and I won't tangle with him without the stone cold nuts.

I usually steer clear of people eating amphetamines at the table.

Edit: or Flintstone vitamins

Last edited:
S Tier: Eating a hot dog sandwich in one bite looking directly into the eyes of the villain as you bluff check raise them. Says "I'm a straight American red blooded male that enjoys red meat but I will literally bite your dick off like this if you call me".
I had a guy at Foxwoods flip his bail papers ontop of the pot after shoving on me. Got me to fold TPTK (I was absolutely calling otherwise). He had jumped bail, and he was very large, and very angry.

I had a guy at Foxwoods flip his bail papers ontop of the pot after shoving on me. Got me to fold TPTK (I was absolutely calling otherwise). He had jumped bail, and he was very large, and very angry.
I think I remember reading this story. Is this the same one where he passed the note to you saying something to the degree of "I skipped bail, whatever happens tonight, happens", followed by a growl to fold?

Yeah, I'm not a big man. I'd fold and rack up ASAP.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom