Lightning Strikes (7 Viewers)

k9dr

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I will be using this thread to follow the Tampa Bay Lightning's quest for the Stanley Cup. I hope it's a long and successful journey.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429223584.749040.jpg

Good luck, Mark. I have a soft spot for the Lightning but admittedly my well wishes only go so far.

Just saw the Rangers score :28 into game 1 vs. the Penguins. Suck it, Crosby.

I thought about putting a big Red Wings logo in your thread Mark but decided against it for two reasons: One, you love the Lightnings too much and it would be too mean of my part, Two, they are my second team since, as you know, I have an ever soft spot for "19C"... May the best team win! Fair? What about just a little: "Let's Go Red Wings!"? ;)

Have fun and enjoy the game Mark!

Last edited:
Good Luck, and I hope you enjoy the games!!

Wouldn't it be awesome if the lighting swept the season series against the habs only to be swept again by these same habs in the playoffs?

I guess we should wait for our teams to hopefully win their respective first rounds before engaging in chirps.

Good luck

Definitely not the result I was hoping for. Usually when you outshoot a team 46-14 you end up with a win. Unfortunately, our goaltending let us down tonight. Oh well, still a well played game and, if we keep playing like this, I like our chances.

Usually when you outshoot a team 46-14 you end up with a win. Unfortunately, our goaltending let us down tonight. Oh well, still a well played game and, if we keep playing like this, I like our chances.

Agree completely Mark... The Wings stole one blind... Don't see the series going too far if the games continue to be so one-sided... I expect the Wings to play a bit better today but I also expect Bishop to redeem himself... Mrazek was super solid, I hope he continues to be... Poker good luck man! ;)

Getting ready for game 2. Hoping for another strong effort. Need Bishop to be better and Stamkos to not turn the puck over.

I agree Poulo - I expect a tighter checking game. Mrazek definitely stole that game for the Wings.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429381985.438430.jpg

Much better result - half the shots but twice the goals. Solid performance all around.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429411174.788165.jpg

The Red Wings simply outplayed us last night. They were faster to the puck and seemed to want it more. The Lightning looked sluggish at best. Failing to convert on the lengthy 5 on 3 was very disappointing. Oh well, on to game 4 - lots more hockey to play.

It was a very enjoyable game to watch. Like Paulo I have that soft spot for #19, but I am still rooting for Wings. Having Abdelkader back for us was huge.

The Wings at the Joe is huge. How often do you hear a crowd go wild - for killing off a penalty!

Lets Go Red Wings!

One hell of a game!
Probably the biggest 1:17 in the last five minutes of a game in this year's playoffs...unbelievable!

Somebody did a computer search of 50,000 NHL games - coming back from a 2-0 deficit with less than 6 minutes remaining has only happened 17 times. I'm glad it happened this time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom