LED light recommendations for a raised rail (2 Viewers)

mkadlec99

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I've been inspired by reading some of the poker table posts and making my own table with a 3/4" raised rail.

I'd like to complete it without a diffuser, I'm using this design: DIY table with lights

Does anyone have any recommendations on which lights to purchase and where to buy? I think the requirements will be about 17' of rope light, preferably USB powered so I don't have to worry about a cord.

Would love to hear what others think or anyone that has purchased and installed. Thanks,

Mark.

I used a cheap Chinese RGB set...no ragrets

IMG_20191127_190640.jpg

Thomacetti, your table turned out great!

Where did you order the LEDs? What length? Also, I won't have a diffuser so they should look ok even when not turned on

Mark, I'drecommend going with a set of strip RGB lighting as indicated above, but one with a wireless module which you can link to an app on your phone, so if its R/G/B/w/WW colours, you can go with a near endless combination of colour shades, modes, add a timer, etc. It's not a significant cost increase either. Jump on eBay or Amazon and search for a 5m strip...

RoOSTA

How did you make your custom light diffuser ? I am about to redo my railing on my table and want to have a raised rail with custom graphics for sure.
Can him give me some details please ?
Sure, kind Sir

I bought a sheet of milk-white/glazed/diffused acrylic and had the shop cut it in strips.
Then I contacted a printing & sticker shop and the made a rol on double transfer (cut-out) tape and I transfered it to the strips.
RGB-lighting behind and I was done :)

Ps. sorry for the delay, must have missed your question

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom