LEDs on Standard Barrington Table - Best Practices? (2 Viewers)

Taxi500

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Would love some advice here. I'm nervous to grab a string of LEDs, glue them to the inside rail and have it suck.

Any recommendations on getting lights installed on my standard Barrington Table? I'd prefer batteries vs plug in as we don't play near outlets and I'd have to have to run an extension cord.

On a standard Barrington, is there any raised rail at all? I know the Barrington LED has a very slight raised rail so that there's a 1/4" to 1/2" space for the strip to fit.
Not sure how it could be done if the rail is tight to the felt.

It is exactly an inch thick of foam. I also put an RJ topper on which doesn't raise too high so I'd say i've got about 3/4" to play with... too little?

OOoOOoOoOO. Two 5v LED strips to one/two power bank(s) with two holes on both sides drilled into it. attach a power bank on the bottom and boom.

You're amazing! Thank you.

It can be done, but some holes would need to be drilled in the right place on the deck.
Some photos are included in the following post by @greedyintern :
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/barrington-poker-table-thread.30910/post-2352520
This was done on the LED version of the table.

Since the rail sits flush and is screwed down to the table, I'm not sure how LEDs can be added to the standard non-LED table.

The fold also poses a challenge and the only way I can think of achieving adding LEDs is by using two separate strips for each half of the table. Still, the LEDs themselves likely need to be stuck onto the bottom of the vinyl which I don't know if it will be as aesthetically pleasing. I've thought about raising the rail on my standard table but this requires a lot more work and haven't tackled it.

This was done on the LED version of the table.

Since the rail sits flush and is screwed down to the table, I'm not sure how LEDs can be added to the standard non-LED table.

The fold also poses a challenge and the only way I can think of achieving adding LEDs is by using two separate strips for each half of the table. Still, the LEDs themselves likely need to be stuck onto the bottom of the vinyl which I don't know if it will be as aesthetically pleasing. I've thought about raising the rail on my standard table but this requires a lot more work and haven't tackled it.
Measured the rail height and it's an inch above the felt. Add in a table topper, there's ~3/4" to play with if I used the adhesive around the edge.

On another note: My table leg half broke last night and I'll likely be waiting for it to snap in half so I can burn $200 on the LED model. Yay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom