Lightning Strikes (7 Viewers)

Eastern Conference Champions

E34A6009-3116-41F2-A2EA-4940A6D1EFE4.jpeg
D180C1DD-9432-46E2-A56F-97D75C21DF50.jpeg

As a Rangers fan, I didn't want to post it at the time, but I knew we'd end up losing this series once Tampa had pulled it back to 2-2. So frustrating!

Congrats though @k9dr! A threepeat would be insane, so hoping your boys go on to get the job done now.

Remind me to gloat when the favor is returned. Nice series and good luck on the three peat. Better team won and I'm not ashamed to say it.

Fair enough. The Rangers played a great series and simply ran out of gas. Shesterkin reminds me a lot of Vasilevskiy. I expect the Rangers to reach the cup final in the next season or two.

Congrats on the tourney win in NJ.

Fair enough. The Rangers played a great series and simply ran out of gas. Shesterkin reminds me a lot of Vasilevskiy. I expect the Rangers to reach the cup final in the next season or two.

Congrats on the tourney win in NJ.
Thanks bud, no hard feelings on my end, my comment was meant to be more tongue in cheek than how it came across I think.

Whelp, with the Oilers out, looks like I’ll be rooting for the Lightning to 3-peat! Would be quite the accomplishment in the salary cap era (Kucherov LTIR shenanigans last year aside).

Plus the Avs swept the Oilers, so they can get stuffed, lol.

Hmmm, do I go to the first Lightning home game of the Stanley Cup Finals :unsure: or sell the tickets for 5x face value :bigbucks: These are the two seats directly in front of mine.

C2B495F5-6C8E-4850-9C58-B0CEB915723E.jpeg

Hmmm, do I go to the first Lightning home game of the Stanley Cup Finals :unsure: or sell the tickets for 5x face value :bigbucks: These are the two seats directly in front of mine.

View attachment 931063
Coming from an Oilers fans who used to have season seats and was in the building for the last SCF game the Oilers played at home (way back in 2006), cherish the memories of being able to watch games like this live! You never know how long it'll be until you get the chance again.

That said, noone can hoist the Cup in Game 1... so if there was a game to sell, that'd be it.

You never know how long it'll be until you get the chance again.

That said, noone can hoist the Cup in Game 1... so if there was a game to sell, that'd be it.

Wait, I thought this happened every year ;)

BB9BCEE0-F260-46D9-9BD1-D87F1CA73FFF.jpeg

I usually try to sell one game each round to offset the cost of the other games.

I legit don't care who wins this series, but I can't wait to watch. It doesn't always happen in sports, but we have the league's two best teams playing for the championship. Get your popcorn ready!

Hot take: This series will cement Cale Makar's position as the premier defenseman in the league. And I say that knowing that Victor Hedman is on the other end of the ice.

IMO, this is the Lightning's series to lose and should prove to be the first real test for Colorado in this years playoffs.

I think offensively, these teams even out, but I'll take Vasilevski over whichever Avs goalie plays 24h/day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

In any event, it has the makings of an absolutely epic series. As a fan with no real stake in the success of either team, here's hoping it lives up to the hype! Gimme a 7 game slugfest!

All the games start at 3 AM my time, but I’ll try to manage LOL. Don’t know if they allow the winners to travel with the Cup yet, but both Rantanen and Lehkonen are from my region, so… If the Avs book three wins, I’ll get the jersey out! :p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom