KK in a tourney (2 Viewers)

If I weren't the first aggressor on the button, I probably wouldn't have been confident that JJ was the best hand, but I was pretty sure that he thought I was raising with garbage and that I was four-betting light, too. I considered just jamming after he three bet, if I do, maybe he goes away, but I think I'd rather be playing for stacks as a 3-1 favorite.

Pretty stupid to push AT that hard, and I think it's pretty easy to get away from Jacks with a stack that big.

If I weren't the first aggressor on the button, I probably wouldn't have been confident that JJ was the best hand, but I was pretty sure that he thought I was raising with garbage and that I was four-betting light, too.

Lot of people limp-raise with KK or AA (and even AK), hoping that somebody makes that exact assumption. I'd wager that it's 50-50 in that spot that you are dominated (vs AA,KK,QQ) or flipping (AK), making it a pretty easy decision to not risk your tournament life with JJ.

Lot of people limp-raise with KK or AA (and even AK), hoping that somebody makes that exact assumption. I'd wager that it's 50-50 in that spot that you are dominated (vs AA,KK,QQ) or flipping (AK), making it a pretty easy decision to not risk your tournament life with JJ.

He was in the SB and had yet to act when I made my original raise, wasn't a limp-raise. I stand by my read for this tourney. I agree with your analysis in a real-money tourney.

Just call me chicken, I am not that skilled at tournament play -=- DrStrange

You're not chicken, just wrong. You can't play poker successfully if you always see monsters under the bed. We have a great hand against the raiser's range. We shove to isolate and expect to win a huge pot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom