Ketogenic Way of eating... (7 Viewers)

I'm craving the shit out of a burger, fries, and a two hearted. Honestly. I don't miss the way I would feel the next morning after eating like that. This appears to be helping my diverticulitis a lot!!

Not drinking every night is already helping my snoring.

Now, is it helping your poker?

I will say, and I may regret this post later, but I don't ever see myself going as high carb ever again, although I will likely relax some at some point. I just feel too much better, and don't have any carb cravings anymore.

Sure. I am not trying to make any rules for anyone else. The bottom line is you need to find a lifestyle that is both sustainable and healthy. Many of my friends have done P90x or some other weight loss endeavor only to regain the weight. My whole thing is the overall direction of my weight/health. If I am just gaining 1/16th of a pound every day then inevitably over time I will gain weight. I think you kinda need to be happy with your overall routine for it to stick year after year. Being too strict really is a recipe for failure long term IMO even if your short term goals are met.

I recently picked up a used elliptical machine and put it in the basement. That combined with my normal boxing routine has been a game changer for me over the past 6 months. I pretty much eat whatever I want but don't get too out of line. For me life is too short to skip drinking beer or eating brisket.

I hit a major plateau recently where I just bounce around in the same 3 pound range. Gunna have to start walking or spinning soon.

I mentioned in my other post but for me the elliptical has been a game changer. It is low impact and really allows for some great cardio and calorie burn. I blast music and just do my fixed time. So far still in the honeymoon phase but I like it.

Corona premiere and mich ultra. Both shit beers but they get the job done.

this gets the job done.

20190720_124232.jpg

“magic pill” on netflix is a decent documentary. which outlines why the modern world is facing an obesity epidemic, and the health problems related to it.as with any doc, it needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but it’s basis is solid imo. personally, i’m finding keto cannot be viewed as a quick fix, it would have to be a lifestyle commitment. so far, it’s been very easy to stick to with the rare cheat meal. once the garbage is out of the house, it’s easy. i find we have shifted from a “oh, no we cant have that” mindset to “no, we don’t want that” within a short timeframe. your body knows what it needs to survive, but humans have been conditioned over time to consume and use carbs for fuel (insert kellogg’s/gen mills big agri conspiracy theory here). i’ve also noticed my brain working better since the switch. better recall, faster decision making and correct problem solving, which doesn’t hurt at the tables. i had to up my protein macros to 35% for weightlifting, but i’m still losing weight and seeing gains in the gym. once i’m where i need to be, i’ll play with the numbers to maintain. i agree that for most people, including myself, the hardcore organic keto diet would be unsustainable long term, but a low carb/no processed lifestyle? piece of cake....mmmm..cake

I mentioned in my other post but for me the elliptical has been a game changer. It is low impact and really allows for some great cardio and calorie burn. I blast music and just do my fixed time. So far still in the honeymoon phase but I like it.

I have something to admit....I'm terrible on the elliptical machine. Terrible. Gimme the treadmill every time. I bought an elliptical to hold my laundry. I tried it a few times to get in a workout, and I was an epic fail. My feet can't stay in one place on those foot pad thingies, and just move all over the place, mostly sliding forward until my toes are jammed against the front. I'm doing something wrong. It holds a lot of laundry though.

I have something to admit....I'm terrible on the elliptical machine. Terrible. Gimme the treadmill every time. I bought an elliptical to hold my laundry. I tried it a few times to get in a workout, and I was an epic fail. My feet can't stay in one place on those foot pad thingies, and just move all over the place, mostly sliding forward until my toes are jammed against the front. I'm doing something wrong. It holds a lot of laundry though.

haha thats so funny. Dont take it too hard. I think all exercise equipment is relegated to holding laundry as a main vocation sooner or later :)

Funny, cause I'm the exact opposite, love the elliptical but have literally crashed and fallen off a treadmill (more than once...:bag:)

One thing about the elliptical I've noticed, you may find that you platue after 6-8 months if you're just "running" at a flat speed the whole time. Mixing in high intensity intervals (either fast or high resistence) every now and then helps a lot.

I forgot my keto lunch at home today :/ Where do people go when they have to eat out for lunch?
It's really tough to find a place that can't serve something keto - burger with no bun, salads, etc.

I also keep an emergency stash in my desk: usually Justin's peanut butter packets and Vienna sausages.
Lagunitas Daytime IPA - only 3 grams of carbs :cool

View attachment 318217
Never met a Lagunitas I didn't like, so I will definitely be trying this one.

204.5 this morning. 7 pound loss in 13 days. Having my morning water, then coffee... Then ham and eggs

Last edited:
Then ham asks eggs@
Processed deli meats are something I avoid. Too many better options out there.

I do like weekends, tho, when I can spend a little more time making breakfast... I'm gonna try this creamed spinach and sausage. Also, I've been looking for a hash brown alternative... I've used cauliflower rice and found it tastes like, well, cauliflower. But I'm willing to give this a try...

I do like weekends, tho, when I can spend a little more time making breakfast... I'm gonna try this creamed spinach and sausage. Also, I've been looking for a hash brown alternative... I've used cauliflower rice and found it tastes like, well, cauliflower. But I'm willing to give this a try...

It's not processed ham. It's leftover ham that we had frozen for a later time :)

I've also been looking for a breakfast potato substitute. Im trying roasted radishes tomorrow

I kitchen sink'ed it this morning. I made keto bread with scallions, garlic scapes and flax seeds. But I made it in a round dish so that I could slice it and use it for sandwich bookends. I toasted the slices because it needed to crisp up to handle the rest of the breakfast sandwich I'm creating

Next (or simultaneously), I cooked 3 strips of bacon, crumbled. I added 2 eggs, the rest of the scallions and garlic scapes plus some fresh basil and kinda made it into an omelette. I put that on the bread with cheese and kale.

(Ignore the Winnie the Pooh Christmas plate.)

IMG_20190803_094730780.jpg

IMG_20190803_094849163.jpg

I may not eat again today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom