Kids using nice chips? (1 Viewer)

Update-he had a full table of ten cash players, I guess they are down to 6 now.
CA9A6398-C775-4AEA-B413-5DCBA7AEEF37.jpeg

Last edited:
Tell Jack I'm bummed I did't get a call to fill out a seat...I'm retired and have nothing but time!!

But I probably would have been peeled by those kids, so maybe its better I didn't show!!

I already have that. He requested the Aurora Star chips by name. I said ok.

The suggestion to buy a starter set was more of a public service announcement, not really directed just to yourself.

If my boys want to learn more about playing poker, I break out the minty CDI98s!

My son has been asking to play with many of my other Poker chips.

Figured he's my only son, moving him up into some higher chips. He asks so nicely. Begs for Jacks, especially the $1Ks.

He sure does love the Jacks ..
IMG_20200112_114437.jpg
IMG_20200112_114755.jpg
IMG_20200112_120112.jpg

Then I gave him chip induced sensory overload with racks of CPCs..
IMG_20200112_115422.jpg

My kids range from 3 - 7 years old and have seen my chip collection. I had some ceramics left over from an old CT WSOP ceramic chip buy I let them use freely. The set is now scattered like Easter eggs around the house, hidden in the most unexpected places. Maybe when they become more responsible. I think my oldest has the personality that would respect things more. My middle son is probably the one that would spill the whole can of soda in the car on accident.

my group ages 4-11. They only use BTP and ES (also SB1s & GE 5s) chips for our poker 'games'. So far they have been very respectful and appreciate they are using dads good chips.

Edit: the 4 year old uses majestics

my group ages 4-11. They only use BTP and ES (also SB1s & GE 5s) chips for our poker 'games'. So far they have been very respectful and appreciate they are using dads good chips.
This is pretty cool man! Love it!

Now if I can just get my hands on BTPs. I'll let him peruse my sample set someday.

So if I ask nicely, can I play with your Boat Chips? Pretty please? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I have a feeling very soon Bart, very soon, you will be handling Boat chips at my next game! I'm feeling crazy...

Got multiple family add-ons in transit to me in the form of ES cash, AS cash, and AS Tournament stamps!

I have a feeling very soon Bart, very soon, you will be handling Boat chips at my next game! I'm feeling crazy...

Got multiple family add-ons in transit to me in the form of ES cash, AS cash, and AS Tournament stamps!
I like your thinking! New year, new set of chips!

Yes, I’d let my son or daughter (both adults) use my best poker set to host a game with their friends too. I have to admit I’d be on pins and needles worrying about the chips. But like you said, I didn’t buy them to just sit in a chip case. I’d gladly let my children enjoy them too :tup:

One of our sons (18yo) has been bitten by the poker bug and he and his friends in town have been playing quite a bit. They play mostly NLHE and cash games for a 10-20 dollar buy in. I know most of the kids from sports, high school etc. In fact I probably blushed with pride a little yesterday when he asked me if we ever do bomb pots in our games, because they do!

He is home on break from college along with most of his buddies, and the teen poker scene in South Lyon is hot! He just texted me to ask if he could use my Aurora Star cash set to host a game today. Our oldest son has already ruined one of my tables by sitting on it during a party in our basement lol! But I reluctantly said yes, as long as they treat my table and chips with R-E-S-P-E-C-T! I have plenty of other lesser (imo) sets he could use, but what the hell I didn't buy those chips to sit on a shelf.

Would you let your kids use the nicer chips in your collection? I once read a book called The Last Lecture about a dying man who had some interesting perspectives on life and if you have ever read the book you may recall where he dumped a full can of Coke in the back seat of his new convertible so his nieces and nephews would worry about screwing it up while they were riding in it! That is what I immediately thought of when the Aurora Star request was filed.

Absolutely I would (but not the Dunes, I'm not a retard). I liken this to letting my son use my 4 wheel Toyota. What an opportunity to build trust and for him to appreciate that trust/ He has to know how much you value your chips...not just the cost of them either.

Edit: I'd want them to use my Rosie's set for sure. She died about 10 years before any of my sons were born.

Would you let your kids use the nicer chips in your collection?

If the question was "a nice" set of chips the answer would be yes. But not "the nicer" set of chips. Two reasons.

(1). A nice set of chips will likely be nicer than most of my kids' friends have ever used in a home game.

(2) Every one of kids have had a couple of friends that are douche bags. I don't pick my kids' friends, but I sure as hell can pick who touches my "nicer" chips. Some douche bag tossing around my nicer chips or slamming a barrel down on the table because he threw a temper tantrum would result in me going to jail.

Hey!!! Who cut my nephews hair???
He finally agreed to let us cut it. It was getting in his food all the time and he seems happy to have it cut.

I'll admit, now that the long hair is gone, we do miss it..

Wanted to give this cool thread a bump. I've posted a few times, but as my son grows, so does his penchant to dabble in my collection. I can't help but indulge the lil man!!!

Here are some pics of us playing the other day...

Yep, he likes the ES $1s..
IMG_20201114_144802.jpg

We had a massive Pharaoh's splash party...blew his mind...
IMG_20201114_150507.jpg

He loves these little clay discs as much as me, if not more...
IMG_20201114_144436.jpg

He can also multi task, which for a 4 year old, is picking his nose and handling chips.. (no chips were boogered in this process)
IMG_20201114_144335.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom