Just moved from iPhone to Android (2 Viewers)

I have an iPhone for one reason: to prevent excommunication from my entire family & friend circles.

Or put another way, iMessage.

I had an early Pixel and really liked it. If we predominately used WhatsApp here, I'd consider another one.

I've been using Pixel since the version 2. I usually skip the next gen and wait for the following model. I have the 7 Pro now. Vanilla Android is nice. No bloatware and updates come faster.

Give it some time. Once you get used to it, I think you will like it. If you are in the apple ecosystem (macbook, ipad, etc) then having an iPhone makes sense.

IMG_8689.gif

Textra > iMessage

Please do yourself a favor and get Textra, set it to your texting app, life is better. I currently have an iPhone, same as Aggie - the demographics are huge to not participate in it.

Textra is better for your game texts, you can create one message, blast it to 20 people and its all a 1:1 convo, not a group chat.

Or you know, go get an iPhone

We moved because tracking kids is easier, and the Photos (camera) / photo software is better.

@nitzilla what is that app you mentioned, signal? For setting up secure comms?

I've been a "pure Android" guy since the Nexus One. Third party bloatware drives me nuts.

I used to upgrade every other gen, but I'm still on a Pixel 4a 5G and super happy with it. I'll move up to a 7 or 7a (or an 8) when this dies.

I have an iPhone for one reason: to prevent excommunication from my entire family & friend circles.

Or put another way, iMessage.

I had an early Pixel and really liked it. If we predominately used WhatsApp here, I'd consider another one.
Everyone here is on WhatsApp. I'd say more are on Android then Apple.

I've been using Pixel since the version 2. I usually skip the next gen and wait for the following model. I have the 7 Pro now. Vanilla Android is nice. No bloatware and updates come faster.

Give it some time. Once you get used to it, I think you will like it. If you are in the apple ecosystem (macbook, ipad, etc) then having an iPhone makes sense.
That's good to know. I have no idea what bloatware is other than the underpants I use for Christmas dinner :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Textra > iMessage

Please do yourself a favor and get Textra, set it to your texting app, life is better. I currently have an iPhone, same as Aggie - the demographics are huge to not participate in it.

Textra is better for your game texts, you can create one message, blast it to 20 people and its all a 1:1 convo, not a group chat.

Or you know, go get an iPhone

We moved because tracking kids is easier, and the Photos (camera) / photo software is better.

@nitzilla what is that app you mentioned, signal? For setting up secure comms?
WhatsApp is king over here. Hardly anyone sends texts.

I've not heard of textra. I'll check it out.

Fine, get one yourself but make sure your parents stay on iphone. I’ve been forced to give my parents long distance android support on their bullshit samsung phones that they bought (against the siblings’ strong recommendations). Android and old people don’t mix.

Fine, get one yourself but make sure your parents stay on iphone. I’ve been forced to give my parents long distance android support on their bullshit samsung phones that they bought (against the siblings’ strong recommendations). Android and old people don’t mix.

I'm the one in my family who wasn't on Android. They've all been trying to get me to switch for years. Bunch of screwballs!!

Finally got the contacts moved across. Had to download Google drive to the old iPhone and export to that.

Only thing I'm waiting for is my photos. Apparently that can take 3-7 days to transfer over.

It’s gmail. I hate it. I’ve got 11 email accounts on my phone and the iPhone displays them separately in a nice list with the number of unread items showing.

Gmail either bundles them all together or it doesn’t show if there are any unread emails in a mailbox unless you open the mailbox.

That and it keeps disconnecting from my car…
IMG_8686.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom