Just got Desjgn cards 2024 victorian (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I just got these today! Shipping was super fast. I ordered them off the Desjgn store on Esty. I’ve been using Copag and Faded Spade 3.0 for the past couple of years. Although the distinct feel is unexpected, these square up real nicely. After playing with them for half an hour, I can see these becoming my new go-to’s! Any small maintenance to avoid warping in the long run?
IMG_5871.jpeg
IMG_5871.jpeg
IMG_5874.jpeg
IMG_5875.jpeg
IMG_5877.jpeg

You gave me a heart attack thinking I missed a new release from @desjgn

These are PVC and should hold their shape nicely. With any other plastic cards, try to avoid storing them in heat, humidity, or direct sunlight. I'd avoid any other place where variations in temperature may occur like the garage, shed, etc.

Enjoy! Some of my favorite cards ever made!

Desjgn is still at the top of my rankings and I agree with @Jimulacrum - the texture is fantastic. I have the classic diamond (bridge size, blackjack index) and think they're so unique and cool. Enjoy.

I found the distinct feel wore off fairly quickly - that is the ever-so-slightly grainy (for want of a better word) texture became smooth over a short time.

If we ever played any games with the jokers then I'd use a different deck as the dealer would be able to tell which cards were jokers in my Desjgn decks as they have never been used and you can feel the difference between them and the rest of the deck.

Lovely cards either way and after a couple of hundred hours play they are still in great shape, a tiny bit of wear on a few but you have to look closely. Just went through my 2 decks and this is total wear so far, those little flecks of white are hardly worth mentioning.

LWd8BER.png

I do have a Chanman cloth though which is supersoft, I suspect I'd be looking at a new setup by now if my surface was SSC or another rougher material.

Desjgns and Faded Spade are my favorite setups these days. Depends really on whether I'm dealing or not. If I'm dealing then Desjgns. If I'm not, Faded Spade =).

If money weren't an issue, then Modiano =)

Warping is usually just an issue with acetate cards in humid conditions sometimes.

I own every example of Desjgn cards in bridge size. While the cards stock is very different form design to design they all appear to be PVC and all my Desjgns are fine. Years ago I ordered a setup in the summer and one deck had a slight bow. He sent a replacement. But stored in my finished basement they have all stayed flat.

Some PVC cards will take a bow though. Gemaco…the Superflex and the cheap 5 star have bowed on me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom