Kem or Faded Spade? (5 Viewers)

Kem or Faded Spade

• Total voters
Sold some chips to a friend whos a competent but casual player, threw in a free setup. He looked through my box with Angel/KEMs/Modiano/Fournier, aaand chose the poker sized Faded Spades 1.0 with the slight warp. Said he likes the stiffness and art, cardbacks are great.
wait until they split, then he'll have extra cards!

wait until they split, then he'll have extra cards!
I've never known the 1.0's to split. The 2.0's definitely do, however. The 1.0 and 3.0 stock bows and warps to all hell but I've seen no documentation of split cards.

Faded Spade needs to contract with Cartamundi or Dal Negro if they're going to survive as a brand. Every single iteration of their cards to this point has had major issues.

At this point, Dal Negro, Fournier, Angel, Cartamundi (Copag), and Piatnik are the only card manufacturers left that offer a consistent product that doesn't have any kind of major issues. Off the top of my head, this is a quick summary of issues I know of:

Kem: Well documented issues with bowing and warping

Faded Spade: Same as Kem, plus a bad record of customer service.

Modiano: Abhorrent customer service and well documented quality control issues.

King: Majority of bridge jumbo decks were warped with a group buy run a couple of years ago. Decks were offered to be replaced.

Am I missing any?

Dont feel like making a new card bowing thread, but WOW, faded spades in this video are rough. Look like they're an inch off the table.

As said before FS do not have own printing equipment...
I belive that different versions differ significantly

Sold some chips to a friend whos a competent but casual player, threw in a free setup. He looked through my box with Angel/KEMs/Modiano/Fournier, aaand chose the poker sized Faded Spades 1.0 with the slight warp. Said he likes the stiffness and art, cardbacks are great.

I probably would have chosen the Angel.

Many would have! Love the feel, incredible. Just another datapoint that people who otherwise dont care about cards like my friend seem to like Faded spade.
I have a setup of the Club Poker form Angel, but not as fond of them...they're tough to square up after a riffle. Maybe I just need to break them in a bit?

I bought my first two decks of copag about 15 years ago. Just got 4 decks of Kem. The copag still have a great firmness to them. After a dozen shuffled of the kem decks I feel like they are too soft. Is that expected?

I bought my first two decks of copag about 15 years ago. Just got 4 decks of Kem. The copag still have a great firmness to them. After a dozen shuffled of the kem decks I feel like they are too soft. Is that expected?

Where did you buy your KEMs? Wondering if its a modern or vintage version..

That softness is because they’re thinner and more flexible than Copags. They’re easier to shuffle, imo, and that’s one of the main reasons I prefer them.

Why is copag not in the mix? Kem and Faded Spade seems polarized in looks, feel and stiffness :D

King: Majority of bridge jumbo decks were warped with a group buy run a couple of years ago. Decks were offered to be replaced.
Have all deformed decks been replaced?

I bought 4 green decks, all deformed unfortunately

Why is copag not in the mix? Kem and Faded Spade seems polarized in looks, feel and stiffness :D
This is just one discussion, many people like COPAG. One of the biggest knocks on copags are that the ink comes off before others do, little flecks and specks missing from my suits.

Good cheap cards though, Ive had a few poker size decks last a long while.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom